Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1563

I don't care for Meggan. Noone except Apoc and Betsy had real focus. Not interested to see more team members.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Is it a good thing that Betsy and Apocalypse are no where to found in the Excalibur cover? Those are both the characters that have had the most story focus.

On the other hand, Tini still has not written a good Rogue and Gambit.
    Probably because issues 13-15 will be only about Apoc and Betsy.

Cover for #16

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Probably because issues 13-15 will be only about Apoc and Betsy.
    Is that confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Is that confirmed?
    No. Just my assumption.

Mighty Member

Cover for #16
    You know what I'm curious about. Does it seem like Gambit is stalking the group in that shot rather than traveling with them?

No. Just my assumption.
    Probably a fair one. I'm personally a little bit wondering how the different writers are going to interact, i wonder how close they are going to work on this together. Or if it'll be the same as the regular books

Astonishing Member

On a slightly more fun subject, here, if I linked this right, is a cool (though painfully looking) gambit and rogue tattoo from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...almost_healed/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    On a slightly more fun subject, here, if I linked this right, is a cool (though painfully looking) gambit and rogue tattoo from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...almost_healed/
    Sick art. Idk how people can get tats of fictional characters but the artwork is amazing on that. And I can’t tell where that tat is. A leg? Lol

IMG_20200925_180829.jpg

#13 variant ...

Well, they're actually front and center. So does this mean they'll be IN their own book for this event? Like, AT ALL? *shrugs*

Not super crazy for the Captain Britain doppelganger look myself, but I guess it's a bone we might be thrown at this point.

Anyone else cheer just a little when Apocalypse got stabbed? Just me?

Maybe he can finally leave the book ... so, ya know ... the TEAM gets some focus and direction and purpose? Maybe even their brains back? Ugh.

It is not Apoc's fault. Nothing will change if he leaves. Just writer and editors.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    IMG_20200925_180829.jpg

#13 variant ...

Well, they're actually front and center. So does this mean they'll be IN their own book for this event? Like, AT ALL? *shrugs*

Not super crazy for the Captain Britain doppelganger look myself, but I guess it's a bone we might be thrown at this point.

Maybe he can finally leave the book ... so, ya know ... the TEAM gets some focus and direction and purpose? Maybe even their brains back? Ugh.
    I definitely did! That and when Angel called him out for being so self-righteous. Also, did every one see the new Gambit and Rogue figures? There a must have for me at least

Thanks, Peanutsinspace for the original share
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    IMG_20200925_180829.jpg

#13 variant ...

Gonna be honest totally forgot Jubilee was on the team

Also in terms of cheering. I was too busy absorbing all the lore in those 60+ Pages of worldbuilding. Can’t even tell if it was good or bad writing I just needed to soak it all in

Astonishing Member

Yeah, jubilee seems to be there for the shogo is a dragon thing. I’m still not really sure what that’s about...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Sick art. Idk how people can get tats of fictional characters but the artwork is amazing on that. And I can’t tell where that tat is. A leg? Lol
    I think it was on the side/ribs, that’s why it looks so painfully!

Hey everyone!

I see some serious discussions about Gambit and Rogue! Well... I'm part of a massive, fan collab Marvel anime project, created for fans to brainstorm on stories and plots ideas we always wanted to see in canon, and hobbyist artists would bring them to life as animation (mainly) and fan comics.

This project has received quite a bit of support from specific Marvel fans; one of the main things suggested was to show more love for Gambit's character development, AND many X-Fans have asked to make Gambit and Rogue the central couple. Now our chief writer, who's a major Gambit and Rogue fan, has definitely helped create some AWESOME character development for both characters. Gambit and Rogue's relationship aamof, plays a major and key role in the "Phoenix Triology" Saga.

This is our main (preliminary) thread for brainstorming ideas: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ink-tank/page8

However I'd like to ask Gambit/Rogue fans, what would YOU all want to see in their developing relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Hey everyone!

I see some serious discussions about Gambit and Rogue! Well... I'm part of a massive, fan collab Marvel anime project, created for fans to brainstorm on stories and plots ideas we always wanted to see in canon, and hobbyist artists would bring them to life as animation (mainly) and fan comics.

This project has received quite a bit of support from specific Marvel fans; one of the main things suggested was to show more love for Gambit's character development, AND many X-Fans have asked to make Gambit and Rogue the central couple. Now our chief writer, who's a major Gambit and Rogue fan, has definitely helped create some AWESOME character development for both characters. Gambit and Rogue's relationship aamof, plays a major and key role in the "Phoenix Triology" Saga.

This is our main (preliminary) thread for brainstorming ideas: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ink-tank/page8

However I'd like to ask Gambit/Rogue fans, what would YOU all want to see in their developing relationship?
    Yay! Glad you came over.

Some things I think comics missed out on early on in their relationship was showing WHY they were drawn to each other outside of just physical attraction. (Not that that is insignificant.) I've actually seen this tackled better in fan fiction and even in X-Men Evolution. Both of them were rejected by their biological families for being mutants and adopted into families that, however loving, wanted to utilize them for their powers. So they both struggle with the notion that love is contractual and have trust issues. Also they are both from the South and lower socioeconomic backgrounds. Rogue was a runaway. Gambit grew up on the street. The major difference being age at independence and rural versus urban settings. They both long for belonging and family. So I'd like to see this in building up their relationship.

Part of what makes them enjoyable as a couple is their push and pull. They challenge each other. They banter, they tease. Gambit challenges Rogue to take risks and buck the status quo, particularly with respect to her powers. Rogue challenges Gambit to think more globally, to be more heroic and selfless. They should always have a little salt to their sweet.

As for physical attraction, these two have so much electricity and that needs to come through. They are both temptations to each other. For Gambit, Rogue is a huge challenge, a girl that won't be easily charmed and won over. For Rogue, Gambit is a delectable and all too willing victim, a man who could have anyone else but wants her. I think what critics miss out on is that Rogue WANTS to be touched. She desires the physical interactions that other people have. I understand all too well that many women personally experience too much unwanted attention from men and so to them Gambit's advances toward Rogue may feel predatory because that's their experience. They probably don't know how it feels to be totally ignored though. And Rogue isn't vulnerable like a typical woman. She's invulnerable, basically untouchable. I see a woman who is extremely lonely, who pushes people away out of fear for their own safety, and hence who people then avoid trying to get close to. But she's not happy like this. Nobody is brave enough to get in her space and call this out and push her to challenge herself. Rogue is very black and white about touch, leaving no room for gray space. But we see her express attraction to fellow teammates (Colossus, Longshot) on panel and openly flirt with Gambit in their first interaction on panel. It's when he responds and flirts right back that she balks. She wasn't expecting him to not fear her and he wasn't expecting her to be so fearful.

There are also key moments early on when Rogue calls Gambit out on not taking their interactions seriously. He is playful, noncommittal, and to him everything is a game. Because of the potential consequences, Rogue takes it all extremely seriously. But when she challenges him on this, though he is at first taken aback, he responds by stepping up to her challenge and shows he is serious about her. This is the blanket on the roof scene and fairly pivotal - Uncanny X-Men #297. Another is in X-Men #24. He wants to kiss her and states he's willing to take the risk, even knowing the potential consequences. She wants to kiss him too, but is too scared of hurting him. He backs off and respects her wishes. This demonstrates Gambit is a character that does understand consent and isn't trying to take anything she isn't willing to give. It also shows that Rogue does have physical desires, just that fear keeps her from acting on them. I would definitely keep those two issues in mind.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 09-27-2020 at 09:09 AM.