Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Lukas Werneck saves the day.

Attachment 93737Attachment 93738
    Hawt! Thanks for sharing!

BANNED

Kurt needs to start growing his beard out because he’s going to be the Krakoan Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Kurt needs to start growing his beard out because he’s going to be the Krakoan Jesus.
    We already had X-Man.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The lightning struck tower.
    Cerebus for Pope.
    Cardinal and the Last Religion.
    A thousand and one real world examples.

With the best will in the world, this never ends well.

And this was not the most disturbing thing in the issue!

Following a conversation in another thread, Phoenixcrawler.
    Of course, I think he’d go up like a Roman candle if possessed by the Big Bird, but it was fun to design.

Any thoughts on yesterday?
    Like Kurt, I have questions. Lots of questions.
    Though I must admit, this is the obvious place to put Kurt, if you are building a mutant culture, it’s an important central role.

But I’m sorry for him, because you know he’s going to start out with all the best intentions, all the compassion and hope and love that is Kurt, he’s going to try very hard to make something good. And it’s going to get twisted and broken, somewhere down the line, by zealots or radicals or outside forces and his beautiful cathedral is going to come crashing down.

BANNED

i felt his voice was perfect, this is kurt at his potential best, but now with clear path forward for his characther that is both inovative but also rooted on his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i felt his voice was perfect, this is kurt at his potential best, but now with clear path forward for his characther that is both inovative but also rooted on his story.
    It’s certainly the role which suits his spiritual nature best.

Interestingly, Yu drew Kurt standing upright for most of the book, barely a hint of a crouch.
    While I understand that Kurt’s crouching posture is part of the character and long, long established, I feel it sometimes contributes to the way some writers treat him as the mascot, rather than an integral part of the team.
    Body language, particularly subliminal clues given out by crouching or making oneself smaller, are deeply ingrained and hard to get by. The only other artist who frequently draws Kurt standing upright is Alan Davis who has in interviews said that it was a conscious decision to give Kurt gravitas and importance.
    I wonder if it was intentional in this issue?
    I’d love to see Hickman’s script.

"In the land of blind faith, the one eyed man is king." He says to the Cyclops. This is why I love Nightcrawler. Cant wait for his giant size issue.

I guess this is why Kurt wasn't available to be on anyone's roster full-time - looks like he's going to be a cornerstone for a facet of Krakoa's world-building going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    "In the land of blind faith, the one eyed man is king." He says to the Cyclops. This is why I love Nightcrawler. Cant wait for his giant size issue.
    End of March.
    And Hickman said that all the giant sized issues tie together, plus it’s Alan, so Kurt will be treated with respect. Yep, looking forward to that one but I don’t think it will be about his religion. I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I guess this is why Kurt wasn't available to be on anyone's roster full-time - looks like he's going to be a cornerstone for a facet of Krakoa's world-building going forward.
    Given the push towards a mutant culture, a mutant religion is an obvious extension of that, and if you were going to trust someone to start something, it’d be Kurt.
    He’ll be so full of optimism, hope, good intentions.
    and it will all end in fire and I feel so sorry for him, it will break his heart

So it will be an interesting few months ahead.
    Now, will he try to make something on his own or will he get other religious/spiritual mutants in for a brainstorming session?
    I’d hope for the latter. I’d hope he’d turn to Ororo for ideas, guidance, but she may be otherwise occupied.
    and there is a clear pattern developing of Krakoa or someone/something trying to give our merry mutants their hearts desires... and if that’s not sinister (lower case) I don’t know what is.

Astonishing Member

I've been thinking about his religion and I think it will be more like Hindu with reincarnation being a big thing.Im not sure it will be theistic or dualistic but I could be wrong. It's funny because the mutant Messiah(Moira) is not even known by anyone outside Magneto and Xavier.So I think this religion will borrow Buddhist or Hindu principles not monotheistic ones.Or it may be purely new age.Interesting I hope they write one episode centered on Nightcrawler where this is elabourated

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I've been thinking about his religion and I think it will be more like Hindu with reincarnation being a big thing.Im not sure it will be theistic or dualistic but I could be wrong. It's funny because the mutant Messiah(Moira) is not even known by anyone outside Magneto and Xavier.So I think this religion will borrow Buddhist or Hindu principles not monotheistic ones.Or it may be purely new age.Interesting I hope they write one episode centered on Nightcrawler where this is elabourated
    Oh, I’m fascinated as to where this is going.
    A polytheistic religion, including reincarnation would seem to be the most likely but it may be something entirely new and unique.
    Will there be priests and priestesses? A hierarchy of clergy? Holy warriors (Exodus! Yikes!)

I can’t see Kurt (or Hickman) being blind to the possible pitfalls.
    But will the power go to his head? I’d like to hope not, but stories need drama. Have we ever seen Kurt in a position of power, other than as field leader?

I don’t think Kurt’s lost his faith, it seems to be, er, mutating, will this change survive the Hickman era?

Nick Robles sketch from C2E2 via Ross Hutchinson on Facebook.

Bed fur, like bed hair. But worse.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I fully read the issue as I borrowed it from my friend who said NC had a big part in it. It certainly had me curious , the writing was a bit better. As I said in the official issue thread I hope mysticism is where this goes maybe new age. When Kurt showed up in that glowing white cloak in Aarons Wolverine after he died and swashbuckling I imagined the idea of Kurt being an mutant Obi-Wan.

The tarot card reminded me of the one from his Sacasa series. Though, the only thing they really have in common is they both have a sword.

Many new age faiths and modern mystics do believe in reincarnation. The devil card that shows Kurt may defy Christianity. In some beliefs the devil, or demon isn't always evil and its more about learning lessons than an outright evil being corrupting your soul.

If Kurt has to continue with the spirituality theme I rather it be something like that.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-28-2020 at 08:46 PM.