Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1563
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    10 characters
    Haha ok that brightened my morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Don't you guys agree with me, that currently Mr. & Mrs. X are only playing a role of supporting cast members of the Excalibur series? Same applies for Rictor and Jubilee. Feels like just anyone could have been playing these roles. The story so far evolves around Betsy and Apocalypse mostly and focusses on Jamie and Saturnyne a bit.

But the other 4 barely play a role of any meaning and imo they deserve so much more than that.
    Oh they're definitely supporting cast at best. They could easily be replaced with other characters and the story would basically be the same. I would be okay with it if the story itself was at least good, but I haven't been able to get into it. And this is coming from someone who looooooves Fantasy
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I agree. After reading the most recent issue, on top of the "hey wait what??" moment of Gambit siphoning(??) the missile explosion (No, but really, huh??) all of the dialogue felt entirely interchangeable. And not between the cast, but, like, aaaaaanyone could have been there to offer the lines. They weren't unique to the characters. They didn't enrich the narrative or further explore their unique perspective. It all felt like filler. Even the singular character-specific exchange between Betsy and Rogue, asking if the latter could use Jamie's powers was nonsense. The saving grace of that exchange (because for real, Betsy, wtf were you thinking??) is that Rogue DECLINED.

Good. For. Her.
    Marcus To is so lovely and talented and I very much enjoy the beautiful pages in Excalibur but...... yup. The overall discontent with each subsequent issue is disheartening. And I'm ART guy. I literally look to the art FIRST. Like its often what drives me to purchase. And that's all I'm getting with this title sadly.
    You said it perfectly, Fokken. All of it!

As a reader that was drawn to this book specifically for Rogue & Gambit first, Jubilee & Rictor second, Betsy third and basically doesn't care much about Apocalypse or OG Excalibur, this has been a slog to get through. All the characters I care about most feel like wallpaper much of the time and when they DO something it's just ... off.

Gambit and Rogue have had no individual plot or drive beyond the first arc and the first arc was merely Rogue getting sidelined in a flower casket for "reasons" and Gambit being pissy and kind of reckless while trying to get her out. Then they decided on no kids out of nowhere ... so that was a pointless tease I didn't appreciate. And now Rogue is just more than happy to blindly follow orders, which is totally OOC for her, while Gambit keeps voicing his dissent and being ignored and just going along with it. I kind of hate it all tbh. It's not fun to read. Ok wait ... I thought the campfire part was cute ... except the part where Remy was uncertain he could start the fire, because he can. And the hot tub scene was very sexy even if the dialogue left me severely annoyed.

The art is the only thing keeping me hanging on. Marcus has given us all kinds of absolutley gorgeous scenes. I'm enjoying his take on Rogue and Gambit so much. But art can only get a person so far when they have no investment in the plot.

Check this out at Amazon.com
    Rogue: Untouched: A Marvel Heroines Novel https://www.amazon.com/dp/1839080426..._FaP9Eb5M9VK29

In case you didn't see this already.

Description:

Alisa Kwitney
    Simon and Schuster, Dec 1, 2020 - Fiction - 352 pages
    0 Reviews
    Mutant powers are a curse for Rogue, but two strangers will change her life forever, in this explosive superhero novel, the first title in the Marvel Heroines series

Rogue’s life sucks: she lives alone in an abandoned cabin, works a terrible diner job and hides from everyone. When your first kiss almost kills a guy, it’s hard to trust anyone – even yourself. Then two people arrive in town who could change her life, and she finally gets a choice: follow a mysterious billionaire who says she’s scouting for gifted interns, or the handsome card shark with eerie red eyes. Except they’re not the only ones watching her… Rogue will have to trust in herself and accept the powers she’s suppressed, to decide her own fate – before someone else does.

Sounds like Gambit will appear!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Check this out at Amazon.com
    Rogue: Untouched: A Marvel Heroines Novel https://www.amazon.com/dp/1839080426..._FaP9Eb5M9VK29

In case you didn't see this already.
    That's so awesome! Thank you for sharing! I just pre-ordered
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's so awesome! Thank you for sharing! I just pre-ordered
    Yeah, might have to give it a go. I'm a little mixed. Sounds like a fairly YA plot ... and I swear I've heard a similar tale in fan fic before. And yet ... I'm admittedly a sucker for both sometimes.

Astonishing Member

Well, that was unexpected... interesting.

Yeah, might have to give it a go. I'm a little mixed. Sounds like a fairly YA plot ... and I swear I've heard a similar tale in fan fic before. And yet ... I'm admittedly a sucker for both sometimes.
    Looking at the author's other work, it looks like it will be YA, but she did Mystik U which I enjoyed, so I'm gonna give it a shot
    Make Good Art

Posting this here too since it includes our favorite Southern Belle in addition to starring the Ragin' Cajun. Nick Bateman Gambit fan movie!

https://youtu.be/NegUHlzn_qs

I mean yes, it's no MCU though it might give some of the Fox movies a run. The plot's a bit contrived. But really impressed with some of the special effects and especially action. Not bad on the accents and dialogue. Seems like a better Gambit or Rogue than we've seen on the big screen for sure. Pet peeve for me in the MCU will be having the black and red eyes all the time, not just when he's using his powers. Also, a very believable Assasin punk and a subtle Majik cameo as a villain.

Basically just pretty fun. Also loved the height differential between Gambit and Rogue.

Don't know what's worse between no comics with Rogue and Gambit versus frustrating comics with Rogue and Gambit? I guess at least frustrating is slightly better than just nothing? Because there's at least something to talk about.

Anyway, it's gonna a long while before we know we'll see them for sure. Maybe the outside chance at a background cameo in what's out this week, though I won't hold my breath.

In the meantime, amusing myself with finding good Gambit and Rogue covers to post. Come join the fun!

7832cfd79e1dfa09ef323e6f87726b31.jpg

Love these Age of X costumes. Wouldn't mind a call back some day!

Don't know what's worse between no comics with Rogue and Gambit versus frustrating comics with Rogue and Gambit? I guess at least frustrating is slightly better than just nothing? Because there's at least something to talk about.

Anyway, it's gonna a long while before we know we'll see them for sure. Maybe the outside chance at a background cameo in what's out this week, though I won't hold my breath.

In the meantime, amusing myself with finding good Gambit and Rogue covers to post. Come join the fun!

Id rather no comics than frustrating ones. SOmetimes less is more bc bad comics can do damage to characters

Yeah, I'm always scared when I haven't seen a character in a while. When they show up again, there can be weird explanations for where they've been or what they've been up to.

Yes, please post some covers! I love finding that type of stuff too when I'm bored at work haha

44e6b7cd6b0ad8f35b0d0db60c7f263e60796e41r5-703-935_00.jpg

This is a piece I found recently that I thought was cool. Haven't been able to figure out who the artist is, though
    Make Good Art

Nothing is better for me then frustrating. Always prefered limbo then bad writing.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Anyway, it's gonna a long while before we know we'll see them for sure. Maybe the outside chance at a background cameo in what's out this week, though I won't hold my breath
    Aren’t we getting a Rogue adventure this Wednesday which was originally supposed to be part of free comic book day?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Aren’t we getting a Rogue adventure this Wednesday which was originally supposed to be part of free comic book day?
    Oh right! I had to go back and look up the date. July 15th, so next week. Presumably no preview since it's a freebie?

Rogue is at least on the cover.