Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh boy. What are the odds that he hits his head in the next panel and then gets scolded by Betsy for doing something dumb?
    I’ve consulted the magic 8 balls - it responded with “all signs point to yes”

In other news, water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh boy. What are the odds that he hits his head in the next panel and then gets scolded by Betsy for doing something dumb?

But really, that is a cool panel. Hopefully it means good things!
    Yeah....what is HAPPENING in that panel though?

Excalibur 10

Last edited by Purplevit; 06-10-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Is that a thing? A thing I was completely unaware of that Gambit can do? Did he just...like...absorb an explosion? Or...?

It is not a thing. He hadn't done it before. Tini just don`t know how his powers works or thought that she is writing Shaw or Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is not a thing. He hadn't done it before. Tini just don`t know how his powers works or thought that she is writing Shaw or Bishop.
    Yeeeeaaahhhhh ... so that was interesting.

Agree, that's not how his powers have ever been established to work. As you say, that's how Bishop and Shaw manipulate kinetic energy - they absorb it from their surroundings and redirect it. My understanding is that Remy manipulates and converts existing potential energy into kinetic energy from his own body and objects he is in contact with. He has never absorbed energy. So while I'm all for establishing new ways to use powers, this one seems really out of left field. It was so nice to see him do something useful and cool for a change, but it did seem kind of thrown in there in a token way. I dunno. At least he wasn't incompetent or the butt of any jokes. So progress?

And you know what? I was so glad to see Rogue use her head and say no to absorbing Jaimie's powers for good logical reasons. So a win there.

As for the overall plot ... I don't know wtf is even going on and not in a fun shenanigans kind of way either. Frankly the whole thing has been exhausting. I think we're supposed to be enjoying all these clues on some fun mystery about whatever A is up to?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    As for the overall plot ... I don't know wtf is even going on and not in a fun shenanigans kind of way either. Frankly the whole thing has been exhausting. I think we're supposed to be enjoying all these clues on some fun mystery about whatever A is up to?
    What clues, though? Nothing makes sense. At least, not in an interesting way. We finally have an issue without Apocalypse to rob the spotlight, but then Tini decides to bring in Kate and Rachel and yet again sideline the rest of the book's own cast. It IS exhausting.

I didn't think Rogue sounded particularly savy. She does nothing. She says some words when some basic exposition is needed. That bizarre scene with Gambit and the missile is thrown at us to see if showing FEATS will satisfy when all we want is character development. Betsy is so incompetent in this that it's hard to root for her.

Agree. Rachel and Kitty weren`t needed. The whole team are wallpapers. Betsy is annoying. Excalibur is not good.

I actually enjoyed seeing Kate and Rachel and her interactions with Betsy. But when the best moment of the book goes to the guest-stars, something is not right.

WTF was I reading. Now I skipped the scenes where Gambit wasn't doing anything so my comment has nothing to do with whatever plot Tini is enjoying with the rest of the comic.

Gambit can't do that to a missile. On so many levels it doesn't work.

If he reversers the flow of kinetic energy from actual-> potential he might have stopped the missile's trajectory. Still that power belongs to Inertia from Squadron Supreme.

If he absorbed the impact&explosion he's Shaw or Bishop. Perhaps to a lesser degree Canonball working on peak. Still absorbing the impact and explosion when it comes to kinectic energy doesn't disolve the missile in a purple haze.

Whatever he did wasn't Gambit or how his powers work. It's rather baffling. It doesn't even work when you add the vague mumbo jumbo of Jamie using his reality powers since Gambit stepped into the path of the missile with the intent to do what he did believing it to be a missile.

Other then that we have the "steal a boat" part witch just shows us how high strung and insufferable Betsy is under Tini's pen.

Nothing new.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-the-mcu.html/

Rogue and Gambit
    According to insider reports, Rogue may join Captain Marvel 2 as an adversary, providing a link to Mystique’s Brotherhood of Mutants. As is the case in the comics, the character will start off fighting for the bad guys before transitioning to the X-Men as a primary hero. However, according to Marvel insider Mikey Sutton, Gambit is also set to join the franchise.

Gambit will reportedly find his way to the MCU via a Disney+, western-themed show about the character’s origin story. The show will feature”gritty action” with a “New Orleans flavor” according to Sutton.

With both Gambit and Rogue set to join (likely as part of Phase 5), the two are destined to find their way to one another, and their romance is bound to take flight under the Disney umbrella.

Will the two keep each other just bad enough for our viewing pleasure? Will they be good when necessary, but always work to serve themselves? The MCU may have a Bonnie and Clyde type trajectory for these two, yet with a more heroic slant.

To be fair it’s a separate reality so that version of Gambit could have different powers.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Excalibur 10

Well, that's an interesting development. Cool page, at least.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    To be fair it’s a separate reality so that version of Gambit could have different powers.
    Yes. Alt universe. Will see if it was planned or just a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    What clues, though? Nothing makes sense. At least, not in an interesting way. We finally have an issue without Apocalypse to rob the spotlight, but then Tini decides to bring in Kate and Rachel and yet again sideline the rest of the book's own cast. It IS exhausting.

I didn't think Rogue sounded particularly savy. She does nothing. She says some words when some basic exposition is needed. That bizarre scene with Gambit and the missile is thrown at us to see if showing FEATS will satisfy when all we want is character development. Betsy is so incompetent in this that it's hard to root for her.
    I'm expecting we'll get some kind of end game where "it was all so obvious all along". But mostly in a way that the clues only make sense working backwards from the answer? Dunno, purely a guess here.

A whole issue devoted to splinter reality duplicates really is quite a thing. As a result nothing they do or say particularly matters in the long run for them as individuals or is super relevant to their character arcs. Because the dups will either be destroyed or sent away or absorbed. It serves the larger story, but I'm still not very invested in this story.

My question now is whether this was A's initial intention or is Jaime working on his own side project here? Why did A REALLY send them to the Citadel and what are their real selves doing in the meantime? That's the part I care more about, though not a lot if I'm honest. And now we wait until August to find out?!

Anyway, here's an article on the issue that maybe can add to the discussion. https://twitter.com/XavierFiles/stat...601731075?s=19

Entirely off topic sidenote: a heroic Bonnie and Clyde would be fun