Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The German mob is not the only time Kurt’s been harassed, it was a New York mob which chased and battered him leading to this cover.
    Attachment 102767
    Thanks. Like I said, being an Avengers has shielded Hank in many ways so take that as a no-prize answer. He's also a respected doctor whereas Kurt doesnt have a public persona and the average person that sees him just sees him for his mutation without knowing anything about him

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. Like I said, being an Avengers has shielded Hank in many ways so take that as a no-prize answer. He's also a respected doctor whereas Kurt doesnt have a public persona and the average person that sees him just sees him for his mutation without knowing anything about him
    The Avengers connection definitely makes sense, it’s an impressive, pretty public gig. I’m not sure stopping a mob by shouting “Stop, I’ve written a paper on Quantum Particles! It’s peer reviewed! ” would work as well!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yes, exactly my preference would for Kurt’s Catholicism to be no more a focus than Kitty’s (or anyone else’s) religion, it’s just not a defining characteristic.

Thanks for the heads up, can’t say I’m surprised, will save my money l

Bringing up Hank has got me thinking, has Beast been chased by mobs? I can’t remember but I’m pretty sure he has. If he hasn’t, why does Kurt get the shittier treatment? They both strange looking, particularly when Hank’s in full cat-beast mode. He’s considerably bigger and bulkier than Kurt, he should be more threatening than he is. Of course, it’s not helped by modern artists making Kurt so handsome, sometimes pretty, I’m a sucker for ‘pretty Kurt’ as much as the next red blooded person, but he shouldn’t lose the strangeness too.
    I remember Beast being just as popular in the Avengers celebrity status and used to hang around in the city with Wonder Man and dating and such and he wasn't even in disguise. I don't know if that happened right away or not.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-02-2020 at 11:52 AM.

129909366_10224876348714173_3271851686753094749_o.jpg

The very first cover I discovered from "X of Swords" (Free Comic Book day). I was so HAPPY to finally see Nightcrawler get some action !... I was SO sure this event would be his. But D'oh !... he didn't appear at all in this issue and, during the crossover, never wore a sword. Do you thing I can sue Marvel for false advertising ??

^ No comment.

So what is the consensus on Cerise? Do you still like her as a possible girlfriend again? Did her reveal (by Lobdell) as Shiar ruin it or enhance the relationship? Her character? Or are you indifferent? You have someone else in mind? Inquiring minds want to know (not really, though, just me).

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    ^ No comment.

So what is the consensus on Cerise? Do you still like her as a possible girlfriend again? Did her reveal (by Lobdell) as Shiar ruin it or enhance the relationship? Her character? Or are you indifferent? You have someone else in mind? Inquiring minds want to know (not really, though, just me).

The Shi'Ar revelation could have been interesting. But it was just a way to cast this cool and original character aside. She then went to limbo. Such a shame.
    So : not cool at all.

I'm quite fed up with the lack of Nightcrawler nowadays.
    I'll write to Marvel.
    Is the address officex#marvel.com still relevant ?

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    I'm quite fed up with the lack of Nightcrawler nowadays.
    I'll write to Marvel.
    Is the address officex#marvel.com still relevant ?
    I'm not sure. I haven't written anything to Marvel in ages. On Cerise, yes its too bad. And many people seem to like her and there still seems to be fans of the Kurt/Cerise pairing online and even new ones from mostly friends fanart.

Woah! Steamy.

Some fanart of this classic scene. Or maybe Cerise decided to do it a second time.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-07-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Cerise is the best...
    Well, I wrote -even if the letters page vanished with Dawn of X.
    To be continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    Cerise is the best...
    Well, I wrote -even if the letters page vanished with Dawn of X.
    To be continued.
    I was kinda neutral on Cerise, loved her design, but then Alan does draw the sexiest babes and no problem with her being Shi’ar.
    But she just didn’t make much of an impression on me, which is the writers fault.
    I think my main joy was that she wasn’t Amanda/Jimaine who I’ve never had any time for (I’d have been up for Amanda, the human air-hostess as his partner, it’s just the unnecessary baggage that came with Jimaine, I never got on board with).

For a self declared ‘ladies-man’ Kurt has surprisingly few partners and not even that many casual flings.
    I would think that Kurt would be somewhat wary of people just wanting to fۤk the freak, there are some very strange people out there, with not entirely healthy mindsets and he is very different to the average bloke.

I rather love this AD art with Nighty and Rachel.

Bonus Jim Lee Excalibur card scan.

So what do people feel about Kitty and Kurt's brother/sister relationship? I find it quite amusing and touching.

Kurt trying to wave his big brother finger. At only twenty-one Kurt takes this role seriously to almost a father role as well at times. But in the end they are great friends. I have to say one of Kurt's best friendships.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    So what do people feel about Kitty and Kurt's brother/sister relationship? I find it quite amusing and touching.

Kurt trying to wave his big brother finger. At only twenty-one Kurt takes this role seriously to almost a father role as well at times. But in the end they are great friends. I have to say one of Kurt's best friendships.

Totally love it. And it felt very natural, they grew together in Excalibur.
    Funny enough, I’m in the middle of writing an Excalibur fanfic about their friendship!
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/27...pters/68169172

X-Men Forever. Nightcrawler and Rogue became quite the dorky and awkward brother/sister act later. Kurt's "narcissism" not to be taken seriously.

I have all these cards and all the ones in the series. I have them in a binder and it is formed into this pic. I found this though of the internet so you don't see the space in between.