Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1563
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Look at this gorgeous Rogue from Lukas Werneck on Twitter!Attachment 100251

She may have stolen this outfit from Emma, but she definitely can pull it off.
    This is great! I love Werneck's take on the X-Women. He makes them look so classy

cjs7754zr5p31.jpg

(Rogue's suspenders give me life)
    Make Good Art

Yum, yes. I love what Lukas does with the X-Women.

And now here is a fun Gambit from Twitter by Alessandro Michelli:
    IMG_20200901_213001.jpg
    It's a different style, but I'm kinda digging it.

Extraordinary Member

What book are they currently in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Excalibur

10char
    Make Good Art

Excalibur by Tini Howard and Marcus To

It's ... so so. The art is pretty great, but Gambit and Rogue haven't had much of a central role thus far. They've had a few okay moments as a couple, but most of the plot revolves around Apocalypse and Betsy, the new Captain Britain. Gambit has been short changed pretty badly as far as being treated as a joke by other characters and lacking his usual skill and charm. Rogue was fridged for like 5 issues right at the start. So ... manage your expectations.

Extraordinary Member

Excalibur by Tini Howard and Marcus To

It's ... so so. The art is pretty great, but Gambit and Rogue haven't had much of a central role thus far. They've had a few okay moments as a couple, but most of the plot revolves around Apocalypse and Betsy, the new Captain Britain. Gambit has been short changed pretty badly as far as being treated as a joke by other characters and lacking his usual skill and charm. Rogue was fridged for like 5 issues right at the start. So ... manage your expectations.
    This is what cancelled their solo series?

This is what cancelled their solo series?
    Excalibur didn't really cancel it per se. There were year long plans for Jonathan Hickman and his selected crew of partner writers to take over for his soft reboot (House of X, Powers of X, and then the Dawn of X books) on X-Men. So Mr. & Mrs X didn't fit into the scheme and was likely never planned to carry on past the 12 issues it got. And it was dropping in sales toward the end, so we probably wouldn't have kept it long term anyway. That said, I really wish Kelly had been given Excalibur instead of Tini. It would have been a totally different book and one I think would have treated Rogue and especially Gambit better. But Tini is who Hickman wanted on the book and probably wanted this focus on Apocalypse and Betsy. Honestly I think we all have suspected Gambit and Rogue got marooned on Excalibur because no other writer wanted them as a duo and Hickman has no interest in them. Duggan probably would have taken Rogue, Percy probably would have loved making Gambit a point of humor in X-Force, but basically no one else wants to write them as a couple. Tini does it awkwardly, though her latest issue was better. I think this is what we're stuck with until another writer comes along who gets them and gets what readers love about them.

IMG_20200906_094340.jpg

IMG_20200905_112834.jpg

New art ...

So presuming they won't be big central players, if they even appear at all in X of Swords ... what do we hope to see for Rogue and Gambit beyond this event? What would be a good subplot for either of them?

Personally I hope to see Apocalypse leave the book and Gambit proven right about him. I hope to see Rogue and Gambit recruited by Mystique to bring back Destiny. I hope to see them get some some interdimensional adventures that challenge them as a couple and individuals and showcase their capabilities and synchronicity in battle. I'd like to see Gambit babysit Shogo and Rogue having feelings about that. I'd like to see their home on Krakoa and the cats - maybe a Krakoan gate right into their New York apartment? I want them to keep the New York apartment and make Krakoa a vacation home. I want to see Emma or Kitty go to Gambit and ask him for some Thieves Guild assistance on behalf of the Hellfire Club. I'd like to see Rogue's Avengers friends want to meet with her and talk over their concerns regarding Krakoa and see Rogue feeling caught in the middle.

That's all for now. LOL

IMG_20200906_094340.jpg

IMG_20200905_112834.jpg

New art ...

So presuming they won't be big central players, if they even appear at all in X of Swords ... what do we hope to see for Rogue and Gambit beyond this event? What would be a good subplot for either of them?

Personally I hope to see Apocalypse leave the book and Gambit proven right about him. I hope to see Rogue and Gambit recruited by Mystique to bring back Destiny. I hope to see them get some some interdimensional adventures that challenge them as a couple and individuals and showcase their capabilities and synchronicity in battle. I'd like to see Gambit babysit Shogo and Rogue having feelings about that. I'd like to see their home on Krakoa and the cats - maybe a Krakoan gate right into their New York apartment? I want them to keep the New York apartment and make Krakoa a vacation home. I want to see Emma or Kitty go to Gambit and ask him for some Thieves Guild assistance on behalf of the Hellfire Club. I'd like to see Rogue's Avengers friends want to meet with her and talk over their concerns regarding Krakoa and see Rogue feeling caught in the middle.

That's all for now. LOL
    Cool art! I do like that new page a lot.

Yes to everything you said. It would be nice to see Gambit have some vindication and for Rogue to have some more thoughts on kids. Or at least for them to have a real conversation about it.

I would like to see what Rogue’s thoughts are in regard to Destiny being resurrected. I want to see her interact with Mystique again.
    Make Good Art

Gambit by Greg Horn

by Jake Panian

Spectacular Member

I loved Jake Panian's art. It shows the age and size differences between characters perfectly. It has been so long since we saw how big colossus is or how small (and bulky) wolverine is. Jubilee is also great.

I just reread the third volume of Uncanny Avengers and it depresses me because Duggan is one of the writers of Dawn of X and Rogue is stuck with Tini (but I still keep reading Excalibur even if it hurts because Rogue does not appear in any other book)

Rogue in a book with Emma Kitty and Ororo will be a perfect book.

I always wanted the Roguemma Friendship to start to develop.

Extraordinary Member

Any rouge stories recommended, before the marriage and gambit team ups

Any rouge stories recommended, before the marriage and gambit team ups
    X-Men Legacy was a good book for Rogue (beginning with issue 220). She also had a couple solos but I've only read the first mini. It was decent but a lot of it is a Gambit team-up. I'm sure others will have more recommendations but those are the first that came to mind
    Make Good Art