Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Whoop, there it is:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr.../excalibur-11/

No Romy in the preview though.
    At least Jubilee is in the spotlight (she's so underused)

But this is only a two page preview, Rogue and Gambit will surely show up in the issue

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    At least Jubilee is in the spotlight (she's so underused)

But this is only a two page preview, Rogue and Gambit will surely show up in the issue
    Yep, this is a promising intro for Jubilee and I'm here for it in that respect. She definitely deserves her due.

From the perspective of a Gambit and Rogue fan, I just wanted the rest of the readers in the thread to know they aren't in the preview so as not to get their hopes up looking for them.

I'm sure they will appear in the issue. That hasn't been a problem per se. They have always been technically present in every issue. Whether they contribute anything that actually matters for either the central plot or their own personal character motivations and development remains to be seen. We're on issue #11 and I still don't know why either of them is on this team beyond happenstance. Nor do I know what either of their "mutant magic" contributions is meant to be. So my enthusiasm for continuing to read this series is tempered at best to say the least. Yet here I still am, because I can't find them in any other book and they're the characters I love.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

That cover for Excalibur #14 doesn't exactly give me a lot of hope that we'll see either Rogue or Gambit do much during X of Swords. Might just skip the event altogether and wait for a trade if it ends up being good
    Make Good Art

Hickman and Howard have 0 plans for Gambit and Rogue. I am not surprised. Save your money who are still supporting or buying Excalibur.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-15-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I hope now with Candra on Krakoa, it will eventually lead to something with Gambit.

Since she’s one of his archenemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I hope now with Candra on Krakoa, it will eventually lead to something with Gambit.

Since she’s one of his archenemies.
    I hope so too. Since she appears to be de-aged still, it would be nice to even have a reference to their last run in in MMX 12
    Make Good Art

Give Rogue to the Avungers again.

A Krakoan sancioned "Uncanny Avengers"or "Unity Squad" will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That cover for Excalibur #14 doesn't exactly give me a lot of hope that we'll see either Rogue or Gambit do much during X of Swords. Might just skip the event altogether and wait for a trade if it ends up being good
    Me = Checks at all the promo art for X of Swords ... looks at every cover for X of Swords ... even the issues of the book they are *supposed* to be starring in ... What. The. $#*@

Yet another event without them. But they can't be poorly written or wall paper if they're not included at all, so there's that.

My friend suggests that after Vargas they have a huge sword aversion and apparently noped out of the event to go drink on the beach somewhere.

What's the over/under on actually getting a reason in world for their absence though? Because me thinks no.

Seriously though ... wake me when it's over, will you? Like ... December I guess?! Arrrgghhhh ....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Give Rogue to the Avungers again.

A Krakoan sancioned "Uncanny Avengers"or "Unity Squad" will be interesting.
    I'd read it, depending on the writer.

Me = Checks at all the promo art for X of Swords ... looks at every cover for X of Swords ... even the issues of the book they are *supposed* to be starring in ... What. The. $#*@

Yet another event without them. But they can't be poorly written or wall paper if they're not included at all, so there's that.

My friend suggests that after Vargas they have a huge sword aversion and apparently noped out of the event to go drink on the beach somewhere.

What's the over/under on actually getting a reason in world for their absence though? Because me thinks no.

Seriously though ... wake me when it's over, will you? Like ... December I guess?! Arrrgghhhh ....
    HA! That's really funny. This is my new head-canon.
    Make Good Art

Anyone still sticking out Excalibur here and read today's issue?

I will come back later with spoilers and details discussion, but non-spoilers for now - this issue seemed improved.

Still no wow factor and plenty of major nits to pick, but there was at least a Rogue and Gambit moment that made me smile. Notable improvements on dialogue and characterization. A few intriguing elements in the plot. Maybe someone did their homework during the break?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Anyone still sticking out Excalibur here and read today's issue?

I will come back later with spoilers and details discussion, but non-spoilers for now - this issue seemed improved.

Still no wow factor and plenty of major nits to pick, but there was at least a Rogue and Gambit moment that made me smile. Notable improvements on dialogue and characterization. A few intriguing elements in the plot. Maybe someone did their homework during the break?
    Well, 11 issues in or so, it is about time. They deserve a better series tbh.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Excalibur 11 is not good. Just not as bad as all previous issues.

Without spoiling, there were parts I quite liked, especially the inclusion of a certain antagonist. Both Rogue and Gambit get a few pages of story in the latter half as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Excalibur 11 is not good. Just not as bad as all previous issues.
    Thanks, I trust your judgement. I'll keep saving my money.

Amazing Member

I'm sorry but I didn't like it at all.

Rogue to Betsy:"You stay, I'm stayin' too. And so is Remy!" He doesn't have his own voice.

And the last two pages are like Rogue telling Gambit not to get mad and here are some toys so you don't get bored, have fun.

Rogue is Gambit's wife, not his mother, but Tini Howard writes Gambit like he's a spoiled child.