19 16.24%
  • No

78 66.67%
  • Maybe

20 17.09%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't use Google.
    Congrats. Yahoo? Bing? Point is, a simple definition doesn’t even begin to capture the concept without a dive into race theory as well as the acknowledgement of race as a social construct.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You read the run, I don't… I have the impression that the silent masses of Krakoa are rather silent and don't express much their singularity. How could they? It isn't very democratic, is it?
    Oh definitely, there really does need to be way more in terms of disagreement, if not outright dissent. There needs to be a balanced view; though there is a good idea brewing here it really hasn't earned as much esteem, I feel, as the characters are giving it. It still needs to be proven, shown not told and part of that comes from having characters pay more than lip-service to the idea of not agreeing with what's going on. Explore the scepticism, really delve into it; let's see things from the other side to truly give a nuanced view!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Shogo is a human and he is on Krakoa. Brian Braddock has visited Krakoa and seems to be a welcome guest under circumstances. Also if or when mutants start producing children that are human i doubt they will not be forbidden to be on Krakoa.
    Yes humans can be invited to krakoa , even live in krakoa , but they arent krakoans. Only Homo superior can be krakoans, Jordan White say this in twitter.
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...83919265910784

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Not racist, but a bit supremacist to be honest; or, at least has its' supremacist individuals who, unfortunately, hold a significant portion of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Krakoa is racist by definition. They give or deny the nationality in function of your race.
    Sorry, meant to say it’s not a facist one. Autocorrect is a cruel mistress.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Shogo is a human and he is on Krakoa. Brian Braddock has visited Krakoa and seems to be a welcome guest under circumstances. Also if or when mutants start producing children that are human i doubt they will be forbidden to be on Krakoa.
    I feel like that could be a really intriguing plot point; hoping it gets it's due and isn't just waved-away under some disingenuous "It rarely happens so we won't show it." Like, it does happen; let's really see what it'll mean!

Fine, I'll concede that Krakoa is not an heteroauthoritative rule.

BANNED

Yes humans can be invited to krakoa , even live in krakoa , but they arent krakoans. Only Homo superior can be krakoans, Jordan White say this in twitter.
    What if a human were born there though? Wouldn't that mean they were Krakoan by virtue of birth?

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What opposition is being suppressed? What far-right ideologies are they adopting? How are they anymore nationalistic than the United Stated or, hell, Sweden?

Really? I feel like we’ve been here before. Maybe I’m just having some deja vu.
    No we have been here before no deja vu at all. This topic will come up again during the Spring
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    No we have been here before no deja vu at all. This topic will come up again during the Spring
    With more data about the mysterious nation of Krakoa…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Congrats. Yahoo? Bing? Point is, a simple definition doesn’t even begin to capture the concept without a dive into race theory as well as the acknowledgement of race as a social construct.
    Jesus, why would you ever accuse someone of using Bing? Some things can't be unsaid.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

From that twitter post he seems to explain that Danger is not a mutant and does not have a X-gene. I did not see him mention that only mutants can be Krakoans. He could have been referencing that only mutants can use the gates to get to Krakoa.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

They closed krakoa after charles death and didnt let anyone out without an autorization of the Quiet Council . that seems overly controlling.
    Not at all, They shut down for a few days after a major terrorist attack, there is nothing sinister about that. Its called a State of Emergency, and its been an unfortunate necessity in response to terrorist incidents in many different places and countries.

After 9/11 the US invoked SCATANA (Security Control of Air Traffic and Air Navigation Aids) for the first time and ordered that American airspace would be closed to all international flights.
    In 2013 there was a major terrorist attack in Boston during the Boston Marathon. In the immediate aftermath they Shut down a 15 block area of Boston, restricted the airspace over the city and halted plane and train service.
    In France after the 2015 Paris attacks they declared a three-month state of emergency across the country. This involved the banning of public demonstrations, and allowing the police to carry out searches without a warrant, put anyone under house arrest without trial and block websites that encouraged acts of terrorism. France didn't shut down air traffic but did close many of the metro stations in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I can already feel it coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Jesus, why would you ever accuse someone of using Bing? Some things can't be unsaid.
    What Powers of X doesn’t teach you is that Moira found out the forbidden knowledge that Bing was actually invented and run by Limbo demons.

"How to--"

GOOGLE: "--tie a tie"

BING: "--create the Mother Mold, the Nimrods, and the Bastion units required to wipe out all of man and mutantkind"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "How to--"

GOOGLE: "--tie a tie"

BING: "--create the Mother Mold, the Nimrods, and the Bastion units required to wipe out all of man and mutantkind"
    Idk, genocide bots are more of a Yahoo! thing