• No

78 66.67%
  • Maybe

20 17.09%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "How to--"

GOOGLE: "--tie a tie"

BING: "--create the Mother Mold, the Nimrods, and the Bastion units required to wipe out all of man and mutantkind"
    Huh looks like Slott’s gotten to Bing. Whelp it is 2020 now I guess. Time to quell the robot revolution before it gets too far.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    They were under attack so it's understandable they'd close down. A better example of authoritarianism in Krakoa is the Mutants must breed law. Unprotected heterosexual sex is mandatory.
    Having seen your "Citation...", I think that it is worth pointing out that nothing we have seen points to "Unprotected Heterosexual Sex Is Mandatory..." being anything except a completely unfounded assertion.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Having seen your "Citation...", I think that it is worth pointing out that nothing we have seen points to "Unprotected Heterosexual Sex Is Mandatory..." being anything except a completely unfounded assertion.
    An unfounded assertion that has never been enforced on page and directly refuted by the writer.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...athan-hickman/

"Well, obviously, ‘Make More Mutants’ is a play on ‘No More Mutants’ so any confusion about this comes from me loving the poetry of how the three laws sound when you read them together instead of them being the actual codified laws with restrictions and provisions and what not.

Saying that, even a strict reading of the law doesn’t change the fact that I showed you three (four if you were watching closely) ways that mutants can reproduce, and only one of those is in the ‘traditional’ hetro manner (that’s also leaving out pretty commonplace practices like IVF and surrogacy, which seem to me to support the spirit of the law).

Also, no, I don’t think not wanting to have kids is against the law (but I do however think that this wouldn’t be a popular sentiment in the world that we’ve built)."

BANNED

They are whatever you want to tell yourself if you're one of those people who think the X-Men should be their definition of the franchise is, and that alone.

Is Krakoa fascist? Do they feed children to Emplate? Did Xavier ever get on one of Epstein's jets? Is pineapple on pizza mandatory in Krakoa? All of these can be true, as long as the current writing for the X-Men can be dismissed as a villainous portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    They are whatever you want to tell yourself if you're one of those people who think the X-Men should be their definition of the franchise is, and that alone.

Is Krakoa fascist? Do they feed children to Emplate? Did Xavier ever get on one of Epstein's jets? Is pineapple on pizza mandatory in Krakoa? All of these can be true, as long as the current writing for the X-Men can be dismissed as a villainous portrayal.
    Well, I don't think Krakoa is something new for the franchise, it's sort of like Genosha+Utopia with a sex cult tease. As for their actions I believe they make sense with the context Hickman has given us tbh.

It's new because Krakoa is a society.

Utopia was a military bunker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It's new because Krakoa is a society.

Utopia was a military bunker.
    Exactly. And Genosha despite being a mutant nation was well...hollow it really wasn't all that prominent until the moment Cassandra Nova decided to wipe it off the map.

The fact is there's never been a mutant nation that has had such a domineering presence on the world stage and THAT'S the biggest difference here compared to those other two Xavier, Mag, and Moira went for the jugular and in one Fell Swoop managed to get Krakoa officially recognized by the UN and with the drugs they now have a sizeable economic sway around the world.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Lmao. Do we honestly NEED this exact thread every, like... week? People we have about 15 of this thread already go look them up and read through them. It's gonna be the same stuff here

BTW my vote is "No" and it would be "HELL no" if that was an option
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Looks like t**k fr**p is back.
    Oh my God.

OK that was mean but we don't need one of these threads every month.

Also no. The X-Men are being fascist and they're not being a cult.
    "Cable was right!"

OMG, I love how you associated Hawaiian Pizza with villainy and evil. Makes me feel evil because I like pineapple on Pizza!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

It’s kinda like Nashville... with a tan
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Guilty. The first superhero I ever knew of in early childhood was the guy with the S/hope symbol. Even though I've gravitated to Marvel since then, the measuring of standards to that guy never stopped for me, even if such is antithesis to Marvel's "flawed human screw-ups" thing.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

If you think Krakoa is a fascist cult, you don't know what facism is.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Guilty. The first superhero I ever knew of in early childhood was the guy with the S/hope symbol. Even though I've gravitated to Marvel since then, the measuring of standards to that guy never stopped for me, even if such is antithesis to Marvel's "flawed human screw-ups" thing.
    I tend to do some of that myself. I feel the classic Marvel presentation of heroes was 'heroes with feet of clay', which I liked a lot. In recent decades it seems too often to be 'feet of mud', and 'hero' is a label that can be applied to anyone who fights against someone or something as bad or worse than themselves. Someone who functions as a hero without actually being one...

Fascist: Definitely not, given that Krakoa's governmental and societal operations actually suggest the opposite.

As far as Krakoa being a cult: I wouldn't go that far. There is some form of group-think going on, but to hold Krakoa for that while conveniently ignoring the same phenomena that is inherent in every first world nation in western society would be nothing short of hypocritical.

Long story short, this thread is beating the proverbial dead horse.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!