Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Anyone read Captain Marvel: The End?

spoilers:
    We get a brief appearance by Rogue and Gambit's hypothetical future daughter, Irene. She has Rogue's white streak & absorption powers & Remy's eyes. Yeah, the name and the detail about Remy's eyes melted me. We don't get to learn much else. It's set in a very bleak future. Sweet end for Carol and fun to see all these future kids. Feels even more bittersweet knowing we may never actually see a possibility of her or some other future kiddo now though.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I always forget we have a similar timeline. And yeah ... my comic purchases and enthusiasm have been dwindling since HoX/PoX/DoX has launched. R&G brought me back, XM:Red, AoXM, & MMX kept me here. Now ... it's nothing but character loyalty keeping me around. NM and Marauders are fun, but it's Excalibur I really wanted to love.
    Yes, I admit that I look for your comments and trust your suggestions on this site because I usually am aligned with your sentiments. Your endorsement was one of the reasons I bought the Asmus/Mann trade when it came out last year – SO GOOD!

It's sad. I REALLY WANTED TO LOVE EXCALIBUR too. Honestly, I actually quite hate Apocalypse, but have been trying to open my heart and try to understand all this magic stuff. It’s just not coming together for me. It’s maddening…And, like you, character loyalty to Rogue and Gambit is the only reason I’m staying for now. But once again, if Excalibur pulls some really out of character or awful story developments – I just can’t.

Anyone read Captain Marvel: The End?
    spoilers:
    We get a brief appearance by Rogue and Gambit's hypothetical future daughter, Irene. She has Rogue's white streak & absorption powers & Remy's eyes. Yeah, the name and the detail about Remy's eyes melted me. We don't get to learn much else. It's set in a very bleak future. Sweet end for Carol and fun to see all these future kids. Feels even more bittersweet knowing we may never actually see a possibility of her or some other future kiddo now though.
    end of spoilers
    And because of your post, I’ve downloaded it and will now pick up the hard copy. UGH! I really enjoyed the book in it’s entirety and will now have to buy the whole series! I was trying to avoid it…because once I’m hooked, I buy everything. It’s an addiction.
    spoilers:
    Really enjoyed seeing Gambit and Rogue’s daughter. Such a short conversation, but it got me too. Mind you – Dani Cage really touched me. I read all Jessica Jones stories KT wrote and loved these call backs.
    end of spoilers

Perhaps I should drop Excalibur soon and then just follow other titles? But I just can’t imagine doing that. How can I support comics while not reading the stories with my favs? If I drop Excalibur, I’ll drop everything all together. I’ve done it once…it was really hard to do…but I can do it again.

Anyways…since I mentioned my back issue reading…I did manage to score some X-Factor issues with Gambit on the team. What was other people’s take on that version of Gambit? There are some moments that didn’t really jive with me…however…I will admit I’d take that version of Gambit over Excalibur Gambit any day.
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 01-29-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Yes, I admit that I look for your comments and trust your suggestions on this site because I usually am aligned with your sentiments. Your endorsement was one of the reasons I bought the Asmus/Mann trade when it came out last year – SO GOOD!

It's sad. I REALLY WANTED TO LOVE EXCALIBUR too. Honestly, I actually quite hate Apocalypse, but have been trying to open my heart and try to understand all this magic stuff. It’s just not coming together for me. It’s maddening…And, like you, character loyalty to Rogue and Gambit is the only reason I’m staying for now. But once again, if Excalibur pulls some really out of character or awful story developments – I just can’t.

And because of your post, I’ve downloaded it and will now pick up the hard copy. UGH! I really enjoyed the book in it’s entirety and will now have to buy the whole series! I was trying to avoid it…because once I’m hooked, I buy everything. It’s an addiction.
    spoilers:
    Really enjoyed seeing Gambit and Rogue’s daughter. Such a short conversation, but it got me too. Mind you – Dani Cage really touched me. I read all Jessica Jones stories KT wrote and loved these call backs.
    end of spoilers

Perhaps I should drop Excalibur soon and then just follow other titles? But I just can’t imagine doing that. How can I support comics while not reading the stories with my favs? If I drop Excalibur, I’ll drop everything all together. I’ve done it once…it was really hard to do…but I can do it again.

Anyways…since I mentioned my back issue reading…I did manage to score some X-Factor issues with Gambit on the team. What was other people’s take on that version of Gambit? There are some moments that didn’t really jive with me…however…I will admit I’d take that version of Gambit over Excalibur Gambit any day.
    Awwww, I'm touched.

Yeah, the Captain Marvel was most enjoyable if you've been following KTs other works. Lots of cameos that connected to other books. So bittersweet.

Oh All-New X-Factor ... such a mixed bag. I liked seeing Remy with that more sarcastic side of his personality. We also get the cats and some truly beautiful art. Peter David writes some truly good humor. Some of the scenes with Danger and Quicksilver were especially hilarious. But we also get a lot of "screw up" Remy moments - caught by Wolverine thieving, sleeping with a married woman, used as naked bait by the villain, kissing Polaris for no apparent reason ... and then kissing Danger to "fix" her. All the non-consensual kissing is very circa 1990s and not in a good way. Still, worth the read.

Astonishing Member

I might have to pick up Captain Marvel...sometimes I am happy to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I think Zub was the one who tried to push Johnny and Rogue together, literally 2 issues after she made out with Deadpool.
    Duggan’s started his run writing that rogue/torch had been a thing off panel and they were now broken up. He promptly went forward with Deadpool. Immediately after Duggan left, Zub started pushing torch, like you said literally two issues after Deadpool lol. So whether you think Duggan or Zub are primarily ‘at fault,’ is a matter of personal opinion.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I might have to pick up Captain Marvel...sometimes I am happy to be wrong.

Duggan’s started his run writing that rogue/torch had been a thing off panel and they were now broken up. He promptly went forward with Deadpool. Immediately after Duggan left, Zub started pushing torch, like you said literally two issues after Deadpool lol. So whether you think Duggan or Zub are primarily ‘at fault,’ is a matter of personal opinion.
    Yeesh. Something about that just feels gross to me.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Just letting everyone know if it wasn't stated already that the Rogue and Gambit Funko-pop figures are now available for pre order on Amazon! Wasn't sure if it was posted. Gambit looks amazing!

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-Mar...0269963&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-Mar...op+gamb&sr=8-1

Looks like they will be available may 2020
    I had thrown these in my Amazon cart. Forgot to preorder. Went on there this morning to do so and my husband already ordered them for me. He’s the best!!

I still want the glow in the dark Gambit and the other Rogue though I forget which outlets to get them from.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I had thrown these in my Amazon cart. Forgot to preorder. Went on there this morning to do so and my husband already ordered them for me. He’s the best!!

I still want the glow in the dark Gambit and the other Rogue though I forget which outlets to get them from.
    Here's the link for Gambit: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...e/fux2x47529ee

Rogue is through Hot Topic but I don't believe it's available for pre-order yet
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Here's the link for Gambit: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...e/fux2x47529ee

Rogue is through Hot Topic but I don't believe it's available for pre-order yet
    First of all, THANK YOU

but also

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...rama/qmmvl0046

I’m in danger now!!!!
    c901a966c3724f1ea859b1c7e1e70680lg.jpg
    She’s available in July. Ahhhhhh!!

First of all, THANK YOU

but also

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...rama/qmmvl0046

I’m in danger now!!!!
    c901a966c3724f1ea859b1c7e1e70680lg.jpg
    She’s available in July. Ahhhhhh!!
    Oh yeah, that whole line looks really cool. It's too bad they're not doing Gambit (yet, at least)
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Too cute! Your hubby is definitely a keeper. I've coerced my sister into getting these for me for my birthday. Yes, all four. She's a Funko Pop fanatic so I think I'm all set! Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Too cute! Your hubby is definitely a keeper. I've coerced my sister into getting these for me for my birthday. Yes, all four. She's a Funko Pop fanatic so I think I'm all set! Can't wait.
    Isn’t he though!?

So is your sis, lol

I’ve preordered glow in the dark Gambit (thanks again Sandman’s)

Now I need HT Rogue

I’ll have the 2 normal Funkos to bring to work and the other two to keep at home.

It’s perfect.

Also I’m in love with the idea of KT’s Romy daughter “Irene” with her white streak and her father’s eyes. Gah! I miss KT soooooo much.

Meanwhile I’m all

@ Tini

Isn’t he though!?

So is your sis, lol

I’ve preordered glow in the dark Gambit (thanks again Sandman’s)

Now I need HT Rogue

I’ll have the 2 normal Funkos to bring to work and the other two to keep at home.

It’s perfect.

Also I’m in love with the idea of KT’s Romy daughter “Irene” with her white streak and her father’s eyes. Gah! I miss KT soooooo much.

Meanwhile I’m all

@ Tini
    No problem!

And I love that too. I get why Mystique gets so much recognition as Rogue's parent, but it's nice to see Destiny get it as well
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    No problem!

And I love that too. I get why Mystique gets so much recognition as Rogue's parent, but it's nice to see Destiny get it as well
    If/when they bring Destiny back ... because we KNOW Raven is gonna do whatever it takes to make that happen, rules or no ... it would be great to see Rogue have some interaction with them. That bit between Rogue and Destiny during Legacy was so touching. Also Raven and Remy sniping each other is completely on brand, but somehow I picture Irene as liking him though?

Also Raven and Remy sniping each other is completely on brand, but somehow I picture Irene as liking him though?
    I could totally see that. It would be a really fun dynamic to see, especially with him and Mystique sniping at each other. Maybe she sees something in his future that she likes? Idk haha In my fan fic I'm working on I have plans to make Destiny a prominent character and am excited for her and Remy to meet for those reasons.
    Make Good Art

If/when they bring Destiny back ... because we KNOW Raven is gonna do whatever it takes to make that happen, rules or no ... it would be great to see Rogue have some interaction with them. That bit between Rogue and Destiny during Legacy was so touching. Also Raven and Remy sniping each other is completely on brand, but somehow I picture Irene as liking him though?
    I would love to see this happen. And hey, if they want to make me extra happy, have KT write it.