Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1563
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

oooo that's really cool. I always like his style for Gambit. Kind of messy/sketchy
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Is this from the new Cap Marvel?
    Make Good Art

Yes, Captain Marvel #23. KT said Irene wasn't a major role in this arc, but still. I read #22 and plan to follow.

Yes, Captain Marvel #23. KT said Irene wasn't a major role in this arc, but still. I read #22 and plan to follow.
    That's awesome! I'm glad KT keeps throwing bones to us Romy fans
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Lol, she has taken pity on us. Hey, Irene now has two comic appearances, woo-hoo. And the caption, she has energy absorption and manipulation, she has mom and dad’s powers.

X Swords Destruction UNKNOWN COMICS exclusive variant by Mico Suayan.
    Probably means nothing to story inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Interesting. All the deaths again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

That’s two variant covers with these same things. I wonder if we could ask for a alternate story told just through variant cover artwork where it’s this dimensions Deaths vs Apocs children. Would be awesome

Rogue and Gambit by Wilton Santos on Twitter.
    IMG_20201105_063446.jpg
    Love this one!

They had a brief non-speaking cameo in Captain Marvel #23 as previously seen. Nothing new about Irene LeBeau.

Would kill to see the current artist on Black Widow, Lara West, take on our duo. Damn that book is gorgeous.

Meanwhile ... something, something X of Swords. : (

Oh how I wish our couple was headed to S.W.O.R.D. but alas, they've already got a sassy emerald clad boss bitch and a sexy bo staff wielding bad ass.

Le Sigh.

Rogue and Gambit by Wilton Santos on Twitter.
    IMG_20201105_063446.jpg
    Love this one!

They had a brief non-speaking cameo in Captain Marvel #23 as previously seen. Nothing new about Irene LeBeau.

Would kill to see the current artist on Black Widow, Lara West, take on our duo. Damn that book is gorgeous.

Meanwhile ... something, something X of Swords. : (
    Wow, that's great! Really clean linework

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh how I wish our couple was headed to S.W.O.R.D. but alas, they've already got a sassy emerald clad boss bitch and a sexy bo staff wielding bad ass.

Le Sigh.
    Yeah, that would have been a good one for them. It would be cool to see what kind of re-designs they would have gotten. I've liked the art that's been released for that book.

It's a shame to see so many other books that fans are really enjoying and then having Rogue and Gambit imprisoned in Excalibur.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Ugh, I know..

Interesting. All the deaths again.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Probably shouldn’t get my hopes up, lol, but poccy has lots of horsemen to choose from, but those four have turned up twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Le Sigh.
    Yeah, that would have been sweet given what a big hit Al Ewing has been on Immortal Hulk. Plus the uncomfortable reunion with our awesome gal Frenzy and ... okay, I guess I don't need to see them team-up with Magneto again. LOL

Yeah I just ... please Tini, do them justice or give them to someone who will already. Every time I think maybe she's getting it I'm so dissapointed again. If we got an X-Corp book, I could see them moving there maybe. Still could see them working well in Marauders, but that team is full and while Duggan loves Rogue I'm not so sure about Gambit. X-Force ... could maybe work? But Percy also seems to think Gambit's a bit of a joke from how he was written in The Lost Trail podcast.

Isn't there any X-writer out there that unironically loves Gambit?! I miss Nicieza and Liu and Claremont and Asmus and KT and Tom Taylor who took him seriously. Tom coming back for a short stint with Laura and Gambit and Rogue on a side book would rock, but with Hickman holding the strings so tight on X-Men probably not happening. Poor Laura is still stuck in the Vault. Blah.

Side note: I see Tini is getting a new Teddy and Billy book. How are you feeling about that Fokken?

Side-side note: The Laura West art in KT's new Black Widow is straight up amazing. Fight scene in #3 has me drooling to see her draw Gambit and Rogue sometime. Add it to the wish list!

Yeah, that would have been sweet given what a big hit Al Ewing has been on Immortal Hulk. Plus the uncomfortable reunion with our awesome gal Frenzy and ... okay, I guess I don't need to see them team-up with Magneto again. LOL

Yeah I just ... please Tini, do them justice or give them to someone who will already. Every time I think maybe she's getting it I'm so dissapointed again. If we got an X-Corp book, I could see them moving there maybe. Still could see them working well in Marauders, but that team is full and while Duggan loves Rogue I'm not so sure about Gambit. X-Force ... could maybe work? But Percy also seems to think Gambit's a bit of a joke from how he was written in The Lost Trail podcast.

Isn't there any X-writer out there that unironically loves Gambit?! I miss Nicieza and Liu and Claremont and Asmus and KT and Tom Taylor who took him seriously. Tom coming back for a short stint with Laura and Gambit and Rogue on a side book would rock, but with Hickman holding the strings so tight on X-Men probably not happening. Poor Laura is still stuck in the Vault. Blah.

Side note: I see Tini is getting a new Teddy and Billy book. How are you feeling about that Fokken?

Side-side note: The Laura West art in KT's new Black Widow is straight up amazing. Fight scene in #3 has me drooling to see her draw Gambit and Rogue sometime. Add it to the wish list!
    Personally I stopped reading all the new series after 3-4 issues. Looking at places like this forum it seems that in the beginning everything was beautiful. Maybe it's a combination of a new project and the lack of a cohesive feeling for the X-universe for some time. Hickman brought many existing fans togheter and brought in new ones. He is also known for being a better writer in teasing and building up then in sustaining and ending. So that was to a high degree to be expected. Still he delivered something new for fans to get excited about.

Then after a number of issues fans seems to reach the concensus that many of the new series wheren't that great. Still plagued by old problems. Sometimes just painted with a new fresh coat. Even Percy's X-force fell into a rut pretty quickly. The excitement of finally using characters like Sage again got lost when Sage doesn't seems to be doing that much. We are back with the same problem of will the X-office pull the trigger on the beast problem or keep him as a hated character but still a hero. Marauders focused on it's most featured characters to the expense of it's lesser. It's the same for us Romy fans. It's not enough for us to just have Romy appear. They must actually do something. Written and drawn to at least a decent level.

It's easier in the start when everyone sees the potential. Harder when we see the restrictions the team is putting on their own work.

I don't see any place currently where Gambit and Rogue would be used as anything else then glorified wallpaper. Hickman has marked the characters he wants to use and while other writers can indulge in using other characters as their focuses it's mostly filler in respect to the overall direction of the franchise.
    Last edited by Malachi; 11-06-2020 at 01:05 AM.