Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    That’s delightful! Would you mind me posting in the Nightcrawler thread? Love the cat going after Kurt’s tail.
    Be my guest :-)

What a great and fun drawing! I love it! You do fantastic work, and thanks for sharing this here. I am not on Twitter or any other social network, so I probably miss out on a lot of cool things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    And this also makes me want to yell "Bring Irene back you cowards!" I have always felt like Irene would like Remy somehow even if Mystique and him will never get along.
    Yep, I feel the same way(and it seems like I say that a lot when I read your posts ha, ha). I know her return is definitely coming, but I was disappointed when Hickman brought back practically every single dead character except the only one I have ever actually wanted brought back, Destiny. It was and still is so frustrating. Of course, given the missing time gap whereby we missed seeing everyone's reactions to all the returns and the way Hickman and the other writers have all the characters acting like everything is just the same old, same old with all these formerly dead friends and enemies among them, it may be a blessing in disguise. When Destiny is returned we may actually get to see some reactions and some interactions between her and the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I feel the same (about the Mom's respective reception of Remy)
    I also imagine that for this photo, Irene tells Raven "Oh hold one of the cats, my love, would you?" And Raven begrudgingly accepts, hence the precarious way she holds him.
    Ha, yeah I got the impression of reluctance from the way she was holding the cat. You managed to capture all the individual characters' personality and a lot of personal interplay all in one drawing(i like Rogue reaching for Destiny, but still slightly apart because of Mystique). You can tell this was made by a fan that knows the characters well.
    Last edited by thjan; 11-30-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I love this so much. Nice work!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Ha, yeah I got the impression of reluctance from the way she was holding the cat. You managed to capture all the individual characters' personality and a lot of personal interplay all in one drawing(i like Rogue reaching for Destiny, but still slightly apart because of Mystique). You can tell this was made by a fan that knows the characters well.
    Oh that is so kind of you. I'm so happy that my attempt at body language translated. Hooray!

Spectacular Member

I loved it. It's so simple and so beautiful

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Fokken, beautiful as always

And you guys!! We’re almost to page 100! I promise to post more now that CBR seems to want to remember & store my password again.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Fokken, beautiful as always

And you guys!! We’re almost to page 100! I promise to post more now that CBR seems to want to remember & store my password again.
    Yay! Just in time for the new year and a new thread haha it kind of makes me wonder how many pages this would be if Rogue and Gambit were in a better book...
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yay! Just in time for the new year and a new thread haha it kind of makes me wonder how many pages this would be if Rogue and Gambit were in a better book...
    Bitching on the internet is a National past time. I feel like if they were in a good book, we’d probably all post less

Bitching on the internet is a National past time. I feel like if they were in a good book, we’d probably all post less
    Ha! You're probably right about that. Even with MMX, I tended to nitpick
    Make Good Art

Well except for the fact that the majority of posters for this thread have left because they all dropped Excalibur months ago.

Didn't we have like over 200 last year, maybe even 300 pages?

I mean seriously, go back through the first 30 some pages and see just how many readers have dropped off. I did the math, it's over 90%.

I can't believe this book has survived this long after alienating most of the Gambit and Rogue fans. Even the Betsy stans are pretty lukewarm over in that thread which is saying something. If Apocalypse is the one carrying this book and he's gone now, not much left to stand on.

Would Marvel even listen if we wrote in to point this out?

The 2019 appreciation thread has 179 pages and the 2018 thread has 196 pages. This year's thread has definitely been less active than when we actually had stuff to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well except for the fact that the majority of posters for this thread have left because they all dropped Excalibur months ago.

Didn't we have like over 200 last year, maybe even 300 pages?

I mean seriously, go back through the first 30 some pages and see just how many readers have dropped off. I did the math, it's over 90%.

I can't believe this book has survived this long after alienating most of the Gambit and Rogue fans. Even the Betsy stans are pretty lukewarm over in that thread which is saying something. If Apocalypse is the one carrying this book and he's gone now, not much left to stand on.

Would Marvel even listen if we wrote in to point this out?
    Yeah, I am really curious to see what the future holds for this book. Sales haven't been that great and with people gushing over how much they loved Apoc, I feel like Tini is going to have to really step it up to retain readers. And whatever happens could be a case of "Too Little, Too Late" if fans of the other characters have dropped the book
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, I am really curious to see what the future holds for this book. Sales haven't been that great and with people gushing over how much they loved Apoc, I feel like Tini is going to have to really step it up to retain readers. And whatever happens could be a case of "Too Little, Too Late" if fans of the other characters have dropped the book
    Yeah it would take a lot to win me back at this point. Gambit has to be treated with more respect. Both he and Rogue need a more pivotal role in this new era. The fact we haven't seen any interaction with Mystique, no touchstones to any of their continuity, just ... ugghhh ... what a huge waste.

I will decide about #16 when I see the preview I guess.

Amazing Member

Magik is in Savage Avengers. Why can't Rogue and Gambit be in another book just like her?