Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 92482

And here's preview art from AIPT today.

And yes JDW, I think your take on disliking X-Men as literal family is a bad one. I love them as chosen family and friends also, but that sort of leads into the literal family thing eventually unless we're keeping all the characters in some kind of college age stasis ... oh wait ... *facepalm*
    Why is she in the '90s costume again instead of the new one??? I'm sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why is she in the '90s costume again instead of the new one??? I'm sad.
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. What was the point of all that secrecy around her new costume if they are just going to keep using her old one?

To tell you the truth I hardly distinguish her 90's and her new costume. They are super similar. Dunno, the whole costume reveal thing seems like part of a massive tease for absolutely no payoff. But that's just me.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/...151482882?s=19

Holy crap guys! A writer aside from KT that actually likes Gambit?!

So long as he doesn't give him that gross mustache, I'm game for this. Although hopefully it wouldn't be in a "let's see how ridiculous we can make this character look" sort of way.
    The mustache was so ridiculously over the top that I full on loved it.

Fab N responded back about how much more interesting Gambit is outside of the X-Men. I totally agree he’s a lot more fun when he’s allowed to flex his grey morality more playfully but not because of the guilds. I just don’t find the guild stuff interesting (outside of like his father or Bella [or Mercy!! Where is Mercy??])

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    The mustache was so ridiculously over the top that I full on loved it.

Fab N responded back about how much more interesting Gambit is outside of the X-Men. I totally agree he’s a lot more fun when he’s allowed to flex his grey morality more playfully but not because of the guilds. I just don’t find the guild stuff interesting (outside of like his father or Bella [or Mercy!! Where is Mercy??])
    I would love an updated take on the Guilds. More like the international crime syndicate in the Asmsus run. And Jean-Luc has to pop in just to cause trouble. But yeah, Mercy needs some more air time as well!

But I'm a no on the stache unless we get the beard with it. LOL

Well that pretty much summarizes our whole discussion last week in a nutshell.

I find Cates writing a bit too "these go up to 11" quite frequently, but that could actually work really well for Gambit. His marriage wouldn't even have to be an impediment to this: just have Rogue raising some hell with him on occasion as they do missions for the Quiet Council (i.e. handling distractions and being his backup for when quiet isn't an option). Go all-in with Guild nonsense (I love the Guild nonsense!) and New Orleans, and give people the full Gambit. Some fun guest stars (BLACK CAT MEETS HIS CATS - I'm waiting for this in Black Cat, which is a really excellent series) and some flashbacks to past capers would be fun too - he could be telling Rogue over wine or something and you could have fun with her mock disbelieving him and him being a narrator with flair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I find Cates writing a bit too "these go up to 11" quite frequently, but that could actually work really well for Gambit. His marriage wouldn't even have to be an impediment to this: just have Rogue raising some hell with him on occasion as they do missions for the Quiet Council (i.e. handling distractions and being his backup for when quiet isn't an option). Go all-in with Guild nonsense (I love the Guild nonsense!) and New Orleans, and give people the full Gambit. Some fun guest stars (BLACK CAT MEETS HIS CATS - I'm waiting for this in Black Cat, which is a really excellent series) and some flashbacks to past capers would be fun too - he could be telling Rogue over wine or something and you could have fun with her mock disbelieving him and him being a narrator with flair.
    Oh that COULD be quite fun! I wonder what Cates would have in mind?

I also wonder what the Guild's position is on their King being a resident of Krakoa now? What if they were hired to steal Krakoan tech ... talk about conflicts of interest. Not like it's never been a potential issue with him and the X-Men either.

But yeah, I see a lot of general X-readers not wanting Guild stories while fans of the character generally do. If the Guild could be given more weight as a Marvel underworld organization that would help. Tying into Black Cat and the Spiderman universe is a way to grant that expanded legitimacy for sure. Asmus made Tombstone a pretty good Gambit villain for his run. And the New Orleans branch just happens to have some extra fun regional flare. Why not lean INTO that with Dr. Voodoo and Dr. Strange?

Cates suggested Gambit and Rogue getting married, so I'm not surprised that he's a Gambit fan. Yay for Cates!

I love love love Guild stories. I really want a new Gambit solo--even if it's a 12 issue run, I'll take it. Anything that shows him in a good light, I'm all for. I hope Cates pitches something with Gambit to Marvel editorial.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 02-03-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Cates suggested Gambit and Rogue getting married, so I'm not surprised that he's a Gambit fan. Yay for Cates!

I love love love Guild stories. I really want a new Gambit solo--even if it's a 12 issue run, I'll take it. Anything that shows him in a good light, I'm all for. I hope Cates pitches something with Gambit to Marvel editorial.
    Ok...say Ol'Remy gets his solo. What's going to happen to Rogue? Stuck at home, taking care of the cats?

I've always maintained that Rogue should be leading a team. As much as I prefer a duo book, I don't think we'll get another one anytime soon. They don't have to be attached at the hip. A Gambit solo usually entains a few Rogue cameos regardless. Of course I prefer them in the same book, but Excalibur hasn't been too kind to Remy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I've always maintained that Rogue should be leading a team. As much as I prefer a duo book, I don't think we'll get another one anytime soon. They don't have to be attached at the hip. A Gambit solo usually entains a few Rogue cameos regardless. Of course I prefer them in the same book, but Excalibur hasn't been too kind to Remy.
    I like the idea of Rogue leading a team. What type of team, I'm not sure. It wouldn't bother me if she leads another Unity team. It would break the xenophobic funk the X-Books are currently stuck in.

I mean, realistically I don't see us getting another Gambit solo anytime soon. Maybe a miniseries at most? Solos are a hard sell. Still ... maybe someday? I'd like to know what Donny has in mind anyway.

And I don't see a return of the Unity team happening again soon either, at least until we move past the current Krakoan status quo. Something tells me the F4 crossover will not improve relations.

They definitely don't need to be joined at the hip. Some cameos outside their shared book seems like a great idea.

Of course I'd love another duo book, but even that needs to be built upon a very specific premise to work. The notion of being sent out on undercover missions is a fun one.

Unfortunately their best bet for now probably still remains having significant roles in a bigger team book. If only Excalibur could deliver on their potential.

Not to get TOO excited about anything, but what do you think Chris means here:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...231554560?s=19