Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I am calling the baby being Rogue and Apocalypse's rather than Rogue and Gambit's. Given how much Tini seems to hate Gambit, it will be fitting that Rogue has a baby for someone else so we can all laugh at the poor chump Gambit.
    Oh god no! Anyway, talking about absorption, when Rogue first absorbed Captain Marvel she touched her for too long, didn't kill but kept her powers. Here she absorbs Apocalypse to the point of actually killing him, so shouldn't she keep Apocalypse's powers just like she did with Capt Marvel and Wonderman?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 92090

So far these hypothetical future characters are (left to right): Rogue/Gambit daughter, Gerry Drew, Emma Frost, Molly Hayes, (still not sure), and Dani Cage.

Folks I WANT the story of THIS team so bad! 2nd generation superheroes with Emma as their Prof. X. Tell me that wouldn't be amazing?!
    Oh man, I hope that's their daughter. What is this from btw?
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh man, I hope that's their daughter. What is this from btw?
    It's from KT's Captain Marvel: The End one shot story. Twitter confirms it's Rogue & Gambit's theoretical daughter.

Again The End stories aren't constrained by current 616 continuity, though they can be informed by them. More like a What If/AU.

My thinking is it's probably just a cameo character without a name or maybe even speaking lines. But damn it, at this point I'll take it!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    It's from KT's Captain Marvel: The End one shot story. Twitter confirms it's Rogue & Gambit's theoretical daughter.

Again The End stories aren't constrained by current 616 continuity, though they can be informed by them. More like a What If/AU.

My thinking is it's probably just a cameo character without a name or maybe even speaking lines. But damn it, at this point I'll take it!
    Oh, awesome! I am definitely going to pick that up. Once again, KT is coming in clutch
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Oh god no! Anyway, talking about absorption, when Rogue first absorbed Captain Marvel she touched her for too long, didn't kill but kept her powers. Here she absorbs Apocalypse to the point of actually killing him, so shouldn't she keep Apocalypse's powers just like she did with Capt Marvel and Wonderman?
    Nah that makes to much sense. I vote that it will be handled with an off-panel assumption. Or perhaps "It's magic" will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Nah that makes to much sense. I vote that it will be handled with an off-panel assumption. Or perhaps "It's magic" will be used.
    Yyyyeeeeaaahhhhh, I kind of wondered about that too.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Ooooooh weeee... This was bad. On so many levels. What pains me is that there are so many people making excuses for bad writing. It's not our job to make sense out of all this. That's Tini's job. She had 6 issues to get the job done.

I can't believe the pay off for all this Gambit/Rogue long drawn out nonsense was that hot tub scene. Not to mention how they whole discussion went.

Why is Rogue telling us about a nightmare? Tini had 4.5 issues of Rogue-in-a-box to show us what she may have been going through, but that's it? Womb shut down because I had a nightmare? Being supportive is great, but not even a "hold on, chere, what are saying" from Gambit? #&#& Krakoa law, they don't have to live there. Last I checked they're both stinking rich. Having or not having kids is a discussion every couple of every ilk has the right deliberate.

Tini flew past it like they were talking about buying a car. She blew a chance to have us emphasize and sympathize with a character. Instead she went with the " my choice" angle. That's not exactly how marriage works. Any marriage. This is how divorce occurs. This could have been interesting. In the real world we have to respect each other's wishes. We're not mind readers.

That ain't the case here. We had the ability to live every moment with Rogue. See her come to a conclusion. But nope. Just because. And then Tini had the opportunity to write Gambits response but something tells me she may not have it in her to navigate such a discussion. Which I would ask, why even bother addressing it? There's so much uninteresting stuff going on in Excalibur. Should gone with that instead.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Rogue after killing Apoc should keep his powers. Powers didn' t dissapear. Probably just baby Apoc absorbed his powers.
    I hate it. But I won't be surprised with baby Apoc. Howard and Hickman probably are just laughing from Remy.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Ooooooh weeee... This was bad. On so many levels. What pains me is that there are so many people making excuses for bad writing. It's not our job to make sense out of all this. That's Tini's job. She had 6 issues to get the job done.

I can't believe the pay off for all this Gambit/Rogue long drawn out nonsense was that hot tub scene. Not to mention how they whole discussion went.

Why is Rogue telling us about a nightmare? Tini had 4.5 issues of Rogue-in-a-box to show us what she may have been going through, but that's it? Womb shut down because I had a nightmare? Being supportive is great, but not even a "hold on, chere, what are saying" from Gambit? #&#& Krakoa law, they don't have to live there. Last I checked they're both stinking rich. Having or not having kids is a discussion every couple of every ilk has the right deliberate.

Tini flew past it like they were talking about buying a car. She blew a chance to have us emphasize and sympathize with a character. Instead she went with the " my choice" angle. That's not exactly how marriage works. Any marriage. This is how divorce occurs. This could have been interesting. In the real world we have to respect each other's wishes. We're not mind readers.

That ain't the case here. We had the ability to live every moment with Rogue. See her come to a conclusion. But nope. Just because. And then Tini had the opportunity to write Gambits response but something tells me she may not have it in her to navigate such a discussion. Which I would ask, why even bother addressing it? There's so much uninteresting stuff going on in Excalibur. Should gone with that instead.
    There are so many things to be angry about with this title. For me personally, who loves those character moments, it’s a horrid abyss of negativity. The more I think about it the worse it feels.

The whole team is a void. Betsy is, for some reason, regarded as the leader. She has done monumentally bad. Bad enough that the next arc should be how she vacate that spot. No salvaging that train wreck.

Jubilee is hardly there and when she is she has no real interaction with the rest of them. Does Tini know anything about her? If yes then why doesn’t she use any of it?

Rictor is more about his powers and a new personality.

Rogue has a horrible pep talk with Betsy. A horrible bath talk with generic boyfriend.

Gambit is generic boyfriend/husband. Tini goes out of her way to either not use him or have him talk or behave in a generic way. She has stripped him of personality and hardly uses his powers. So if she disliked him before then why does she dislike this version? The character she writes has extremely little to do with the actual character. Can’t she even like this character she herself has created?

Brian is getting a rough treatment but he is hardly there beyond first issue and issue 6.

She wants to write -A- and was forced to include the rest because someone at Marvel sales know they sell. I wonder if not a -A- maxi would have been a better idea. At least we would have understood what we where getting.

My biggest gripe is how horrible the rest of the characters treat Gambit. Even Rogue seems to brush his feelings aside and talk about her. The rest of them has been bullying him and there is no apologies. No references to their shared history. How idiotic it is to trust -A-. Nothing.
    Last edited by Malachi; 01-24-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rogue after killing Apoc should keep his powers. Powers didn' t dissapear. Probably just baby Apoc absorbed his powers.
    I hate it. But I won't be surprised with baby Apoc. Howard and Hickman probably are just laughing from Remy.
    If this turns out to be true and Rogue gives birth to a Rogue/Apocalypse/Gambit hybrid then I think I'm done reading comics.

Spectacular Member

If this turns out to be true and Rogue gives birth to a Rogue/Apocalypse/Gambit hybrid then I think I'm done reading comics.
    I'm with ya! I started my first boycott when Death happened (after years and years of being a monthly loyal reader), so I would totally do it again with this development. It was only KT's mini that lured me back in (suspicious the whole time). In the two years or so (has it been that long?), I've spent so much on comics - digital and then hard copy (often multiple hard copies/trades/signed copies or trades and so much more). My husband would probably be happy if I stopped the obsessions (he always wonders what the heck I'm buying )

Hickman is here for a long ride. The only thing that can save us is if Marvel Studios has some good plan for Gambit.
    If he will be as lame in MCU then it will be the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    I'm with ya! I started my first boycott when Death happened (after years and years of being a monthly loyal reader), so I would totally do it again with this development. It was only KT's mini that lured me back in (suspicious the whole time). In the two years or so (has it been that long?), I've spent so much on comics - digital and then hard copy (often multiple hard copies/trades/signed copies or trades and so much more). My husband would probably be happy if I stopped the obsessions (he always wonders what the heck I'm buying )
    I always forget we have a similar timeline. And yeah ... my comic purchases and enthusiasm have been dwindling since HoX/PoX/DoX has launched. R&G brought me back, XM:Red, AoXM, & MMX kept me here. Now ... it's nothing but character loyalty keeping me around. NM and Marauders are fun, but it's Excalibur I really wanted to love.

It really does make no sense that Rogue absorbed/killed Apocalypse without any consequences to herself or him. Are we to assume she unloaded his essence when she opened the gate? Lack of clarity is frustrating in this story. Which then does lead to the question, what if there WAS a consequence to Rogue? If she has an Apocalypse kid I'm out.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I've been out since issue 2 or 3. I read issue 4 5 and 6 on the stands. Even made an disgusted sound that made people look at me today. Couldn't help it.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Amazing Member

Don't you remember Tini Howard talking on twitter about a baby design coming to the X-books more cute than Baby Yoda?