Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Another Gambit Pop Vinyl (Bo Staff) will be available at Emerald City Comic-Con...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...arvel-edition/

I also hear that they'll be releasing X-Men Movies 20th Anniversary pops and Rogue is one of them, most likely the green hood look.
    Neat. I think I'll pass on the movie Rogue one though.

No comment re: Excalibur--I dropped it a long time ago. I'm stubbornly waiting it out. Excalibur can't last forever...I can always live off past trades for now. *shrugs*

My detailed rundown copied from the review thread:

The first half of this was much better as far as the story flow, the plot, and the dialogue. Jubilee actually got a chance to do something not related to Shogo and show some personality. The humorous beats for Jubilee and Jaime were good. The fact that Cullen Bloodstone loves karaoke is great. I don't even hate the plot of hunting the warwolves.

To Daredoll's point - Yes, it REALLY bothers me that *A* is colonizing Otherworld in the name of Krakoa, has put Jaime in power as his despot, and absolutely nobody seems to care. *A* basically pulls rank on Betsy when she raises her concerns and she totally bows to his authority on the matter like a good soldier. Frustrating. But I can put a pin in that for now, as I'm certain this is not an accident.

Where this issue most fails me is in the second half during the hunt. We are back to beating the dead horse of Gambit being rightly suspicious and skeptical of *A* and everyone being completely dismissive of him. Also as mentioned we get to see him be pretty ineffectual with his powers ... again. This is becoming so grating. And I'm starting to get seriously annoyed with Rictor's complete buy in to *A* plans. Rogue seems to have lost IQ points between this issue and last as her dialogue and accent are awful and she has nothing to say in empathy or support of her husband (not much in keeping with X-Men Monday). As a former leader of an Avengers team who fought Red Skull and was raised by Mystique and Destiny I expect her to be a lot less gullible than this. Also, here we go again with "calling my move" style action which I hate. And Rogue again draining something/someone completely without consequences. This is all just frustrating and not fun to read and didn't give us anything new except Rogue deciding to wear the perfectly formed warwolve skin cape which isn't weird at all I guess.

Everyone stop drinking the blue kool-aid please.

The art is fine, but I don't love it.

I think Remy needs to defect from this team, that, oh yeah really never was even officially formed or volunteered for anyway, and go join Mystique on taking this whole operation down. Even if she hates his guts, at least he might get treated with some respect. Perhaps Domino and Colossus can join them. At least we're finally seeing other characters question the status quo.

Honestly if this isn't setting up a scenario where Gambit is vindicated, I will pull my hair out. The most redeeming thing about digital only format is the ability to rate an issue. Spoilers, this didn't rate super great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Neat. I think I'll pass on the movie Rogue one though.
    I don't buy anything X-Men-Movie related. It's a hard "NO" for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Honestly if this isn't setting up a scenario where Gambit is vindicated, I will pull my hair out.
    He probably won't. Betsy will take the credit, it's pretty much her book.

I only hope two things happen.1) Rogue abandon the xmen all the books are being pathetic because of Hickman's premise of driving them crazy fans. and the theme of the resurrections from time to time makes me fed up. I didn't know that most mutants were so easyof killingRogue must help mystique and break Xavier and Magneto's skull. They keep manipulating everyone. and honor Destiny's memory and leave that island of hell.

rogue can technically return with the Avengers. and I would be much better with them. than in any of the horrible mutant free these days.

Let Rogue return when all this crap is finished.

So, a lot has already been said here, but after enjoying the first half of this issue (a fox hunt in an Excalibur book is a great shout, I'm still interested in the overarching plot, I was here for Cullen's return and the Jubilee scene about Shogo, one of the many fascinating aspects of Krakoa) I was ready for Remy and Rogue to shine in a hunt with more space after the opening arc and... welp.

The Warwolf scene was terrible and reflected badly on everyone and while I also get, like others have noted, how Remy is being marginalised (c.f. Mystique and others dissenting) the lack of effectiveness off his powers and skills is brutal. Not to mention that Rogue didn't back him up.

Still digging the book, but the Rambit parts are properly bumming me out now. Really hope that #8 delivers a moment - I was so hopeful after X-Men Monday! I could see why things were the way they were in #1-6, even if I wished they were better for Rogue and Gambit, but this was a big disappointment. Just something from her to perk him up, even if it didn't work fully, would have been a boon. It sucks when your partner is hurting and you can't make it better - explore that! In #7 Remy is being portrayed like a sullen teenager dragged out to a park with his family when he'd rather be playing Fortnite, but he has a legitimate grievance. And a wife! So this simile doesn't work!

Also, Cullen's turn was hella sudden and I didn't care for that especially. He's a dark, sullen lad after Arena and Undercover, but I don't really get his angle beyond being offended by their lack of decorum? Don't really rate his chances, even if he has developed since then, and it just made me wish we got Elsa Bloodstone instead. Her and Pete Wisdom would be a right laugh.
    Last edited by Jumpyshark; 02-13-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Remy got chastised for rushing to aid a civilian.

Betsy needs a sandwich.

It's a shame, because Strikeforce has been great imo and Wiccan and Hulkling were so cute together in Death's Head. I'm hoping that the -=[A]=- plot is the issue and maybe we'll get past it to unleash the Rambit, but I really need to see something in #8 now, or else I think I'm going to be wishing that Rogue & Gambit were in a different X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    It's a shame, because Strikeforce has been great imo and Wiccan and Hulkling were so cute together in Death's Head. I'm hoping that the -=[A]=- plot is the issue and maybe we'll get past it to unleash the Rambit, but I really need to see something in #8 now, or else I think I'm going to be wishing that Rogue & Gambit were in a different X-book.
    I'm not leading the cheer for Tini's Billy, personally, but I'm giving Excalibur this last arc and then I have to drop it from my pull.
    Respectfully, I'm not here for a Betsy & Poccy & Friends book. I miss Mr & Mrs X and all the sexy action so much.

I'm glad that at least Gambit has some escape from the horror that has been Excalibur in the upcoming children of the atom title. The two of them really need to jump ship ASAP. Neither of them are doing well in Howard's hands.

I just wanted to say that southern and/or Appalachian accents have nothing to do with intellect. Rogue has culture and those of us who speak like her have to constantly prove ourselves to folks who speak standard English and we shouldn’t have to. Personally I’ve tried to code switch but it never worked out. My accent is part of me just like Rogue lol I’m just sayin’ don’t shame the accent, ya’ll.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I just wanted to say that southern and/or Appalachian accents have nothing to do with intellect. Rogue has culture and those of us who speak like her have to constantly prove ourselves to folks who speak standard English and we shouldn’t have to. Personally I’ve tried to code switch but it never worked out. My accent is part of me just like Rogue lol I’m just sayin’ don’t shame the accent, ya’ll.
    I agree with this, but as a Northern Brit. We have our slangs and our vernacular; but it doesn't mean we're any less educated. Sometimes when we use it, it just feels right, y'know lad?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Sorry if you misunderstood. I'm not criticizing her accent. I LOVE her accent. I'm a huge Rogue fan and have been appreciating her accent for decades. I don't think her accent was conveyed very well this issue or that the content of her dialogue or actions reflected her normally far more adept intellect.

Happy valentine's day, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

I hate. And Rogue again draining something/someone completely without consequences. This is all just frustrating and not fun to read and didn't give us anything new except Rogue deciding to wear the perfectly formed warwolve skin cape which isn't weird at all I guess.

Everyone stop drinking the blue kool-aid please.

The art is fine, but I don't love it.
    Rogue now has control of hee powers. and its absorption powers are several in one, when it has no control. that with control she can separate them. and he was doing that for many years in legacy

She could well kill someone with her drain without having consequences. It should only focus on absorbing powers and vital energy. or just vital energy. and not absorb the psyche or give up the psyche. That is the only thing that would be an effectnegative It's the only thing I liked about the book.rogue patented rear.

that's the only thing that has been good in the book the Rogue action sequences.

from the rest tiny does not know the character. rogue has new powers of absorption at a distance and is not aware. I don't like gambit either as a punching bag but that's normal.

I don't like the same the book. who complain about Gambit? She has been a complaining dog for many years now. and he has been portrayed by the majority for over a decade as a sight of rather weak power. E complain that their powers do not do much or nothing. It is usual.

Only Kelly Tompsom seemed to want to give love to Gambit. and still criticize her.

I just hope Rogue returns with the Avengers. The xbooks these days stink and it's Hickman's fault. The theme of the resurrections makes me fed up