Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt/Ororo/Logan is my happy place.
    Rachel just didn’t work for me, I think of her as not much older than Kitty.
    But the poor lad deserves some love from someone!
    I'm not a Kurchel shipper either but I really want to know how Storm felt about Rachel with Kurt and why Logan and her were acting the way they were in his solo. Well Rachel was 17 when Kurt was about 21 and he celebrated his birthday in 1980 and Rachel first appeared in the 616 universe in 1984 when she joined the X-Men, so they were about 4 years apart. But still yes its not the age of consent here in the states. So I'm glad when they dredged up this old plot that was 15 years old, that they waited until she had aged instead of hooking up in Excalibur which they never did nor had they ever kissed, that didn't happen until Claremonts XSE.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'm not a Kurchel shipper either but I really want to know how Storm felt about Rachel with Kurt and why Logan and her were acting the way they were in his solo. Well Rachel was 17 when Kurt was about 21 and he celebrated his birthday in 1980 and Rachel first appeared in the 616 universe in 1984 when she joined the X-Men, so they were about 4 years apart. But still yes its not the age of consent here in the states. So I'm glad when they dredged up this old plot that was 15 years old, that they waited until she had aged instead of hooking up in Excalibur which they never did nor had they ever kissed, that didn't happen until Claremonts XSE.
    Four years is nothing, it wasn’t an age issue for me. I love Rachel, have done since Excalibur days, but there was zero sexual chemistry between them. There aren’t enough lesbians in the X-Men, I wouldn’t be opposed to them going in that direction with her.

Four years is nothing, it wasn’t an age issue for me. I love Rachel, have done since Excalibur days, but there was zero sexual chemistry between them. There aren’t enough lesbians in the X-Men, I wouldn’t be opposed to them going in that direction with her.
    I cant help but think of Franklin too when I think of Rachels loves. I see her more as bi and that she is possibly in love with Kitty but I don't see it as reciprocated on Kitty's end. If she's gay, she's really closeted. Writers like to say there is some between Kitty and Rachel but they keep making her (kitty) destined lovers older males. Sorry there, strayed a bit off topic. JMO.

More Kurt and Betsy. Around the time Betsy just joins the X-Men -- The X-Babies!

I cant help but think of Franklin too when I think of Rachels loves. I see her more as bi and that she is possibly in love with Kitty but I don't see it as reciprocated on Kitty's end. If she's gay, she's really closeted. Writers like to say there is some between Kitty and Rachel but they keep making her (kitty) destined lovers older males. Sorry there, strayed a bit off topic. JMO.
    There’s not enough bi representation either, so I’d be good with that too.

And, back on topic, still no Kurt in the current books. I suppose it’s saving me a shed load of money.

Next step in Todd’s commission for me. Colors are next.

Spectacular Member

More Kurt and Betsy. Around the time Betsy just joins the X-Men -- The X-Babies!

Cool. I don't think I've ever read that book. I see it's Art Adams - always a plus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Cool. I don't think I've ever read that book. I see it's Art Adams - always a plus!
    I love his work, the attention to detail and sense of humour (though his X-Babies were not his best, his proportions for children’s bodies wasn’t right). Was this an annual? I can’t remember, it’s in a box upstairs, I haven’t read if for years.

Astonishing Member

I always wanted a Nightcrawler and Dust relationship, both deeply spiritual mutants.It would be wonderfully apropos to have them bond over questioning their faith among Krakoa's ethical and existential dilemmas with all the resurrections.To me this ship just looks natural and interesting actually

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I always wanted a Nightcrawler and Dust relationship, both deeply spiritual mutants.It would be wonderfully apropos to have them bond over questioning their faith among Krakoa's ethical and existential dilemmas with all the resurrections.To me this ship just looks natural and interesting actually
    Even a friendship with Dust would be interesting.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I love his work, the attention to detail and sense of humour (though his X-Babies were not his best, his proportions for children’s bodies wasn’t right). Was this an annual? I can’t remember, it’s in a box upstairs, I haven’t read if for years.
    It's UXM Annual #10 (1987), the one in which Longshot fell to the Danger Room and joined the X-Men. It took me years to got this comic-book: I finally found it in a flea market and I jumped and cried.

You're right, neither Adams nor almost any artist can draw children enough correctly. I only love those by Bogdanove and June Brigman.

Four years is nothing, it wasn’t an age issue for me. I love Rachel, have done since Excalibur days, but there was zero sexual chemistry between them.
    I agree both. I really don't see where's the issue in a relationship between two persons of 17 and 21, as long as they don't have sex in their second meeting. I mean, why can't they fall in love and start to date in a respectful and nice way? I don't understand, either, those who say that Rachel can't be with Kurt because the Nightcrawler from her time line was an adult when she was a child. So...? They're different persons.

That said, I'm not a Kurchel shipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    It's UXM Annual #10 (1987), the one in which Longshot fell to the Danger Room and joined the X-Men. It took me years to got this comic-book: I finally found it in a flea market and I jumped and cried.

You're right, neither Adams nor almost any artist can draw children enough correctly. I only love those by Bogdanove and June Brigman.
    Oh, June Brigman was so refreshing! Drawing kids is definitely a knack! X-Babies was a bit too silly for me, but I liked Longshot.
    Lovely story of you finding the issue!
    When I decided to track down all the back issues, from 94 up, it took years, I started in 1980 and finished in about ‘82. I bought black and white Marvel UK reprints and some very tatty original copies. If there was a £5 copy or a tatty £3 copy, I’d buy the cheaper one, they weren’t an investment.
    Some of the shops were quite seedy, not sure my mother would have approved of her 17-18 year old daughter going into some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I agree both. I really don't see where's the issue in a relationship between two persons of 17 and 21, as long as they don't have sex in their second meeting. I mean, why can't they fall in love and start to date in a respectful and nice way? I don't understand, either, those who say that Rachel can't be with Kurt because the Nightcrawler from her time line was an adult when she was a child. So...? They're different persons.

That said, I'm not a Kurchel shipper.
    Yeah, same here.
    I can’t do Kurt/Kitty in 616 reality, but I’ve seen some of Evolution and in that universe I completely get it. But fans are free to like whatever pairings they are comfortable with.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 07-23-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Ten thousand hits on my fanfic (over eleven months). Feel quite proud of myself! It’s kept me out of mischief during the cancer recovery and lockdown.

There’s not enough bi representation either, so I’d be good with that too.

And, back on topic, still no Kurt in the current books. I suppose it’s saving me a shed load of money.
    No there really isn't, especially in a positive way. Except I'm not sure about Bobby, If he is meant to be gay or bi. I think the consensus is gay.

That's unfortunate but i have more money for coffee. So I agree there is a positive,

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Yes, it was Uncanny X-Men Annual number 10.