Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Maybe they choose Rogue to be the poster child of the "Im not want to be ah momma"

Thats not bad! but... there's a previous story and not just one that make Rogue not a good candidate of that.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Rogue changed her mind but Tini doesn't acknowledge that at all! That makes her sloppy.

If Tini had Rogue acknowledge her past of wanting a baby and then revealing she no longer feels that way, then I would've said it was earned.

Tini writes Rogue how The Fallen Angels writer writes Laura. Complete ignores recent developments of them.

Speaking of Fallen Angels, this title is currently the next one to be cancelled if something doesn't change.
    Oh, I agree. I am not a fan of how both Rogue and Gambit have been written in Excalibur at all.

Though maybe I should read today's issue before jumping into the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Honestly? I know you and I don't agree on this subject (though me not wanting Rogue to have a baby doesn't mean the character feels the same way, obviously lol), but that panel from Mr and Mrs X makes it clear that she's not into the idea at all... for now.

The first panel is from an alternate future (XM The End, right?).

That said, she has touched on the subject of having a family before (I recall a conversation with Gambit in that Cable issue pre-Age of Apocalypse where Remy was dismissive) so it was something very close to her heart in the past. People change... Maybe she did as well?

Again, I haven't read today's issue yet. :/
    Yes I posted that up thread actually. And the one where she discusses it with Mystique.

As for the MMX panel, I see a big difference between the "we're not ready, but maybe some day" in MMX and the "not now, maybe never" we got today in Excalibur for no apparent reason. The later basically cuts out openness to the subject for the foreseeable future and all story potential that goes with it unless her decision is basically taken from her by chance. And as was pointed out up thread it doesn't acknowledge her previous desire in the past or reason for the change of heart. Also she knows Remy is interested in MMX. There's no acknowledge of that in Excalibur or any of that previous continuity.

Mighty Member

Oh, I agree. I am not a fan of how both Rogue and Gambit have been written in Excalibur at all.

Though maybe I should read today's issue before jumping into the discussion.
    If you haven't liked how they've been written, I doubt todays issues won't add more fuel to that fire.

Rogue was dumbed down to prop Apocalypse up. And that's not even mentioning how Rogue and Gambit were written together.

And X-Men: The End and AoA may not be 616 Rogue precisely, but I've seen alternate realities used as evidence and justification for plenty of other characterizations, including Rachel and Kitty as a couple.

The point being while we've been given evidence that Rogue is at least open to the idea of kids, we have never been given evidence to the contrary until today. Not ready isn't the same as never.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-22-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Can someone share the panels for the hot tub scene? I’m not getting my copy until later in the week

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Can someone share the panels for the hot tub scene? I’m not getting my copy until later in the week
    The mods are touchy about entire panels. Here's a single.

TWjx5bH_d.jpg

It really is a beautiful scene. The discussion just kind of makes it hard to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    It really is a beautiful scene. The discussion just kind of makes it hard to enjoy.
    A theme in this book. Beautiful images ruined by awful awful dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The mods are touchy about entire panels. Here's a single.

TWjx5bH_d.jpg
    That part of letting someone in seems odd. Wasn’t her problem external with her powers preventing people to get close. Something she wanted. With her powers in control(a must for a baby) doesn’t that also, by KT, mean she has mastered her traumas to a degree? Also having a kid isn’t letting someone in as much as creating something. Sure the phrase can be used as pretty much anything can, just not the first place you go. Minor criticism I know but writing is all about finding the right words. It just sticks out for me.

It might be a revelant subplot if we think about the whole context of Krakoa and DoX and how one of the laws is to make babies (not exactly, but you know what I mean) and now Rogue is against it.

That said, I haven't read the issue yet. Looks like it's a bad one again.
    I get that. My point was it came out of nowhere as there was no set up for the discussion in the comic. In story Rogue really had no reason to bring it up in that moment hence why I thought it felt more like forced narrative foreshadowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    That part of letting someone in seems odd. Wasn’t her problem external with her powers preventing people to get close. Something she wanted. With her powers in control(a must for a baby) doesn’t that also, by KT, mean she has mastered her traumas to a degree? Also having a kid isn’t letting someone in as much as creating something. Sure the phrase can be used as pretty much anything can, just not the first place you go. Minor criticism I know but writing is all about finding the right words. It just sticks out for me.
    I took this to mean, getting close to someone emotionally? Like being able to love and be loved. So more like she's afraid to love another person on that deep level where losing them is too painful to bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It is just more woe is me Rogue. Now that her powers are under control gotta find something to be angsty about as that seems to be her preferred state for writers.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Am I the only one that thinks that these two would be the only two individuals that would actually still read enjoyably as parents? Like, them rescuing their child after being captured or taken would be the comic book of alllll comic books. It would be incredible. I feel as though they have such strong personalities, they wouldn't lose themselves with the right writer. Tini is doing a pretty terrible job with their voices. That panel... ugh, Rogue hasn't been that cold since the late 90's

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I am guessing Rogue will get pregnant sooner rather than later. No real point in having that dialogue unless the opposite actually happens. So seems more to me like Rogue says she doesn't want a child and omg she ends up getting pregnant.

Then again, maybe Tini is that bad a writer that she introduced that topic for no reason at all.
    That's how it read to me as well.
    For me, the dialogue in the tub seems to be there for added drama.