Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1563

New official Disney X-Men merch

Those designs again... !

I get the feeling like we would have gotten an announcement of a cartoon if not for COVID. ;_;

Apparently there have been discussions with Disney to make a sequel to TAS
    I would like to think that all this marketing with the TAS team is not trivial, but I try not to have too much hope

Astonishing Member

I know right? But seriously, there was plenty of existing artwork Disney throw on shirts, but they specially commissioned new, updated TAS designs and they keeping them consistent across different media...gah, it’s impossible to not to speculate!

!!!! It's so great to see official X-Men merch!!!

Even MORE exciting to see the TAS character lineup with Rogue and Gambit front and center.

And I agree, it's hard to believe they would take the time to do these redesigns if there wasn't more in the works!

I'm SUPER digging it!

Alright ... I'm not buying Excalibur #13 tomorrow morning. I've tried for 12 issues to give it a chance.

If any of y'all do, let me know if Romy appears and if so, whether it's worth forking over the cash to read it.

I'm not spending a cent more on this book otherwise. I want to support them in the worst way, but I seriously can't if we don't see some improvements and I expect this will be all Betsy and Apocalypse X of Swords nonsense anyway that I just don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Alright ... I'm not buying Excalibur #13 tomorrow morning. I've tried for 12 issues to give it a chance.

If any of y'all do, let me know if Romy appears and if so, whether it's worth forking over the cash to read it.

I'm not spending a cent more on this book otherwise. I want to support them in the worst way, but I seriously can't if we don't see some improvements and I expect this will be all Betsy and Apocalypse X of Swords nonsense anyway that I just don't care about.
    The way the last few issues of the crossover have focused solely on the bearers of the swords, I doubt Rogue and Gambit are even appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Apparently there have been discussions with Disney to make a sequel to TAS
    I would like to think that all this marketing with the TAS team is not trivial, but I try not to have too much hope
    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I know right? But seriously, there was plenty of existing artwork Disney throw on shirts, but they specially commissioned new, updated TAS designs and they keeping them consistent across different media...gah, it’s impossible to not to speculate!
    !!!! It's so great to see official X-Men merch!!!

Even MORE exciting to see the TAS character lineup with Rogue and Gambit front and center.

And I agree, it's hard to believe they would take the time to do these redesigns if there wasn't more in the works!

I'm SUPER digging it!
    I agree with you all. I so Hope we get some new animation! And at least we have some new artwork and shirts.

Wise decision.

No Gambit and Rogue in Excalibur 13 as we predicted. Totally forgotten.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-21-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Default Discuss what YOU would love for Gambit/Rogue

I just saw some disappointment in regards to Gambit and Rogue being forgotten by writers.

Well, I'm at the phase now of learning what everyone would love to see for their favorite characters.

So, let's brainstorm! What are some ideas you'd love to see manifest for Gambit and Rogue?

To give you guys a bit of an idea of what to think of... think of me as a scout for bridging fans together. Very soon, a group (large group) of fans will announce and AWESOME project, which allows fans to bring ideas to a Marvel narrative, created by us the fans, FOR us the fans. The leader of this project (well... I think she's the leader lol) is a major Gambit fan, and she has the best ideas and directions to take Gambit and Rogue's development, than any comic, animation, or film writers has done.

The plot STARTS OFF, with many heroes as kids, (such as the X-Men) and we get a foundation of their characters from early age. A young Xavier becomes the guardian of the kids that become the "Young X-Men" (name of the X-Men portion of the series). Then early enough during "The Phoenix Trilogy" a time skip occurs and they're young adults, and we move forward from there. Gambit becomes a very, very important character later on, and his narrative becomes central for how the Phoenix Trilogy in particular, evolves and unfolds all kinds of twists and stuff. Bit a warning, this is definitely not a "kid safe" animation, there's blood violence, some language, suggestive themes, yeah... Also means we have more free reign then if it were on TAS' level

With all that said, pls let's talk, what are some ideas you fans would love, what are some things you feel writers ignore, potential that both Gambit and Rogue were never realized of, let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    No Gambit and Rogue in Excalibur 13 as we predicted. Totally forgotten.
    Thanks for saving me the cash and the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I just saw some disappointment in regards to Gambit and Rogue being forgotten by writers.

Well, I'm at the phase now of learning what everyone would love to see for their favorite characters.

So, let's brainstorm! What are some ideas you'd love to see manifest for Gambit and Rogue?

To give you guys a bit of an idea of what to think of... think of me as a scout for bridging fans together. Very soon, a group (large group) of fans will announce and AWESOME project, which allows fans to bring ideas to a Marvel narrative, created by us the fans, FOR us the fans. The leader of this project (well... I think she's the leader lol) is a major Gambit fan, and she has the best ideas and directions to take Gambit and Rogue's development, than any comic, animation, or film writers has done.

The plot STARTS OFF, with many heroes as kids, (such as the X-Men) and we get a foundation of their characters from early age. A young Xavier becomes the guardian of the kids that become the "Young X-Men" (name of the X-Men portion of the series). Then early enough during "The Phoenix Trilogy" a time skip occurs and they're young adults, and we move forward from there. Gambit becomes a very, very important character later on, and his narrative becomes central for how the Phoenix Trilogy in particular, evolves and unfolds all kinds of twists and stuff. Bit a warning, this is definitely not a "kid safe" animation, there's blood violence, some language, suggestive themes, yeah... Also means we have more free reign then if it were on TAS' level

With all that said, pls let's talk, what are some ideas you fans would love, what are some things you feel writers ignore, potential that both Gambit and Rogue were never realized of, let's do this!
    For Gambit, writers often forget he is an orphan who was abandoned because of his obvious mutant appearance. In fact, writers tend to write him as passing for human and not experiencing any of the discrimination other mutants do and I think that's a huge mistake. They also forget that he had a rough early childhood growing up on the streets essentially in a gang and probably encountered crime of all kinds from an early age besides theft including illicit drugs, sexual assault, prostitution, and murder. He probably had to deal with starvation and homelessness as well. All this would hugely impact his moral compass and make him desperate for belonging. So the Thieves Guild coming along to give him a safe place to live and good dependable meals and clothes on his back in exchange for taking from the perceived rich would come as an easy choice and seem morally justified. He wouldn't understand until later that his new family was using him, no matter the gratitude he felt. Their love and that belonging was commodified and transactional, not unconditional. It came at a price. Unconditional love is something he doesn't know. When people hate on his character because they think he's sleazy or morally corrupt and not heroic, I KNOW that writers have failed to drive this home and missed a huge opportunity.

One thing comics also never fully delivered on for Gambit was giving us more of his missions and connections formed while with the Thieves Guild. He has connections to underworld Marvel characters all over the place including Madripoor that are only briefly touched on. We also don't know who taught him bojitsu or other skills within the Guild. And of course, we don't know his exact relationship with Sinister other than Claremont's The End which isn't considered canon.

As for Rogue, it was never made precisely clear why she ran away from her biological family. We know she didn't like living with her Aunt. Was she abusive? Neglectful? Her father essentially disappeared into thin air after her Mom was presumed dead - it REALLY bothers me he has never resurfaced and we've never seen Rogue look for or encounter him. She also still never revealed her last name. That is pretty extreme. Like it speaks of major mistreatment to cut off your family to that degree and never speak of nor look for them again. Marvel really mishandled her backstory and the timeline of events in regard to when her powers manifested - either after she was with Mystique and Destiny or before.

Gambit and Rogue should have bonded over both having been orphans who were taken in and used for their mutant abilities. Big missed opportunity in the comics. Evo got this right.

It would have been great to see more of Rogue's missions and training with the Brotherhood.

Thanks for saving me the cash and the time.
    Yes, thank you.