• No

78 66.67%
  • Maybe

20 17.09%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Cult, yes.

Fascist, no.

Isolationist and mutant supremacist with some creepy authoritarian overtones, yes. What's missing to make it fascism is a commitment to conquest and domination. So far, Xavier isn't seeking to subjugate and rule the rest of the world.

The way I see it is this: Marvel spent several years turning the Inhumans into the X-Men. Now, they've turned the X-Men into the Inhumans. Krakoa is similar to what Attilan used to be. There are parallels between Xavier's role and Black Bolt's historical role. Apocalypse, Sinister, etc. similarly parallel Maximus's historical role, and so on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Cult, yes.

Fascist, no.

Isolationist and mutant supremacist with some creepy authoritarian overtones, yes. What's missing to make it fascism is a commitment to conquest and domination. So far, Xavier isn't seeking to subjugate and rule the rest of the world.

The way I see it is this: Marvel spent several years turning the Inhumans into the X-Men. Now, they've turned the X-Men into the Inhumans. Krakoa is similar to what Attilan used to be. There are parallels between Xavier's role and Black Bolt's historical role. Apocalypse, Sinister, etc. similarly parallel Maximus's historical role, and so on.

Ew.

You're right, no bones about it, but still; Ew. Lame.

Black Bolt never intended to expand his influence on humans or change the world. If circumstances did not force him, he was perfectly fine letting everything remain as it always had been.

Instead, the mutants are an active force of change in the world. They are healing diseases, they are repairing polar caps, they are expanding throughout the universe.

Cult, yes.

Fascist, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Black Bolt never intended to expand his influence on humans or change the world. If circumstances did not force him, he was perfectly fine letting everything remain as it always had been.

Instead, the mutants are an active force of change in the world. They are healing diseases, they are repairing polar caps, they are expanding throughout the universe.
    Active force of change? Expanding?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Active force of change? Expanding?
    To fix the polar caps is to change the world and expand their influence. Do you think that is fascist?

Black Bolt when the world became so polluted that they could not live in the Himalayas moved to the Moon. Mutants are changing the world for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    To fix the polar caps is to change the world and expand their influence. Do you think that is fascist?

Black Bolt when the world became so polluted that they could not live in the Himalayas moved to the Moon. Mutants are changing the world for the better.
    At the beginning, it's innocuous…
    Well, I'm sure the fascists considered themselves as do-gooders…
    All right, the mutants did good. (the polar caps) They are also on this planet anyway…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ew.

You're right, no bones about it, but still; Ew. Lame.
    Where are the slaves on Krakoa? The caste system? Isolation? Terrigenous?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    At the beginning, it's innocuous…
    Well, I'm sure the fascists considered themselves as do-gooders…
    All right, the mutants did good. (the polar caps) They are also on this planet anyway…
    Damn mutants could cure disease and end world hunger and people still would look at them crazy smdh
    GrindrStone(D)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The only Ist I see (in XM 04) is Capitalist.
    Carry on...
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I see Krakoa operating with the outside world as harshly capitalistic, but they don’t seem to run their own society that way. There’s no personal property or commodities to be exploited for profit on the living island. Also sorry to respond to your joke post in such a way, just thoughts I needed let out.

Cult, yes.

Fascist, no.

But, X-Men #4 essentially laid out that yes, their plan is to economically take over the world and change all policies to reflect their aims(not only through the Hellfire Trading Company, but all those other shell companies as well). So, while we may be rooting for them, they are essentially a fascist cult, especially given one of the key qualities of fascism that modern people seem to forget is the idea of the state controlling all the corporations. The fact that the Krakoan medicines are the nation-state of Krakoa's whole deal, and all Krakoans are essentially working for the Hellfire Trading Company to produce, process, ship, and protect this commodity, makes them 100% a fascist cult controlled secretly by the triumvirate of Xavier-Magneto-Moira, and ostensibly by the QC twelve.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-03-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Where are the slaves on Krakoa? The caste system? Isolation? Terrigenous?

Damn mutants could cure disease and end world hunger and people still would look at them crazy smdh

That's the AvsX plot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Yes and I’m here for it.
    We all getting buzzcuts and still looking secsay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    We all getting buzzcuts and still looking secsay.
    Christian Frost is already doing it.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It’s kinda like Nashville... with a tan
    everything's gonna be alright

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I see Krakoa operating with the outside world as harshly capitalistic, but they don’t seem to run their own society that way. There’s no personal property or commodities to be exploited for profit on the living island. Also sorry to respond to your joke post in such a way, just thoughts I needed let out.

No need to apologise...you were able to comprehend and clarify where I was coming from.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!