Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1563

Hey can someone update me on what Rogues powers currently are besides her baseline absorption?

Does she still fly, have superstrength, invulnerability and Ms. Marvels powers?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well except for the fact that the majority of posters for this thread have left because they all dropped Excalibur months ago.
    I mean, COVID happened too. Comics went AWOL for months and a lot of us had other things / stress on our minds. But yeah, Excalibur being hot garbage hasn’t certainly helped. How do you screw up a book with Jubilee, Gambit & Rogue?

100 PAGES, WOOO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Hey can someone update me on what Rogues powers currently are besides her baseline absorption?

I believe Rogue still retains some of Wonder Man powers.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I mean, COVID happened too. Comics went AWOL for months and a lot of us had other things / stress on our minds. But yeah, Excalibur being hot garbage hasn’t certainly helped. How do you screw up a book with Jubilee, Gambit & Rogue?

100 PAGES, WOOO!!!!!
    I've been asking myself that same question for about a year now. Apparently by making Apocalypse the primary focus and doing nothing interesting with the rest of the team other than having them prop up Apoc
    Make Good Art

I mean, COVID happened too. Comics went AWOL for months and a lot of us had other things / stress on our minds. But yeah, Excalibur being hot garbage hasnÂ’t certainly helped. How do you screw up a book with Jubilee, Gambit & Rogue?

100 PAGES, WOOO!!!!!
    I mean yes, fair point. And woooohooo to 100! Glad we got there before the end of the year at least.

On the flip side, the other books have been selling gang busters despite COVID. I mean the majority of people world wide are trapped in their homes desperate for any new media to pass the time and take our minds off this hellscape. It's a low bar - looking at you Tiger King. LOL And there's still digital comics available and curbside pickup for shops still keeping afloat. It's not stopping most comic readers.

I do wonder who the focus will shift to with the big A gone, but have to presume that it's now Captain Britian Betsy that will drive the plot. Romy doesn't have to drive the plot for me if the ride was even halfway enjoyable and maybe they got to steer once in a blue moon or there was a worthwhile destination. And that's the thing with comics, no one actually expects their characters to have a nice time most of the story, but I'd hope the journey was at least entertaining and we would get something out of it in the end. How does one misunderstand these characters to such a degree as to make them not only not fun, but nearly unbearable?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 12-02-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post

She lost Captain Marvel's powers quite a while back and as previous poster mentioned now has retained Wonderman's powers (this happened during the Uncanny Avengers run) which are quite similar to CM including flight, invulnerability, and superstrength on top of her absorption powers. She now has a degree of control over her absorption powers. This is seemingly affected by her mental state and it has been implied that it is being/has been affected by Krakoa somehow. She may or may not have a ranged absorption ability still, this hasn't been clarified since Excalibur started.

ROX001-min.jpg

Art From X-Men Monday Interview- Unsurprisingly nothing at all mentioned about Rogue or Gambit. I'm guessing this is taken from Excalibur #16. Interesting that Rogue is back in her 90s look again, while the rest of the team is in their redesigns. Not that it matter since they're so samey. Love seeing Rogue looking in charge and pissed off here. Hopefully there's a worthwhile story to go with the great art - last chance to decide whether I stay on reading this book. Sounds like new titles are on the horizon, but no hint at either of them getting a significant appearance on those or moving outside of Excalibur.

Kind of dissapointed Cates didn't pull Gambit into his King in Black story, but perhaps he will yet?

Meanwhile CotA is pushed back to March now.

On a separate note, at least one kind of funny question happened in the BotA JDW interview asking why Gambit wasn't in XoS. Like ... no real good answer given except "too many mutants", but it was a good laugh about what would happen if Remy charged up magical Tarot cards. Although it's weird when you consider we HAVE kinda had that story skimmed past in one Gambit run and the Austin era plus that amazing Gambit 2012 cover.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 12-07-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Rogue also just got a lovely Marvel 101 video
    Some in the comments think this is a teaser for a possible upcoming MCU introduction (through Captain Marvel II)
    I would like to share their optimism

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up too much for whatever new books. I'm assuming it will be characters that don't have books already. Unless they decide to move Rogue and Gambit, which would be nice. I just don't think anyone cares about them enough to ask for them. Editorial definitely doesn't
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    ROX001-min.jpg
    Hopefully there's a worthwhile story to go with the great art - last chance to decide whether I stay on reading this book.
    They’re in their non-Outerworld gear (no hood on Gambit, no face paint on Rictor) so Rogue must be ripping someone apart in the UK or Krokoa. This issue is without The Big A & Betsy so it’s going to be interesting to see Tini handle the cast she hasn’t really touched very much in the run so far.

but it was a good laugh about what would happen if Remy charged up magical Tarot cards. Although it's weird when you consider we HAVE kinda had that story skimmed past in one Gambit run and the Austin era plus that amazing Gambit 2012 cover.
    Ugh, that series run was awful. And did Gambit charge any of those mystical tarot cards? I only remember him using one of the cards strapped to his chest to blind what’s her name.

Gambit does have the card deck he stole from Outerworld which is hopefully magickal so maybe we will get an answer?

Ooohhhh love that Marvel 101. I seriously want Rogue introduced in Captain Marvel II in the worst way ... like maybe not as the A plot villain, but like at least a B plot villain that takes her down at the end or is referenced in the credits scenes complete with Mystique and Destiny. This is the way to give us the Rogue we deserve. And yes it's a huge emotional trauma for them both and that's what makes it such a good story. It's a way to narratively take Carol down from a godlike level of power and make Rogue the flying brick we didn't see in the Fox movies with a truly villainous background and need for redemption.

TheyÂ’re in their non-Outerworld gear (no hood on Gambit, no face paint on Rictor) so Rogue must be ripping someone apart in the UK or Krokoa. This issue is without The Big A & Betsy so itÂ’s going to be interesting to see Tini handle the cast she hasnÂ’t really touched very much in the run so far.
    Yeah this will be super telling for me whether she cares at all about the rest of the team. Rogue is the natural leader of the group and I'd like to see her step up here. And if Tini hasn't taken any feedback from Gambit fans by now she isn't going to. Show us why they are even here and what you plan to actually do with/for them.

Ugh, that series run was awful. And did Gambit charge any of those mystical tarot cards? I only remember him using one of the cards strapped to his chest to blind whatÂ’s her name.

Gambit does have the card deck he stole from Outerworld which is hopefully magickal so maybe we will get an answer?
    I don't recall him throwing any, just somehow getting visions through them? But honestly if Tini doesn't do something interesting with the stolen deck why bother making note of them? Then again if I'm going on precedent ...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks! Cool video.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yay! Just in time for the new year and a new thread haha it kind of makes me wonder how many pages this would be if Rogue and Gambit were in a better book...
    In the AIPT preview images today one of the panels included Rogue and Remy (https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/07/x-...arousel-330224), and I immediately had to wonder if that would be all the camera time they got in Excalibur this month. When was the last time they spoke in a panel?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I believe Rogue still retains some of Wonder Man powers.
    I thought/feared that Rogue was going to keep that Apocalypse look she had after absorbing him, but Howard continued to ignore her and her look reverted.