Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Gambit, drawn by Jim Lee, colors by Marte Gracia

Attachment 94822

From his twitter
    Jim Lee is still one of my favorite artists for Gambit. Rogue too.

Woo! Page 50 ya'll!

Have you seen the news about Diamond distribution? Wonder how that's going to work going forward? Will the digital releases still launch as planned? I pretty much only buy digital now unless I love something enough to want to collect or reread it.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 03-24-2020 at 02:51 PM.

From his twitter
    Last edited by staptik777; 03-24-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Jim Lee is still one of my favorite artists for Gambit. Rogue too.

Woo! Page 50 ya'll!

Have you seen the news about Diamond distribution? Wonder how that's going to work going forward? Will the digital releases still launch as planned? I pretty much only buy digital now unless I love something enough to want to collect or reread it.
    Yeah I'm curious to see what happens now too. It's really weird. My LCS started doing a drive-thru to pick up comics but I might need to switch completely to digital.

Maybe all of this will prompt publishers to start doing more digital-exclusive stuff.
    Make Good Art

Yeah I'm curious to see what happens now too. It's really weird. My LCS started doing a drive-thru to pick up comics but I might need to switch completely to digital.

Maybe all of this will prompt publishers to start doing more digital-exclusive stuff.
    If I'm honest that is my preference. I loved how they did the digital releases for KT's Jessica Jones series followed with the TPBs. You get bigger hunks of story for less money right up front and then a collector's format later that can easily be kept on a book shelf.

I only buy floppies to support a book if I'm trying to help keep it from getting canceled since Diamond sales seem to be the determining factor.

If I'm honest that is my preference. I loved how they did the digital releases for KT's Jessica Jones series followed with the TPBs. You get bigger hunks of story for less money right up front and then a collector's format later that can easily be kept on a book shelf.

I only buy floppies to support a book if I'm trying to help keep it from getting canceled since Diamond sales seem to be the determining factor.
    I'm the same way, actually. I try to support my LCS as much as I can, but I have over 3 long boxes worth of floppies and not a huge apartment. I need to sell some and go down to 1 box that has the essentials.

I was also thinking about how they did the digital-exclusive version of X-Men '92 and then combined 2 digital issues into one floppy. If we could get something like that for Rogue and Gambit (or if they just brought back '92), I would be over the moon
    Make Good Art

Attachment 94822

From his twitter
    I love Jim Lee. So. Much.

As for LCS...yikes. I'm not sure how the smaller shops are going to survive this. I've pretty much gone the digital and TPB route for awhile now. I only get one-shots or anniversary issues as floppies nowadays. I just find the digital/TPB format more practical. I haven't heard how the big comics companies are going to handle this: put the industry on pause or release digital?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Read FF/X-Men #3. First of all, Sue Storm is everything and I stan a queen.

Okay, as for Rogue, outside of the preview, she flies out of the X-jet and punched Thing. That’s it. She’s completely AWOL the rest of the issue, like we don’t even see her in the background. Not really sure why she was randomly added when she did all of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Read FF/X-Men #3. First of all, Sue Storm is everything and I stan a queen.

Okay, as for Rogue, outside of the preview, she flies out of the X-jet and punched Thing. That’s it. She’s completely AWOL the rest of the issue, like we don’t even see her in the background. Not really sure why she was randomly added when she did all of nothing.
    Agreed. That was bonkers. Its like she was this swinging pendulum but never swung back. Just SWOOP, HIT, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she gone.

Also, missed opportunity not capitalizing on her Uncanny relationship with Torch. Oh well. Can't ensure EVERY connective tissue fire gets stoked.

Darn. Thanks for the review though! I wasn't too keen on jumping into this particular story if we aren't getting a good Rogue showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I love Jim Lee. So. Much.

As for LCS...yikes. I'm not sure how the smaller shops are going to survive this. I've pretty much gone the digital and TPB route for awhile now. I only get one-shots or anniversary issues as floppies nowadays. I just find the digital/TPB format more practical. I haven't heard how the big comics companies are going to handle this: put the industry on pause or release digital?
    I actually read a rumor today that Marvel is going to continue to release digital copies. https://www.comicsbeat.com/update-ma...-other-rumors/

So, that's gonna be a huge blow to a lot of comic shops, if true.
    Make Good Art

I actually read a rumor today that Marvel is going to continue to release digital copies. https://www.comicsbeat.com/update-ma...-other-rumors/

So, that's gonna be a huge blow to a lot of comic shops, if true.
    No previews. Doesn't seem like a good sign.

So then ... what shall we read and talk about without any new comics for a while potentially?

Anyone planning a re-read or a series you've never covered?

Hitting up fanfic?

No previews. Doesn't seem like a good sign.

So then ... what shall we read and talk about without any new comics for a while potentially?

Anyone planning a re-read or a series you've never covered?

Hitting up fanfic?
    I'm currently re-reading the Nicieza Gambit run after being inspired by some of Purp's posts on the Gambit forum. Otherwise, I'll probably start looking for some good fan fics if anyone has any suggestions.

I actually posted the first chapter of my X-Men Cyberpunk thing I've been working on earlier today. It can be read here. It's kind of rough so it's I'm not really sharing it too many places, but if y'all are bored at home, then maybe this will help kill some time.
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 03-27-2020 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Broken link
    Make Good Art

FYI, the Hot Topic Rogue Funko is up on their site, but it's showing Out of Stock. Not sure if this is because they just haven't set it to Pre-Order yet or if it's because of their stores being closed (I'm ordering another item from their site, so I don't think it's that).

Edit: For some reason, it won't let me link it, but if you search "Rogue Pop Funko" on their site it will show up
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 03-27-2020 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    Make Good Art

I'm currently re-reading the Nicieza Gambit run after being inspired by some of Purp's posts on the Gambit forum. Otherwise, I'll probably start looking for some good fan fics if anyone has any suggestions.

I actually posted the first chapter of my X-Men Cyberpunk thing I've been working on earlier today. It can be read here. It's kind of rough so it's I'm not really sharing it too many places, but if y'all are bored at home, then maybe this will help kill some time.
    Nice!!! I'm bookmarking it for when I have a chance to read later, but loving that title already!

I need to get working the next chapter for my WIP.

I've been doing some spotty re-reading of various issues while researching for a Tumblr project, but whenever my signed TPB for MMX 7-12 arrives I'll probably read it again.

Nice!!! I'm bookmarking it for when I have a chance to read later, but loving that title already!

I need to get working the next chapter for my WIP.

I've been doing some spotty re-reading of various issues while researching for a Tumblr project, but whenever my signed TPB for MMX 7-12 arrives I'll probably read it again.
    Oh thanks! Yeah, I didn't have anything in mind for the title originally when I was posting it and thought that sounded funny haha
    Make Good Art