Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    man this hurts. I want to support Romy and I like Tini(she's a cat lover like KT), i heard good things about her Strikeforce but man I been giving this book too many chances. i already dropped New mutants(only getting the Hickman written issues) and I hate to do this, im very conflicted about giving Excalibur up.
    Tini might be a wonderful person and writer. The problem is that she has no reason to change. She is beign told that her books are selling out. Editors doesn't seem to care or have the time to fix her issues. Hickman probably doesn't care that Gambit and Rogue aren't being written properly. He still hasn't used them himself. Reviewers, the few that exist, tremble at the thought of giving books less then 8/10. She has to go somewhere where people want to give her longer feedback then "Lol, so good <3". the best we can hope for is she has some friend who actually want's her to fix these problems and isn't afraid to tell her.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Tini might be a wonderful person and writer. The problem is that she has no reason to change. She is beign told that her books are selling out. Editors doesn't seem to care or have the time to fix her issues. Hickman probably doesn't care that Gambit and Rogue aren't being written properly. He still hasn't used them himself. Reviewers, the few that exist, tremble at the thought of giving books less then 8/10. She has to go somewhere where people want to give her longer feedback then "Lol, so good <3". the best we can hope for is she has some friend who actually want's her to fix these problems and isn't afraid to tell her.
    I was sincerely hoping that maybe her and Kelly could have a heart to heart… There’s no way that KT thinks that Tini is writing Romy anywhere near good...

This book sucks.

All the dialogue is bad

Not just with Romy. It’s seriously a cringe factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I just read it and I agree with firstprince’s interpertation. The war wolf gambit was running from was rogue and it was a fake out, so she could get a drop on Cullen. But it would have much more interesting to actually see than a page of betsy’s weird nightgown.
    I’m now just catching up on reading this thread and I completely agree with you on this. I’m pretty sure he was acting… Or at least I’m praying he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

You know, I weirdly had a much less strong negative reaction to this issue than the last 7? Which is interesting because I'm seeing way more criticism for this book suddenly. But I seriously think it's because my expectations were so very, very low and because we got so little actual Rogue or Gambit this issue. Harder to screw them up if you just don't write them.

Yeah, I agree that we were meant to understand that Remy was running away as part of some kind of plan. And I think it was supposed to showcase their teamwork and innate understanding of each other. But obviously that didn't come through clearly for a lot of us which is not a good signal for writing quality and/or art direction. And he still got dissed by his teammates none-the-less ... AGAIN, even if it wasn't as it appeared. (Can we feel the eye roll?)

Definitely felt robbed we didn't get a cozy, snuggled sleeping Romy at least. Just. One. Panel! Though Bets in her see-through bloomers was funny at least.

The whole plot of stopping in the middle of the hunt for dinner and a rest was ... a weird plot point. Clearly there was the whole portion of the book that was about a bigger message and theme around "I don't mind mutants, but could you act less mutant" in lieu of the mutant metaphor. Which is great, but did we need to break it up this way? That line about "I know we haven't gotten off to the best start" ... for a moment felt very meta like maybe Tini addressing the reader, but then it wasn't ... so nevermind.

All these mini-missions with lackluster action sequences feel so much like fetch quests and I just can't get into it.

I'm kinda just finding myself a little annoyed with ALL the characters at this point. They don't feel like a team. Betsy doesn't feel like a strong leader. I'm not sure they even like each other (which we KNOW they do!)

I just read Marauders and it's definitely giving me all the character, team, plot flow, and dialogue beats that I want from Excalibur.

And that baby warwolve, while cute, is nowhere near Baby Yoda levels of cute. So I really hope that wasn't the cute thing Tini was referring to.

The data pages also continue to be an exercise in annoyance for me. The second one reads like horoscopes, but not in a way that is particularly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Was it on this thread where we were talking about whether or not Rogue could absorb the Five to help Mystique bring back Destiny, or did I hallucinate that?

Well whoever's idea it was ... I'm really digging it!

Rogue has control her powers again.

There is no reason why she cannot absorb the power of the 5. when she absorbed all the planet's xmen and all the planet's avengers.

N theory, Rogue can absorb those with one touch if they know that Rogue took their powers and could help their mothers. That is what I should do.

Rogue should be very angry with Xavier and Magneto for not bringing Destiny back.

Hopefully and that happens ..I something similar.
    I am looking forward to Rogue escaping that cult that has become the books.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Top 10 Alpha level mutants: https://youtu.be/FyuFcxwgWrs

Gambit got #7, Rogue #4. I wish someone would remind Tini & whoever is editing Excalibur what total badasses they are
    Well Rogue is omega level really. .for powers feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I doubt it, this people live in a weird echo-chamber where everyone is constantly in a state of "yaaas queen slay" and any criticism is to be ignored because it probably comes from just some "bigots" and "online trolls". Like it happened with PAD when All New X-Factor got cancelled and he blamed Gambit instead of showing one iota of self reflection.

And that baby warwolve, while cute, is nowhere near Baby Yoda levels of cute. So I really hope that wasn't the cute thing Tini was referring to.
    The fact that Tini thought that the baby warwolfve was something as cute or even more so as baby Yoda only proves how out of touch she really is.
    I had my suspicious about her being out of touch when she posted that "bitch switch" pink shirt and thought that it somehow related to Gambit, like come on. But to be fair she did turned him into a bitch, so if that was her goal from the start then at least she was being honest

By the way, am I the only one a little bothered by all the killings and decapitations? And the fact that they let the little one live made it even worse, since it implies that there might be a road for redemption and change for those creatures.

I am bothered that they killed all that creatures for fun too. Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am bothered that they killed all that creatures for fun too. Completely agree.
    Yeahhhhh, I was fairly bothered by this as well. Trying to make it ok by saying the warwolves had lost their intelligence didn't really sell me on it more either. I mean if that's the case then they're just basically highly skilled predatory animals, right? Do all tigers deserve to die because they might eat people? I didn't really follow why they were on a preservation with access to human prey in the first place. That's dumb. Like, why not relocate them to a secure, offworld location away from human prey? Why does [A] get to decide they should be eradicated completely and are irredeemable, just so he can do his hocus pocus? Glad to see Betsy stand up to him on SOMETHING with letting the baby live, but he also didn't truly concede her the win - he said it would come at a cost.

Frustrating to see this group act on [A]'s orders without questioning it. And again, why was THIS group sent? When did they get established as an actual team? I don't recall any of them volunteering to serve [A] or getting recruited into Excalibur officially, other than Betsy listed them on her document because she had to in the moment. Remy at least expresses that he doesn't want to be there and doesn't appreciate being conned into doing [A]'s dirtywork.

Can we start the #GambitWasRight now?

You know, I weirdly had a much less strong negative reaction to this issue than the last 7? Which is interesting because I'm seeing way more criticism for this book suddenly. But I seriously think it's because my expectations were so very, very low and because we got so little actual Rogue or Gambit this issue. Harder to screw them up if you just don't write them.

Yeah, I agree that we were meant to understand that Remy was running away as part of some kind of plan. And I think it was supposed to showcase their teamwork and innate understanding of each other. But obviously that didn't come through clearly for a lot of us which is not a good signal for writing quality and/or art direction. And he still got dissed by his teammates none-the-less ... AGAIN, even if it wasn't as it appeared. (Can we feel the eye roll?)

Definitely felt robbed we didn't get a cozy, snuggled sleeping Romy at least. Just. One. Panel! Though Bets in her see-through bloomers was funny at least.

The whole plot of stopping in the middle of the hunt for dinner and a rest was ... a weird plot point. Clearly there was the whole portion of the book that was about a bigger message and theme around "I don't mind mutants, but could you act less mutant" in lieu of the mutant metaphor. Which is great, but did we need to break it up this way? That line about "I know we haven't gotten off to the best start" ... for a moment felt very meta like maybe Tini addressing the reader, but then it wasn't ... so nevermind.

All these mini-missions with lackluster action sequences feel so much like fetch quests and I just can't get into it.

I'm kinda just finding myself a little annoyed with ALL the characters at this point. They don't feel like a team. Betsy doesn't feel like a strong leader. I'm not sure they even like each other (which we KNOW they do!)

I just read Marauders and it's definitely giving me all the character, team, plot flow, and dialogue beats that I want from Excalibur.

The data pages also continue to be an exercise in annoyance for me. The second one reads like horoscopes, but not in a way that is particularly helpful.
    That scene was confusing. I was like what happened with that warwolf that was following Gambit?
    then a warwolf show up and attacks Cullen and it is actually Rogue.
    The execution was very bad, not the first time something like this happen on this book

New episode of CBCC is up and quite enjoyable!

https://twitter.com/CBCCPodcast/stat...781395970?s=19

No worries, I explained the deal with the Mutant Massacre so Remy will be vindicated in their eyes.

https://twitter.com/Purplevit13/stat...89003502624768

Posted new my fanart with this tweet and added White, Cebulski, Hickman and Howard to it.

Who has twitter please reply that you want more good written Gambit and Rogue in comics or whatever you want to say. They may see our comments.

Always wanted to see Remy with Darth Maul`s double lightsaber

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://twitter.com/Purplevit13/stat...89003502624768

Posted new my fanart with this tweet and added White, Cebulski, Hickman and Howard to it.

Who has twitter please reply that you want more good written Gambit and Rogue in comics or whatever you want to say. They may see our comments.

Always wanted to see Remy with Darth Maul`s double lightsaber
    I really love how dynamic this is Purp! Great movement and color!

I could see Remy pulling something like this off with the bo staff and some clever charging. We've already seen him do similar with charging a single side.

I replied to the Tweet, though did try to remain respectful. But yeah, I will be disappointed if Gambit and Rogue get left out of X of Swords at this point - especially since Remy is an accomplished swordsman. I mean, he won the duel against Julien when he was still a teen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I really love how dynamic this is Purp! Great movement and color!

I could see Remy pulling something like this off with the bo staff and some clever charging. We've already seen him do similar with charging a single side.

I replied to the Tweet, though did try to remain respectful. But yeah, I will be disappointed if Gambit and Rogue get left out of X of Swords at this point - especially since Remy is an accomplished swordsman. I mean, he won the duel against Julien when he was still a teen!
    They can’t be left out completely, and Rogue is on the cover of the Free Comic Book Day issue, which leads into X of Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    They can’t be left out completely, and Rogue is on the cover of the Free Comic Book Day issue, which leads into X of Swords.

Dunno? Cover art can be misleading. Neither of them is in the teaser art by Mark Waid and the same was true for HoX/PoX.

Guess we'll see.