Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Excalibur 12-14 will be tie-ins for Sword of X that probably will boost sales.

It seems R0d was right. We will be capturead at least for 1 more year with bad Tini writing

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I honestly feel so bad for Frenzy.

I love her time as an X-Man during Carey's run. She has the potential to be a star.
    I know how you feel. She is a pretty cool character and I actually didn't mind her with Gambit. Heck, I thought she was great in Age of X when she was married to Cyclops. It would be nice to see her get a bigger role somewhere
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I think her problem is her generic powerset. If it could be tweaked a little to make it more unique, not more powerful, then more writers would want to use her.
    Think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Excalibur 12-14 will be tie-ins for Sword of X that probably will boost sales.

It seems R0d was right. We will be capturead at least for 1 more year with bad Tini writing
    Yeah, there seems to be no other option than being patient.
    At least I imagine Gambit will appear in Children of the Atom, so that's something to look forward.
    As far as I know Rogue is not set to appear in any other book, so she is stuck in Excalibur for the foreseeable future, *sigh*.
    If I'm being hopeful and I know what I'm about to say has a 99% chance of not happening, but maybe after Swords of X ends there's a reshuffle in the teams lineup with some people leaving and others joining.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    As far as I know Rogue is not set to appear in any other book, so she is stuck in Excalibur for the foreseeable future, *sigh*.
    X-MEN + FANTASTIC FOUR #3 PREVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Yeah, there seems to be no other option than being patient.
    At least I imagine Gambit will appear in Children of the Atom, so that's something to look forward.
    If I'm being hopeful and I know what I'm about to say has a 99% chance of not happening, but maybe after Swords of X ends there's a reshuffle in the teams lineup with some people leaving and others joining.
    Probably Gambit will appear in 1 isuue of Children of the Atom. Won`t expect for more.

Rogue should appear in that free comic book day issue.

I don`t belive that they will do reshuffle too. I would be glad if Gambit and Rogue will just leave Excalibur and stay in limbo till some good writer will use them in a new project.

I do think Hickman will get to write both of them during the crossover, so I expect us to at least have another writer handling them, even for a short while.

I feel like they're gonna be stuck in Excalibur to be honest. Marcus To once said that Tini has big plans for Rogue. I guess Gambit might be able to jump to another book?

I do think Hickman will get to write both of them during the crossover, so I expect us to at least have another writer handling them, even for a short while.

I feel like they're gonna be stuck in Excalibur to be honest. Marcus To once said that Tini has big plans for Rogue. I guess Gambit might be able to jump to another book?
    That will be nice, but I'm afraid he'll write Gambit out of character like he's been doing with a lot of characters. Feels kind of like a lateral move but we'll see. I still like Hickman as a writer.

Honestly, Tini having big plans for Rogue makes me nervous lol
    Make Good Art

With normal logic it wouldn't be strange to see Gambit leave the book and move to another. It just requires some sort of end where he can leave Rogue without feeling that he is leaving her in a bad spot.

Reminiscint of a agent/cop/military leaving the squad of their partner and moving on to another. As long as the military squad has returned from a combat assignment and not during one.

Maybe it would be good for Tini to shake things up. As of now she only writes smaller units within the team. Mostly it's Rictor talking to Betsy, Jubes talking to Betsy and so on. Without Gambit there she is forced to expand on her usual interactions. Maybe move Wisdom into the team. Pretty much anything would be an improvment. The sad thing is that we wouldn't be getting any Romy and with Marvel as shaky as they are I'm not to trusting that they are competent enough to keep them a couple without writting them in the same title.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    With normal logic it wouldn't be strange to see Gambit leave the book and move to another. It just requires some sort of end where he can leave Rogue without feeling that he is leaving her in a bad spot.

Reminiscint of a agent/cop/military leaving the squad of their partner and moving on to another. As long as the military squad has returned from a combat assignment and not during one.

Maybe it would be good for Tini to shake things up. As of now she only writes smaller units within the team. Mostly it's Rictor talking to Betsy, Jubes talking to Betsy and so on. Without Gambit there she is forced to expand on her usual interactions. Maybe move Wisdom into the team. Pretty much anything would be an improvment. The sad thing is that we wouldn't be getting any Romy and with Marvel as shaky as they are I'm not to trusting that they are competent enough to keep them a couple without writting them in the same title.
    I wouldn't mind Gambit moving to another book. In an ideal world, Gambit and Rogue could treat their teams as their "Day Jobs" and see each other back on Krakoa every once in a while for their "Home Life". We wouldn't get many Romy moments, but could potentially split them up between Excalibur and whatever book Gambit would be in. Idk. Wishful thinking. On the other hand, in an ideal world, they would both be written well in the book they are in.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    X-MEN + FANTASTIC FOUR #3 PREVIEW
    I appreciate Rogue with the bubble gum here! I miss seeing this sassy side of her. Also makes sense to bring her in given her more recent positive history with the Avengers.

I agree that Tini having "big plans" for Rogue doesn't exactly set me at ease or peak my interest.

I feel like something has been off about her since the absorption of [A]. She's a little too agreeable to do his bidding. And her dialogue that was set over the scenes of Betsy and Brian in this last issue, about feeling sorry for Krakoa longing for it's other half, seems bizarre. Hopefully that's intentional? Is she absorbing some of Krakoa's pyche maybe? Or just drank too much blue kool-aid? But thus far, her big costume reveal was pretty underwhelming as was the "make more mutants" decision. To paraphrase the Simpsons, "Do you know what would have been better than nothing?", "What?", "ANYTHING!"

At least she'll get a cameo in Deadpool as well under KT's pen and presumably Gambit should get a cameo in Children of the Atom. I'm hopeful that Vita will do him justice.

I think this latest issue of Excalibur was at least ok. Not great, not exciting, but fine. An average comic issue.

I did really like the one moment we got of Rogue being the affectionate one for a change, teasing about putting up the tent early. Also whichever character was grossed out by their flirting made me chuckle. THIS. This is the Rogue and Gambit I need more of.

I can let Gambit being cold go a bit, though I totally get what you're saying, Purp, in reference to Marjorie Lui's AXM run. Honestly anyone who wants to write Gambit should read that and her X-23 run to get a sense of what a mature Remy at his best looks like. It's him still feeling a bit whiney about the cold in this issue that doesn't quite stick the landing for me.

Interesting though, this moment DOES remind me of that Hunt for Xavier issue of X-Men, where Remy is cold (this is post Antarctica when he had the green energy parasite) after they fall into an ice cavern. Rogue wants to warm him up with a snuggle, but he has to turn her down.

I concur that we're probably in for a full year or two of this cast, book, and writer.

I would like to see a shake up of the writing staff and/or the casts after X of Swords, though I highly doubt it. I actually wouldn't even mind Romy staying on Excalibur IF we got a different writer. I still think KT would have rocked this book with the same theme, plot, and cast. But alas, 'twas not to be. Otherwise, I do think they might be interesting on X-Force. I was kind of unhappy with how Percy wrote Gambit for his "The Lost Trail" podcast, but at this point I'd give him another shot. I don't particularly want Hickman writing them at length, which is unlikely anyway.

Forgot Excalibur came out. Can someone let me know when Gambit get's killed off or leaves the book? Thanks in advance!
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Forgot Excalibur came out. Can someone let me know when Gambit get's killed off or leaves the book? Thanks in advance!
    My guess is Howard is going to write a sloppy fight story between Rogue and Gambit (let's not kid around - it'll be Gambit's fault *eye roll*), they'll "separate", and he'll leave the team. Hopefully he'll go to a team and writer that'll make good use of his powers and abilities.

Hey all Rogue and Gambit fans, the 4th and final installment for Rogue & Remy on Couples Comic Book Counseling Podcast is up:

https://twitter.com/CBCCPodcast/stat...387753474?s=19

This episode is on Mr. & Mrs. X. Enjoy!

Gambit, drawn by Jim Lee, colors by Marte Gracia

ET2b4sOWkAETCKC.jpg

From his twitter
    Make Good Art