Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1563
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh wow! Mark Brooks killing it, per usual
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Kelly Thompson where are you?
    Kelly announced that Rogue will be in Deadpool's sixth issue
    I quite liked how she portrayed their relationship in Mr & Mrs X so I'm hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Kelly announced that Rogue will be in Deadpool's sixth issue
    I quite liked how she portrayed their relationship in Mr & Mrs X so I'm hopeful
    Yep! I'll be picking that one up. Been following her Deadpool run. DP dropping in on Krakoa should be a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Interesting pick to have Rogue represent the X-women. Instead of 3 Avengers though, I'd have put Sue in for the FF

X-Factor #1 was so solid. Clear reasons for the team to exist and for each team member to be there and a clear agenda for the book. Dialogue and plot that was easy to follow. Significant and positive contributions from every team member in a pretty large cast.

I. AM. JEALOUS.

We are 10 issues into Excalibur and I still don't understand why Rogue or Gambit are part of this team. Happenstance? The machinations of Apocalypse? No idea. Or why the Quiet Council is allowing big A to colonize other realms by force? No idea. Or what mutant magic is or what is magical about Rogue or Gambit? No idea. Each issue presents more questions and no answers. And their contributions to the team seem rather minuscule and nonspecific, especially for Gambit. 10 issues is a hell of a long time to wait for a pay off, especially when the journey hasn't been that gratifying.

I'm ready for the point now. Is there a point? (Please let there be a point)

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    X-Factor #1 was so solid. Clear reasons for the team to exist and for each team member to be there and a clear agenda for the book. Dialogue and plot that was easy to follow. Significant and positive contributions from every team member in a pretty large cast.

I. AM. JEALOUS.

We are 10 issues into Excalibur and I still don't understand why Rogue or Gambit are part of this team. Happenstance? The machinations of Apocalypse? No idea. Or why the Quiet Council is allowing big A to colonize other realms by force? No idea. Or what mutant magic is or what is magical about Rogue or Gambit? No idea. Each issue presents more questions and no answers. And their contributions to the team seem rather minuscule and nonspecific, especially for Gambit. 10 issues is a hell of a long time to wait for a pay off, especially when the journey hasn't been that gratifying.

I hear ya. And it breaks my heart that Rogue is a favorite of Leah's. She was great in the small role she had in the X-Men: Black Emma Frost one-shot by Leah. We also have Duggan around, clearly a Rogue fan who has written some of her best moments in a while. I'm sure Gambit would be better off in any of the other books as well.

*sighs*

I. AM. JEALOUS.

I feel you. X-Factor first issue was so packed with great stuff and character moments. Excalibur is garbage. I hope Gambit and Rogue will be saved from it after Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I hear ya. And it breaks my heart that Rogue is a favorite of Leah's. She was great in the small role she had in the X-Men: Black Emma Frost one-shot by Leah. We also have Duggan around, clearly a Rogue fan who has written some of her best moments in a while. I'm sure Gambit would be better off in any of the other books as well.

*sighs*
    I didn't realize Leah was a fan. That makes sense, though. I'd be interested in reading her take on either character bc I really liked X-Men Black.
    Make Good Art

I. AM. JEALOUS.

I share your frustrations and your jealousy. But also this post made me laugh out loud, so thank you. Humor heals. haha

Isn't it funny how this happens? We find ourselves blessed with such a phenomenally crafted book like X-Factor and we think to ourselves "OMFG WHYYYYYYY ???? Why can't my precious babies get the same precious treatment omfg!!!!" hahaha.

One day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I share your frustrations and your jealousy. But also this post made me laugh out loud, so thank you. Humor heals. haha

Isn't it funny how this happens? We find ourselves blessed with such a phenomenally crafted book like X-Factor and we think to ourselves "OMFG WHYYYYYYY ???? Why can't my precious babies get the same precious treatment omfg!!!!" hahaha.

One day.
    LOL Thanks for letting me have my little tantrum.

After getting so much good Romy, this has been rough. I was spoiled. I need a new mantra for more patience ...

We get to see Rogue next week in Deadpool at least, however briefly.

Deadpool 6

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Deadpool 6

It was a fun, hijinksy issue. Not much Rogue really. The bit with her was fairly short and sweet. Seems like Wade has pretty well written off the X-Men for now though. I did laugh when DP's calls weren't being returned because Rogue was a tree or lighthouse at the time. Also Wade calling them fascists was pretty tongue in cheek.

I didn't like Deadpool 6. X-Men braking Wade's nose or attacking and stabbing him for no real reason were stupid. Sad for Wade. Glad that Gambit wasn't a part of that team.

Rogue scenes were fine.

Honestly, as someone who is suffering from Deadpool-fatigue, I'm glad to hear I can skip this one
    Make Good Art

Judging from the last panels I saw of Giant-Size Fantomex, no ... Gambit will not be on Storm's team in Giant Sized Storm. Deflated once again. Should have known better than to get my hopes up.

Ughhhh ... I hate how underutilized Gambit and Rogue are right now. This DoX era is doing nothing for them.

And still no word on CotA.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 08-05-2020 at 07:50 PM.