Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Definentely. Not even surprised.
    Reign teaser shows the same characters that were used before. At this point we know whom Hickman likes and about whom he don't care. I am not buying any books except Larraz and Gracia awesome visual stuff to read about Mr and Mrs Wallpaper.
    Monet, Synch, Nightcrawler, Angel, Legion, and X-23 are the same characters? I don't wanna diminish how poorly Rogue and Gambit are being treated, but that teaser actually looked like it was gonna shine a spotlight on some pretty underused characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Monet, Synch, Nightcrawler, Angel, Legion, and X-23 are the same characters? I don't wanna diminish how poorly Rogue and Gambit are being treated, but that teaser actually looked like it was gonna shine a spotlight on some pretty underused characters.
    Oh I agree that lot all is due attention as well. Laura hasn't had a great showing since All-New Wolverine and X-Men Red ended. I can't think of the last time Angel or Nightcrawler had a major role in a book, though Kurt at least has shown up in Red and is on the Counsel and was important in HoX/PoX and had a focus issue of X-Men. I expect Angel will get his due in X-Corps. Maybe Legion will take a Counsel position? That would be fascinating actually. Monet has actually gotten several small but significant roles in major events for HoX/PoX/DoX and always has a good showing at least when she is used. Again, she will probably be central to X-Corp. Synch has been dead so ... yeah nuff said. Glad he's getting his due.

Rogue and Gambit have no hope in sight. I'm glad they got so much in Mr.&Mrs. X. I hated to see that series end, but I was seriously excited to see them reconnect with the larger X-team and had high hopes for Excalibur.

Rogue left leading an Avengers team to return to X-Men, not to mention has captained so many X-teams in the past. Making her clueless, ineffective and second to Betsy while fridging her, then killing a whole plot point for her with no replacement plot is just ... ugghhh. She can't be a leader, she can't be a mother, she and Remy don't even get to be badasses together, they aren't even cute together 80% of the time. And Gambit is a character whose had more solo series than maybe any other character save Wolverine. He's still the leader of an international crime syndicate and has tons of magical intersectionality in his continuity, but Tini has him falling down, whiny, and berated by his whole team including his wife at times. We've lost almost everything fun about reading them.

I'm just so frustrated.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 11-25-2020 at 06:27 PM.

To counteract my pessimism about the coming Excalibur issues I reread 2-5 of KT’s R&G mini. I skipped the first issue since I remember not liking the tone of it.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised. Sure many of the points of criticism from it’s publication remains but it didn’t bother me this time around. KT has a strong grasp of the characters. Her Remy might be a bit to sweet and passive during some scenes but others are almost perfect. It’s a bit arrogant of them to try to write a mini about the relationship and all the iconic moments and try to add several themselves. Yet they in my eyes succeed. That the art is gorgeous certainly helps.

The overall plot and character arcs work really well. It’s a strong work of craft.

Fun and heavy of the exploration of the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    All that characters except Angel and Legion who is barely visible on poster already were used by Hicman and shown that he has plans for them.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    To counteract my pessimism about the coming Excalibur issues I reread 2-5 of KT’s R&G mini. I skipped the first issue since I remember not liking the tone of it.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised. Sure many of the points of criticism from it’s publication remains but it didn’t bother me this time around. KT has a strong grasp of the characters. Her Remy might be a bit to sweet and passive during some scenes but others are almost perfect. It’s a bit arrogant of them to try to write a mini about the relationship and all the iconic moments and try to add several themselves. Yet they in my eyes succeed. That the art is gorgeous certainly helps.

The overall plot and character arcs work really well. It’s a strong work of craft.

Fun and heavy of the exploration of the relationship.
    Yeah, that was a good run. The art was great! I did a re-read of the first arc of MMX recently. The art wasn't as great but still a fun read. Better than what we're getting now
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, that was a good run. The art was great! I did a re-read of the first arc of MMX recently. The art wasn't as great but still a fun read. Better than what we're getting now
    Re-reading good Gambit and Rogue books is basically the only catharsis for dealing with Excalibur.

This year I've re-read Marjorie Liu's X-23, Gambit 2012, Age of X, Messiah Complex, Mr. & Mrs. X, Trial of Gambit ... but Rogue and Gambit might be just be the GOAT for these two as a couple. It's high time to go back and soak in those good moments and gorgeous art. Good idea! In 2021 I think I'd like to revisit the Duggan Uncanny Avengers and ANXM. Heck even the Soul Astonishing was better than the current book.

Also ... I'm starting to think Gambit taking Shaw's place on the Counsel would ALSO be fun. How about Rogue taking Gorgon's place as Captain and Gambit for Shaw? They'll never do it of course, but getting the Thieves Guild mixed up with the Hellfire Club could have been pretty amazing. So many wasted opportunities.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Re-reading good Gambit and Rogue books is basically the only catharsis for dealing with Excalibur.

This year I've re-read Marjorie Liu's X-23, Gambit 2012, Age of X, Messiah Complex, Mr. & Mrs. X, Trial of Gambit ... but Rogue and Gambit might be just be the GOAT for these two as a couple. It's high time to go back and soak in those good moments and gorgeous art. Good idea! In 2021 I think I'd like to revisit the Duggan Uncanny Avengers and ANXM. Heck even the Soul Astonishing was better than the current book.

Also ... I'm starting to think Gambit taking Shaw's place on the Counsel would ALSO be fun. How about Rogue taking Gorgon's place as Captain and Gambit for Shaw? They'll never do it of course, but getting the Thieves Guild mixed up with the Hellfire Club could have been pretty amazing. So many wasted opportunities.
    I mean, it would make so much sense to have Gambit taking his place. The guy's super well connected. But that's assuming they even care about his backstory
    Make Good Art

Duggan's run on Uncanny Avengers was so good

Personally, I prefer Shaw to be replaced by Sunspot or Selene given their background with the Hellfire Club (Selene was the Black Queen, and Sunspot was the Lord Imperial)

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Duggan's run on Uncanny Avengers was so good

Personally, I prefer Shaw to be replaced by Sunspot or Selene given their background with the Hellfire Club (Selene was the Black Queen, and Sunspot was the Lord Imperial)
    It seems Hickman favors the hellfire part of the job more then the smuggler part. So Robert wouldn't surprise me.

Oh wow you drew that? Thats beatiful, i especially love the colors and the lines. And the expressions are top notch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Cool! Love kitten and tail deatil.

YAY!!!! I was hoping you would share this here!!!

LOVE it so much! It's like awkward family photos, only they're all gorgeous and it's perfect with Irene in the center of them all. And your kitties are perfect kitties. Like you could school several professional comics artists on how to draw cats properly. And putting Rogue in that Lukas Werneck costume design is just everything. Man do I want her in that costume for real now! I love how Remy is holding her and the placement of her hand on his arm. Ahhh!

And this also makes me want to yell "Bring Irene back you cowards!" I have always felt like Irene would like Remy somehow even if Mystique and him will never get along.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh wow you drew that? Thats beatiful, i especially love the colors and the lines. And the expressions are top notch.
    Yes thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool! Love kitten and tail deatil.
    Thanks!
    YAY!!!! I was hoping you would share this here!!!

LOVE it so much! It's like awkward family photos, only they're all gorgeous and it's perfect with Irene in the center of them all. And your kitties are perfect kitties. Like you could school several professional comics artists on how to draw cats properly. And putting Rogue in that Lukas Werneck costume design is just everything. Man do I want her in that costume for real now! I love how Remy is holding her and the placement of her hand on his arm. Ahhh!

And this also makes me want to yell "Bring Irene back you cowards!" I have always felt like Irene would like Remy somehow even if Mystique and him will never get along.
    I feel the same (about the Mom's respective reception of Remy)
    I also imagine that for this photo, Irene tells Raven "Oh hold one of the cats, my love, would you?" And Raven begrudgingly accepts, hence the precarious way she holds him.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

That’s delightful! Would you mind me posting in the Nightcrawler thread? Love the cat going after Kurt’s tail.