Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1563
    Astonishing Member

Well alright then, just a funny font at an angle, lol. It’s too early in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Oooooohhhh, ok gotcha. Sorry, I don't have Instagram. Apparently I should! LOL

Well dang. Grasping at straws these days for anything. I don't think it's too bad. But dissapointing it's not anything upcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oooooohhhh, ok gotcha. Sorry, I don't have Instagram. Apparently I should! LOL

Well dang. Grasping at straws these days for anything. I don't think it's too bad. But dissapointing it's not anything upcoming.
    I think Gambit pic is upcoming variant for smth. Probably a variant for Excalibur. 40k pic was combined from a different variants covers.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 102334
    Now what do we suppose this cover tease from Mike Mayhew could be?!

What has title has a "K" in it?! Something Black?
    Whatever it is from I love it! I agree it is probably just a meaningless variant cover or something, but at least it will be a fantastic looking meaningless cover. I think Gambit looks great here and I always enjoy seeing the classic costume.

EXCALIBUR #18
    THE WOMAN ON THE SHORE!

As the Council makes moves to protect mutants in the Otherworld, Excalibur must determine the fate of Betsy Braddock.

So I guess this is still going then. And no CotA solicit. Ehhhh...

Everery Excalibur solicits is just Braddock, Braddock, Braddock.
    Remy never was mentioned in it after issue 1. Rogue maybe for solicits for issue #5 only.

Let Braddock fans read it. And Apocalypse of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Everery Excalibur solicits is just Braddock, Braddock, Braddock.
    Remy never was mentioned in it after issue 1. Rogue maybe for solicits for issue #5 only.

Let Braddock fans read it. And Apocalypse of course.
    image_from_ios.jpg

Well Gambit and Rogue appear to be on this cover, even front and center this time ...maybe they'll get some attention for an issue ... and maybe it won't be completely cringey ... probably will, but guess we'll see. Are we starting a fetch quest to assemble Betsy's scattered pieces from around Otherworld? Is Apocalypse hopefully finally gone from this book? How many more issues can this book go on? Man, at least Kwannon went from the wreck that was Fallen Angels to the genius that is Hellions. And Laura is finally getting out of the Vault. Can't believe Gambit and Jubilee and Logan aren't more concerned about that situation. But on Krakoa nothing makes sense and continuity is sketch at best.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 11-19-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

At this point, I think the most I can reasonably hope for is a cool fight scene here or there. I'm not expecting any great character development for either of them in this book.

I definitely agree about Kwannon. She really upgraded books. It's too bad Gambit couldn't at least be in that. I really want to see him interact with the new Sinister
    Make Good Art

December 16 still seems too far away
    We need Gambit written by an author who cares about him, even if it's only for a one-shot

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    December 16 still seems too far away
    We need Gambit written by an author who cares about him, even if it's only for a one-shot
    Excalibur's sales for September looked solid and it's still being heaped with praise by most of X-Twitter. I really don't see why, but to each their own I guess. So it doesn't seem this book is going anywhere soon.

Which I wouldn't even care a bit about Excalibur's success or lack thereof if Gambit and Rogue weren't trapped here and could just get moved to another book or even have an appearance somewhere else. I'm not even buying X-books anymore, as Excalibur has left me so uninterested in the current plots. It seems like the same 9 or 10 favorite characters are getting multiple appearances and key roles across several books, while Gambit and Rogue are playing second fiddle to Betsy and Apocalypse in Excalibur.

They could easily leave this book and never be missed. They hardly contribute anything. Even though Gambit has some obvious ties to the supernatural through the Thieves Guild and other stories from his solo series, none of that is used or referenced a bit. Even though he's considered one of the top characters for hand-to-hand combat, Tini has him clumsy, tripping over himself and whining while all the action sequences mostly take place off panel anyway. Clearly she has no interest in writing him properly. He's just a foil to prop the other characters up. And though Rogue has led her own X-teams and her own Avengers team and has no trouble thinking for herself and going against orders, she's somehow happy to follow Betsy around (who has been a terrible leader so far) and do all of Apocalypse's highly questionable bidding. Even the Council was all, you did what? Wth? Rogue isn't a killer and she isn't an idiot, but in Excalibur she seems to just be swept along in this mess.

Can anyone tell me why Gambit and Rogue are on this team? What is their motivation, as characters, to be here? It's not doing anything for them. It's not funny, it hasn't built on their continuity, we don't get to see them contributing anything significant or even just being amazing as the team muscle ... what about this book is fun or interesting for fans of these two characters? We've gotten a few cute or sexy scenes, but far.and in between them being kind of awful. I just don't get it. Like probably 90%+ of the Gambit and Rogue fans I know dislike this book and have completely dropped it. It's basically killed this thread which used to be full of enthusiasm and excitement. All we have is the beautiful Marcus To art.

I'm so over this book and trying to be patient with it. What is my incentive for picking up the issue after XoS? That MAYBE we'll get an issue without Apocalypse and Betsy sucking all the air out of the room? That maybe Tini will bother to read up on her other characters and write them with any little bit of accuracy or enthusiasm?

I haven't bought a single Marvel comic since March. The closure of nonessential business by our Gov Gretchen " Granny Goodness" Whitmer, the temporary stop of publishing of Marvel books, and the multi-issue crossover stories in the X-Books and the Avenger books basically keep me away. (I don't even know what the Yankee Witch is up to.) I'm thinking about starting up again after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I haven't bought a single Marvel comic since March. The closure of nonessential business by our Gov Gretchen " Granny Goodness" Whitmer, the temporary stop of publishing of Marvel books, and the multi-issue crossover stories in the X-Books and the Avenger books basically keep me away. (I don't even know what the Yankee Witch is up to.) I'm thinking about starting up again after the first of the year.
    Wanda's treatment is worse than Rogue's right now

Look I was preferring digital comics BEFORE the pandemic, so that's got nothing to do with it for me. And it's really pretty easy for shops to take orders and do low or no contact pick-ups. I have time I'd actually love to fill with reading current X-comics to distract me from the pandemic hellscape with some needed escapism. Instead I'm following a few other Marvel books from KT and doing a LOT of re-reading of old X-Men and fanfic reading and general novel reading instead. I'm also eyeing that new BatCat.

But I would love to love X-Men again. They've lost a whole section of their audience which would be easy to get back. Give me a good Gambit and Rogue. Hell, pair them on a team with Laura and Mystique! I'm ready for the burn it all down plot already! (Which is probably realistically years away.) But in the meantime, just not terribly written Romy would suffice. It's actually not hard. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Me too, I haven't bought a single Marvel comic since before the pandemic. From what I've read I did not miss anything, lol.
    As long as Howard is still in charge of Rogue and Gambit, I have no desire of spending my money in her awful work.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Wanda's treatment is worse than Rogue's right now
    Yankee Witch has nothing to do with Wanda. It's my pet name for "dear" Carol. I took it from UXM#244. This is what Rogue called Carol when Carol took over Rogue's body and redecorated Rogue's living area without informing Rogue first.