Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Honestly I think the hairbrushing thing is adorable. I just want to see the admiration going both ways.
    Missed my point, sis. It's not the hair brushing. I've brushed my wife's hair. It's the cumulative effect. As you say, you'd like to see the adoration go both ways. Well, it hasn't (as you know) and now this one way love fest has amounted to Gambit grooming his wife... It's horribly uneven.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That's why I really think they should be in different team books. That way, we could have each of them with their own storyline and interacting with other charactars AND they could guest star in each other books to give us some fun, yummy couple scenes.
    I support this. I was always a little tentative on them being in a book together. I figured someone would do this, especially in one way more than the other...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The adoration hasn't gone both ways because...story-wise, Rogue has been in a coma for five of the six books released. She woke up at the end of issue five and gave o--(A)--o a fatal beatdown for touching her man (that's true adoration, right there). Then it was off to Otherworld to fight, in issue six...no time for adoration, too busy punching. Then Hot-tub scene...for some mutual adoration of each other's bodies.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-11-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Missed my point, sis. It's not the hair brushing. I've brushed my wife's hair. It's the cumulative effect. As you say, you'd like to see the adoration go both ways. Well, it hasn't (as you know) and now this one way love fest has amounted to Gambit grooming his wife... It's horribly uneven.
    Mmmm, I don't think I was missing your point in the least? ��

There is nothing to say this characterization couldn't be evened out still and fixed or that we won't yet get an actual independent subplot for Gambit in this book. It's entirely possible to make this happen even still.

Now whether we will see that is much more dubious. The first 6 issues have not been encouraging. But unhappy or not, the book isn't doing poorly and thus will not be ending soon. So a separate book scenario, while it sounds lovely, isn't very likely to happen soon unless it's a guest star situation.

In the meantime, if future issues haven't gone to print there is still a chance for Tini to take some feedback ... if she wants it ... and hopefully make some needed adjustments. Remy isn't the only character suffering. Jubilee has been very one note too.

One note? I forgot she was even in the book...
    Guild Member

Mmmm, I don't think I was missing your point in the least? ��

There is nothing to say this characterization couldn't be evened out still and fixed or that we won't yet get an actual independent subplot for Gambit in this book. It's entirely possible to make this happen even still.

Now whether we will see that is much more dubious. The first 6 issues have not been encouraging. But unhappy or not, the book isn't doing poorly and thus will not be ending soon. So a separate book scenario, while it sounds lovely, isn't very likely to happen soon unless it's a guest star situation.

In the meantime, if future issues haven't gone to print there is still a chance for Tini to take some feedback ... if she wants it ... and hopefully make some needed adjustments. Remy isn't the only character suffering. Jubilee has been very one note too.
    I love how upbeat you are, sis. But as you said, what we've been given isn't encouraging. I'm also concerned about the overall climate which I don't think will incentivize such a correction. As you said, the book's doing well. Why would it need to change? Do the powers that be even want such a thing? Do they even see an issue? I don't think so, but... Tomorrow-tomorrow, and all that...
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I love how upbeat you are, sis. But as you said, what we've been given isn't encouraging. I'm also concerned about the overall climate which I don't think will incentivize such a correction. As you said, the book's doing well. Why would it need to change? Do the powers that be even want such a thing? Do they even see an issue? I don't think so, but... Tomorrow-tomorrow, and all that...
    I mean, Tini's responses for XMM at least seem to be more in line with what I'm hoping for and very genuine. I honestly doubt she's trying to make us miserable.

Road to good intentions and all that ...

If things don't get better by tomorrow's next issue then in my opinion they'll never will.
    For me there are no more excuses, the first arc is done, she had time to get used to writing a big X-men book, she got time to do more character research, Rogue is out her comma so that element of drama is finally over and she had plenty of time to read fan feedback; so it is now or never for Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    If things don't get better by tomorrow's next issue then in my opinion they'll never will.
    For me there are no more excuses, the first arc is done, she had time to get used to writing a big X-men book, she got time to do more character research, Rogue is out her comma so that element of drama is finally over and she had plenty of time to read fan feedback; so it is now or never for Howard.
    I feel the same. Even more so I’m looking for interaction between the teammates. Gambit and Jubilee talking with each other. Rogue and Rictor. Rogue and Jubilee.
    The other big point is consequences and follow ups. Rogue was in a magic coma and apocalypse has had his machinations. Either Gambit saved Rogue or he jeopardized their plans. We need some sort of follow up in that. What does his teammates think? Will Betsy be called for her shoddy leadership?

In general I feel Tini doesn’t value these moments. The payoff moments. She has had 6 issues but often she cuts these meetings short or skip them. With issue 7 she has no more excuses to hide behind. It’s now or never.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I feel the same. Even more so I’m looking for interaction between the teammates. Gambit and Jubilee talking with each other. Rogue and Rictor. Rogue and Jubilee.
    The other big point is consequences and follow ups. Rogue was in a magic coma and apocalypse has had his machinations. Either Gambit saved Rogue or he jeopardized their plans. We need some sort of follow up in that. What does his teammates think? Will Betsy be called for her shoddy leadership?

In general I feel Tini doesn’t value these moments. The payoff moments. She has had 6 issues but often she cuts these meetings short or skip them. With issue 7 she has no more excuses to hide behind. It’s now or never.
    I am with you so hard on this. Especially the Betsy thing. Yeah, let's not only blindly follow Apocalypse but also take his side and treat Gambit like he's not totally justified in not trusting the guy
    Make Good Art

Yeah, I agree. All these things should be happening. Should have been happening all along. The space has been there. It doesn't take much to add them. There is no particular justification I can make for the disconnect between intentions and product. Only that I hope it can improve? There's no reason it can't unless these things aren't being recognized as lacking.

I've already dropped my hard copy and am swapping to digital only. The last thing I want is to do is totally drop the book with the two characters I returned to comics for.

So hoping for the best is all I've got to offer. We can quit the book entirely and wait it out otherwise. I'm not there YET. But if you are, then you are.

Yeah, I agree. All these things should be happening. Should have been happening all along. The space has been there. It doesn't take much to add them. There is no particular justification I can make for the disconnect between intentions and product. Only that I hope it can improve? There's no reason it can't unless these things aren't being recognized as lacking.

I've already dropped my hard copy and am swapping to digital only. The last thing I want is to do is totally drop the book with the two characters I returned to comics for.

So hoping for the best is all I've got to offer. We can quit the book entirely and wait it out otherwise. I'm not there YET. But if you are, then you are.
    Yes buy it if you want. At least the art is pretty whatever happens.

It will have to improve or we will stop talking about it. Witch is in many ways the worst that can happen. There are only so many times you can complain about the same things until you get bored and stop.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh, that is gorgeous.

Another Gambit Pop Vinyl (Bo Staff) will be available at Emerald City Comic-Con...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...arvel-edition/

I also hear that they'll be releasing X-Men Movies 20th Anniversary pops and Rogue is one of them, most likely the green hood look.
    Last edited by Sparta; 02-11-2020 at 08:00 PM.