Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

FYI to anyone who's interested: You can pre-order the Walgreen's Exclusive Gambit Funko but I also hear it will be popping up in stores soon. Still no word on when the Hot Topic Rogue will be available though
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

I’ll take the preorder. I was just at the store and now want to avoid all stores for a long time...

If anyone wants a digital copy of Mr. & Mrs. X or Rogue and Gambit, a whole bunch of Kelly's work is on sale for 67% off on Comixology. I actually snagged her Kate Bishop Hawkeye series.

How's everyone doing? We're only on day two of hunkering in, but so far it's almost been a welcome break from my usual hustle and bustle.

Also, anyone following BatCat teases from Tom King on Twitter? Romy may have gotten the better wedding, but boy am I envious of the storyline they're gonna be getting.

But anyway ... yeahhhhh ... Excalibur ... blahhh ...

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Gambit made #6 for mutants who became gods: https://youtu.be/FQ8PAunfGGk

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    How's everyone doing? We're only on day two of hunkering in, but so far it's almost been a welcome break from my usual hustle and bustle.
    I work in healthcare... it’s been a lot. Who knew cutting the budget to the CDC’s pandemic department would be a bad thing?

Also, anyone following BatCat teases from Tom King on Twitter? Romy may have gotten the better wedding, but boy am I envious of the storyline they're gonna be getting.
    I’m so interested! I’ve stayed out of most of the DC Universe (unless Vertigo counts) but Marvel is starting to really clunk for me. Outside of X-Men & Runaways, I have nothing else I’m currently reading so being on the DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    FYI to anyone who's interested: You can pre-order the Walgreen's Exclusive Gambit Funko but I also hear it will be popping up in stores soon. Still no word on when the Hot Topic Rogue will be available though
    I grabbed one on Friday when they opened the store. Had to actually line up to grab it and got the second last one.

Also got the Zatanna. For some reason the shop didn't have Toad, so I'll probably pre-order or just wait-and-see. The regular Rogue and Gambit ones are coming out this month. They're not exclusives, so they'll be a lot easier to get. But I have them pre-ordered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I grabbed one on Friday when they opened the store. Had to actually line up to grab it and got the second last one.

Also got the Zatanna. For some reason the shop didn't have Toad, so I'll probably pre-order or just wait-and-see. The regular Rogue and Gambit ones are coming out this month. They're not exclusives, so they'll be a lot easier to get. But I have them pre-ordered anyway.
    Oh cool! I didn't even realize there was a Zatanna. That's my SO's favorite superhero. Might have to stop by and see if I can get both as a surprise
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    If anyone wants a digital copy of Mr. & Mrs. X or Rogue and Gambit, a whole bunch of Kelly's work is on sale for 67% off on Comixology. I actually snagged her Kate Bishop Hawkeye series.

But anyway ... yeahhhhh ... Excalibur ... blahhh ...
    Tom King's run on Batman was, to me, some of the best comics I've ever read (even without the wedding, the result was just as good and the art was incredible). The teasers so far are for the Catwoman 80th(!) anniversary issue and then there's the 12 issue Bat/Cat series (not to mention what's going on in the main title under Tynion)...it's a good time to be a Bat/Cat fan. It makes me nostalgic for the days of the R&G / MMX series...sadly, I don't think we'll get anything like that again anytime soon...and I just can't get behind this new vision for the X-men (other than maybe bringing Irene back). Sometimes it's good to have other comics to fall back on when things go sideways.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-15-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh cool! I didn't even realize there was a Zatanna. That's my SO's favorite superhero. Might have to stop by and see if I can get both as a surprise
    You should get her, it's a really nice pop and the box looks great too in purple, it's actually one of the best I own. Gambit looks great too, but I'm mainly looking forward to the glow-in-dark with cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    You should get her, it's a really nice pop and the box looks great too in purple, it's actually one of the best I own. Gambit looks great too, but I'm mainly looking forward to the glow-in-dark with cards.
    Same. May can't come soon enough
    Make Good Art

If you guys don't mind spoilers, Rogue and Gambit spoilers:
    get a cameo in the next X-Force
    end of spoilers
    https://i.redd.it/dj22s7g334n41.png

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He’s got his hand on the back of her neck & she’s got her legs draped over his thigh. Perfection. Kinda hope we get one more panel because Nightcrawler is coming in hot with a bottle of hard liquor for shots with his sister & brother in law.
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    Wow! Aweosme! Thank you!

end of spoilers
    Love it! I seriously would love a 60 page story JUST about all the conversations and activities going on in that bar. Thanks for sharing!

So, non-spoiler review for Excalibur today: Better! I didn't hate it, at least I wasn't nearly as annoyed. Remy isn't made into a fool and gets to do something creative with his powers. I call that progress! Rogue has warmed up considerably and has lots of dialogue, some of which is rather curious. To is back on art, which helps a lot. We get the hair brushing scene which is cute. Jubilee sees some impressive action. The dialogue is still clunky to me at times, but better. Still not particularly invested in this plot and I have some more thoughts to discuss on that. But later! Glad to have switched over to digital format in light of circumstances. This one got 3 stars. Sorry to say though, if this was still MMX level caliber to me, I would gladly have driven to my LCS to support their business and buy the floppy. So I'm not quite there yet.

Nah, Excalibur is lame again. Liu`s Gambit from that Frozen AXM arc would be digusted by that Excalibur Gambit.

If Tini wants to write so much about Braddocks and other stuff that are not her team then she must put that Braddocks and others on cover instead of her real team to try sell books.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-18-2020 at 08:49 AM.

I read it from a friend's digital copy (I'm not spending another dime on this mess) and to me it's just as bad as the rest of the run.
    Tini still has no idea how to write Gambit or more likely she simply doesn't have the ability to do so, but her Gambit is just a whiny bitch. Aside from her love for Rogue every other aspect of the character is almost unrecognizable.
    Someone please send him to another book, heck I'll even take limbo over how Howard is treating him.
    Rogue has some more dialogue, but most of it is just there because the book requires the Braddock-Apocalypse plot to move forward, she's just another glorified extra.
    If they are stuck in this book then I'll be crossing my fingers hoping it gets cancelled ASAP, but with 40k at sales numbers, this mess will carry on for at least another year, ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Nah, Excalibur is lame again. Liu`s Gambit from that Frozen AXM arc would be digusted by that Excalibur Gambit.

If Tini wants to write so much about Braddocks and other stuff that are not her team then she must put that Braddocks and others on cover instead of her real team to try sell books.
    I agree, this is the Apocalypse & Braddock show and everyone else just tag along for the ride.