• Yes

19 16.24%
  • No

78 66.67%
  • Maybe

20 17.09%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's strongly hinted to us multiple times that Xavier hasn't entirely given up on his dream.

Go back to the final issues of HoX/PoX, where Xavier meets Namor. Namor pontificates about Krakoa and whether it implies that Xavier and the X-Men have finally decided they are better off. He then snarks that they're starting a train he long got off on, and tells Xavier to call Namor when he means it.

And in X-Men #4, Xavier tells Davos People that there's a part of him that will never give up on the dream.

To be honest, I think what Hickman is doing is similar to New Avenger/Avengers where he tests the values of the Illuminati -- Reed, T'Challa, Tony, Strange and all their big talk about acting for the greater good, by actually bringing them to the ultimately trolley problems. And in the end, they find they can't do it, and it ends up reconstructing their old ideal selves. To save the Multiverse, they needed to be Doctor Doom, and that seat is taken. What the heroes do is save the Multiverse from Doctor Doom since they can rebuild a world for everyone.

Here the X-Men are confronted likewise, with the ultimate test to the values, and it's a question of how far they will go, and how they will submit to that test. They are taking the awesome responsibility of a true mutant nation for everyone, the good mutants, the bad mutants, the ones in-between and they're gambling big and it's about what they do when things won't work their way. But for that to happen, you need to buy into why they think this is a good idea to start with.
    Yeah, what everyone else said. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    About the Killcrops most I think Jamie was the only killcrops who was born in modern times, the other ones like tryp were ancient, they were mistaken with demons and other creatures. That was discrimination but not based in their X-gene , I mean people with porphyria were also mistaken with demons in the past.
    Beast is an example of a Killcrops....Im guessing so are mutants like NightCrawler, and Blink! etc.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    As much as I know the prejudice against X-Gene started with magneto, before him most people didn’t know that mutants existed, a few mutants could be discriminated by their appearance ( as humans have been discriminated) but the real racism and fear against them started when a terrorist proclaimed them as the superior race. I always have seen the mutants more similar to the Muslims than Lgtb. People never know if that friendly mutant next door will blow up the house as part of a supremacist attack .
    Muslims aren’t dangerous and it’s Islamophobia and fake narratives that have people buying into that racist rhetoric. And Weapon Plus and Sublime were anti-mutant long before Magneto publicly came on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Muslims aren’t dangerous and it’s Islamophobia and fake narratives that have people buying into that racist rhetoric. And Weapon Plus and Sublime were anti-mutant long before Magneto publicly came on the scene.
    i think he is refering to the public opinion, some organizations probably know about mutants way before their existence started to become known.

Is not clear where is the origin, i always attributed to back and forth actions which eventually lead to a big anti-mutant sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    i think he is refering to the public opinion, some organizations probably know about mutants way before their existence started to become known.

Is not clear where is the origin, i always attributed to back and forth actions which eventually lead to a big anti-mutant sentiment.
    Hmmmm �� I guess
    GrindrStone(D)