• Yes

19 16.24%
  • No

78 66.67%
  • Maybe

20 17.09%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Is Krakoa a fascist cult?

It's been a topic for months and I wish to hear your opinions. Personally I think Krakoa IS a sex cult but I don't think their facist.

Oh wow straight for the jugular

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Facist Krakoa and it's goverment aren't but something does feel odd and dark to me.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-01-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy
    Yes, kind of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy
    Yes, kind of.
    Posting a definition doesn’t make it so.

BANNED

Yes and I’m here for it.

BANNED

I think it's got facist tendencies, but those come from individuals within the fold and not from the overall direction. So, characters like Apocalypse, Sinister and maybe Magneto depending on what mood he's in--yeah, facist tendencies that you don't get from Charles (as recently confirmed in X-Men #4, thankfully.)

Flaws in the writing though definitely make it seem like that: X-Men #1 was an absolute nightmare for this--everyone had the exact same voice and were spouting what seemed like the exact same rhetoric in a very "US VS THEM" manner. There didn't seem to be any nuance and it really did seem like it was going to go full steam ahead on that narrative.

Now I do find the idea that mutants having to separate themselves from humanity and refer to themselves as so different a bit problematic, definitely, but that's mostly from characters like Magneto who have canonically denounced that way before the start of this. It's annoying to see that they 'won' in that respect, not because mutants shouldn't be proud or embrace that they are mutants and what makes them that, but because it seems to validate the problematic attitudes from said characters who'd done that beforehand. Like "HA! We ARE Superior and always have been!! Now watch us lord it over you!!" --they just seem like arseholes to be honest. Quentin Quire flexing those vibes certainly didn't endear me to it, but at least Wolverine's spoken up about it which is something.

It is totally coming across as a cult more than a home though, no doubt about that.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-01-2020 at 02:40 PM.

I feel like most people here are gonna say no because the X-Forums are pretty sensitive to the X-Men being portrayed as whackos sometimes, lol.

I voted maybe. I'm also here for the sweat from the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Yes, kind of.
    What opposition is being suppressed? What far-right ideologies are they adopting? How are they anymore nationalistic than the United Stated or, hell, Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh wow straight for the jugular
    Really? I feel like we’ve been here before. Maybe I’m just having some deja vu.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Ehhhh. I don't see how they could be. Are they anti-foreign? Yes, to a certain degree, but only against hostile nations. Does the state glorify itself above the individual? Nah. Are they overly controlling? No, you can take a portal to any nation you want. Hell, you can have a house on the moon. There's also free health care, housing, education, and employment assistance. Are they denigrating to outside peoples? Only when Magneto has the mic.

My vote: Neo Anarchic liberal society. You can be evil, just don't be a dick. Free elections would be good too. Not facist.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ehhhh. I don't see how they could be. Are they anti-foreign? Yes, to a certain degree, but only against hostile nations. Does the state glorify itself above the individual? Nah. Are they overly controlling? No, you can take a portal to any nation you want. Hell, you can have a house on the moon. There's also free health care, housing, education, and employment assistance. Are they denigrating to outside peoples? Only when Magneto has the mic.

My vote: Neo Anarchic liberal society. You can be evil, just don't be a dick. Free elections would be good too. Not facist.
    They closed krakoa after charles death and didnt let anyone out without an autorization of the Quiet Council . that seems overly controlling.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Where's the state religion? The vapid strongman posturing? The outraged cries for "traditional values?" Krakoa can never be fascist, because fascism is fueled by nostalgia. Dreams of better days and a return to forgotten glory. Krakoa ain't got time for all that boomer ****.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    They closed krakoa after charles death and didnt let anyone out without an autorization of the Quiet Council . that seems overly controlling.
    One of the leaders of their nation had been assassinated after being invaded by hostile agents. In what world would that not warrant a temporary lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    It's been a topic for months and I wish to hear your opinions. Personally I think Krakoa IS a sex cult but I don't think their facist.
    OMG, if you are going to do a poll, why didn't you have one of the answers be "No, Krakoa is a sex cult!" That's the answer I would have chosen!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Yeah, but so is the United States of America