Larraz and Gracia's magic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    20201125_143134.jpg

Comics official
    Oh, you found it. Where is that from?

I stole it off Twitter using #XSpoliers

I stole it off Twitter using #XSpoliers
    I saw it there too. But I can't find it in books.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Oh, you found it. Where is that from?
    is X of Swords Hanbook

Looking at the Reign of X teaser art ... are we to assume yet another nothing sandwich year for Rogue and Gambit?

Looking at the Reign of X teaser art ... are we to assume yet another nothing sandwich year for Rogue and Gambit?
    Definentely. Not even surprised.
    Reign teaser shows the same characters that were used before. At this point we know whom Hickman likes and about whom he don't care. I am not buying any books except Larraz and Gracia awesome visual stuff to read about Mr and Mrs Wallpaper.

20201125_154830.jpg

I just had to flip this around.

20201125_154830.jpg

I just had to flip this around.
    Small things like this makes me happy

I don't expect Excalibur to become better for Romy fans but damn, it shouldn't be so hard to make it at least readable for Gambit and Rogue fans.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    is X of Swords Hanbook
    Oh, thank you.

I agree. It would take a minimum effort to care about your characters and realize they have a ton of fans and that treating them with some dignity and respect would go a long way to make those fans want to read your book.

I mean, look at Dakken. He's been written as a reprehensible creature many times over, yet Leah shows us his best side in X-Factor - how competent he is, how charming he can be.

Meanwhile Gambit gets absolute character assassination at every turn and Rogue goes from the fridge to cluelessville. Jubilee has one dimension and that's "I'm a Mom." As a Mom reading this ... no that's not how Moms are and it's getting old.

I'm trying to talk myself into giving #16 a chance now that Betsy and Apocalypse are out of the picture. Maybe they'll be given a chance to shine? But what is to convince me it's worth it though?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 11-25-2020 at 03:08 PM.

I agree. It would take a minimum effort to care about your characters and realize they have a ton of fans and that treating them with some dignity and respect would go a long way to make those fans want to read your book.

I mean, look at Dakken. He's been written as a reprehensible creature many times over, yet Leah shows us his best side in X-Factor - how competent he is, how charming he can be.

Meanwhile Gambit gets absolutely character assassination and Rogue goes from the fridge to cluelessville.

I'm trying to talk myself into giving #16 a chance. What is to convince me it's worth it though?
    I won't buy it. Nothing showed that I should support it. X of Swords is the best indicator of it. Gambit and Rogue were at Citadel when everything started but then just dissapered because Tini and Hickman don't care about them and don't want to use. If Apoc to be gone from Excalibur then it all will be just about Betsy like solicits says.
    It is not a good book and I won't support it to live longer.

What frustrates me is that we have 2 writers who really care for Rogue (not sure about Gambit) in Duggan and Leah, currently writing the X-Books, but I doubt editorial will let 2 of Excalibur's high-profile members be whisked away. Of couse, I'm theorizing that they'd want to write Rogue again, but I can't believe they wouldn't treat the character better than what we're getting.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    What frustrates me is that we have 2 writers who really care for Rogue (not sure about Gambit) in Duggan and Leah, currently writing the X-Books, but I doubt editorial will let 2 of Excalibur's high-profile members be whisked away. Of couse, I'm theorizing that they'd want to write Rogue again, but I can't believe they wouldn't treat the character better than what we're getting.
    Honestly, if Rogue had to go to another book and Gambit had to stay, I would be fine. One of them deserves to be written well (although, I'll admittedly be a little nervous with Duggan since he just had to pair her with someone when he was writing her)
    Make Good Art