Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Can I just say how glad I am that marvel got that guest artist for that issue? It was soooo gorgeous.

Yeah, Excalibur...it had so much potential, but is basically apocalypse is awesomely awesome and betsy’s doing something, that awesomely awesome apocalypse told her to do, because he is awesome...
    LOL I suddenly have "Everything Is Awesome" playing in my head, so thanks for that Hmmm ... and yet, that seems like the appropriate soundtrack to this book, am I right?

But yeah ... that David Marquez art is beautiful! That whole issue of X-Men Gold was a treat, even if I'm still minorly salty that the colorist got Rogue's eye color wrong on her wedding day.

Wow 2 years! Fans got one great year with the awesome Mr. and Mrs. X series, but not a whole lot in the second year with Hickman in charge. Well here is hoping for more greatness in year 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    It's June 20th! Happy Romy-versary ya'll! (Thanks to Romyship for the reminder)

It's been 2 years since our favorite X-couple tied the knot.

The traditional gifts for the 2nd anniversary are cotton or ceramic. What do you think they'll give each other?

Attachment 97774
    Attachment 97775
    Coool! We werr blessed with Marquez art

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

It's June 20th! Happy Romy-versary ya'll! (Thanks to Romyship for the reminder)

It's been 2 years since our favorite X-couple tied the knot.

The traditional gifts for the 2nd anniversary are cotton or ceramic. What do you think they'll give each other?

Attachment 97774
    Attachment 97775
    Happy (belated) Anniversary to my favorite comic couple!

I think Gambit got Rogue a new teapot after Olivier knocked her old one off of the counter (I'm basing this off of my own cat's evil deeds) and Rogue got them both his and hers bathrobes
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Happy (belated) Anniversary to my favorite comic couple!

I think Gambit got Rogue a new teapot after Olivier knocked her old one off of the counter (I'm basing this off of my own cat's evil deeds) and Rogue got them both his and hers bathrobes
    Ooohhhh, yes! That sounds spot on!

From the X-Men Monday today regarding Giant-Size Storm #1:

Russell: Yep, it’s all drawn! Right now it just needs color and dialogue.

The issue picks up where the Jean and Emma issue leaves off, and Storm leads a team on a mission to save her life. This was done Marvel Style too, but the plot is more involved with Jonathan’s larger plans.

AIPT: Did you get to draw any characters you’ve never drawn before?

Russell: Yeah, a few! One of them I suggested we add–someone who’s been a favorite for a long time, so that’s very exciting.

AIPT: Now X-Fans can dig through your past interviews to see who it could be.

Russell: Someone on Instagram or Twitter actually mentioned this person to me! Like, “I hope this person’s in the book.” I didn’t say anything at the time but thought, “Oh, glad you hope that!” [Laughs]

Could it be Gambit?! Dauterman's never drawn him that I know of except:
    935f1ebd690f3f2cee2ee94654015513.jpg

The issue picks up where the Jean and Emma issue leaves off, and Storm leads a team on a mission to save her life. This was done Marvel Style too, but the plot is more involved with Jonathan’s larger plans.

Russell: Yeah, a few! One of them I suggested we add–someone who’s been a favorite for a long time, so that’s very exciting.

Russell: Someone on Instagram or Twitter actually mentioned this person to me! Like, “I hope this person’s in the book.” I didn’t say anything at the time but thought, “Oh, glad you hope that!” [Laughs]

Would love it to be Gambit. Won't hope too much.

I am praying to the Old Ones that it is Gambit but since it's Hickman, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I am praying to the Old Ones that it is Gambit but since it's Hickman, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.
    Come to think of it ... I couldn't remember Dauterman drawing Rogue either except on covers?

Granted Storm has a lot of close connections to other characters, but can't rule out Rogue tagging along as well.

I'd be happy to see either or both get some time away from Excalibur, though admittedly I'm kind of up and down on Hickman's writing style. Seems like these are a bit more art led though, so guess we'll see.

Come to think of it ... I couldn't remember Dauterman drawing Rogue either except on covers?

Granted Storm has a lot of close connections to other characters, but can't rule out Rogue tagging along as well.

I'd be happy to see either or both get some time away from Excalibur, though admittedly I'm kind of up and down on Hickman's writing style. Seems like these are a bit more art led though, so guess we'll see.
    Yeah I don't think he has. He hasn't been doing comics that long, so I think he's only done Thor and some of the main X-people for Marvel so far
    Make Good Art

10 characters
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-25-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Don't you guys agree with me, that currently Mr. & Mrs. X are only playing a role of supporting cast members of the Excalibur series? Same applies for Rictor and Jubilee. Feels like just anyone could have been playing these roles. The story so far evolves around Betsy and Apocalypse mostly and focusses on Jamie and Saturnyne a bit.

But the other 4 barely play a role of any meaning and imo they deserve so much more than that.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Supporting sounds too good. Gambit is just a punching bag there so other characters would look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Don't you guys agree with me, that currently Mr. & Mrs. X are only playing a role of supporting cast members of the Excalibur series? Same applies for Rictor and Jubilee. Feels like just anyone could have been playing these roles. The story so far evolves around Betsy and Apocalypse mostly and focusses on Jamie and Saturnyne a bit.

But the other 4 barely play a role of any meaning and imo they deserve so much more than that.
    I agree. After reading the most recent issue, on top of the "hey wait what??" moment of Gambit siphoning(??) the missile explosion (No, but really, huh??) all of the dialogue felt entirely interchangeable. And not between the cast, but, like, aaaaaanyone could have been there to offer the lines. They weren't unique to the characters. They didn't enrich the narrative or further explore their unique perspective. It all felt like filler. Even the singular character-specific exchange between Betsy and Rogue, asking if the latter could use Jamie's powers was nonsense. The saving grace of that exchange (because for real, Betsy, wtf were you thinking??) is that Rogue DECLINED.

Good. For. Her.
    Marcus To is so lovely and talented and I very much enjoy the beautiful pages in Excalibur but...... yup. The overall discontent with each subsequent issue is disheartening. And I'm ART guy. I literally look to the art FIRST. Like its often what drives me to purchase. And that's all I'm getting with this title sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Completely agree and like purplevit said they are not only just supporting cast but badly treated too.
    I stopped reading the book two issues ago, couldn't take it anymore, might as well call the book the Misadventures of Apocalypse and the Braddock family.