Page 31 of 105 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Tini just hates Gambit or is trolling Gambit fans on purpose. Excalibur 7 is another hot garbage issue for Gambit fans. Don`t buy it.

Non-spoiler review for Excalibur #7:
    First half was decent, happier with Jubilee this issue, still beating the same dead horse with Gambit - which if this doesn't have a major payoff is seriously awful, hell even with one it's still pretty awful, Rogue feels like she lost several IQ points somehow with this dialogue, so many things are bothering me about this storyline but I'll elaborate later, not loving the art, only 3 stars of 5

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Another issue, another “Gambit is constantly angry and everyone laughs at him for not trusting Apocalypse”

Rogue gets a fashion moment.

Gambit is throwing cards and they are doing nothing now. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    He has been doing that the entire run. Only once has his powers actually had any impact(he exploded a shield in issue 3). Other then that it's just a light show. Since Santos is also doing this crap Tini must have writen something about his powers having no effect.

A plus for the team characters actully talking to each other. Rogue is horrible in my eyes. Crap wife and stupid too boot.

I can't understand why Tini is draging on this plot with everyone but Gambit drinking the kool aid. It's been 7 issues and it's just frustrating.Even if she wants to continue with it why the hell isn't Rogue supporting her husband. Not just out of love but common sense and memory. It's frustrating.

The warewolf and Gambit was stupid on many levels. So many many levels. No one came out looking good there. Especially Betsy. I don't have any X-men character i hate but Tini's Betsy is really pushing it. The most inept team leader and friend I have seen.
    Last edited by Malachi; 02-12-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    He has been doing that the entire run. Only once has his powers actually had any impact(he exploded a shield in issue 3). Other then that it's just a light show. Since Santos is also doing this crap Tini must have writen something about his powers having no effect.

A plus for the team characters actully talking to each other. Rogue is horrible in my eyes. Crap wife and stupid too boot.

I can't understand why Tini is draging on this plot with everyone but Gambit drinking the kool aid. It's been 7 issues and it's just frustrating.Even if she wants to continue with it why the hell isn't Rogue supporting her husband. Not just out of love but common sense and memory. It's frustrating.

The warewolf and Gambit was stupid on many levels. So many many levels. No one came out looking good there. Especially Betsy. I don't have any X-men character i hate but Tini's Betsy is really pushing it. The most inept team leader and friend I have seen.
    This time it is diiferent. His 3 cards got hit warewolf and that other 3 got hit that wooden hand at the end and they did nothing. Just nothing.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-12-2020 at 08:32 AM.

I think one of my biggest issues with Excalibur, Gambit is just so ineffective, he has zero physical or mutant attributes in this book.

Once again, he’s just in this book to make others look good, this issue, being saved by Betsy.

This time it is diiferent. His 3 cards got hit warewolf and that other 3 got hit that wooden hand at the end and they did nothing. Just nothing.
    Ah I see. That thing is probably unspecified demon matter as they are orginating from Cullen. Or it's wood. Either way it should have some sort of impact. Maybe he should just stop charging the cards. It can't be worse for the fights. At this point I would strongly suggest that Tini's Gambits pick up a gun or any other sort of weapon. It's a new low for Marvel.

I noticed that.

I decided to give this book on last try and boy, I regret that I did.
    The issue itself was a little bit better than the previous ones or at least it wasn't a confusing mess like most of the first arc.
    But Gambit and Rogue are just as poorly written as before, in the first arc Gambit pretty much showed two emotions, concern for his wife and being pissed off, well now it seems that he only has one and is being pissed off. He is still quite incompetent, the butt of most jokes, his powers are weak and needs to be saved again. The only tiny positive for me is that he is the only one smart enough to really distrust Apocalypse even if it's getting quite annoying to see it repeated in every issue.
    Rogue... well I have to agree with AppleJ she's seems dumber, her ability to speak English correctly seems to have diminished.
    As for Rogue and Gambit interactions, there was only one that could be considered meaningful and Howard dropped the ball once again, spoilers:
    Gambit expresses his reluctance to work for Apocalypse, and Rogue instead of showing some support or empathy, her reaction was a dismissive "oh c'mon" before Betsy interrupted her.
    end of spoilers
    Maybe Tini really likes Rogue and Gambit not sure, but what I'm sure of is that she definitely doesn't have the ability to write them well.
    I rate this issue a 3/10, I've been patient and gave Howard 7 issue to write something decent but I'm finally done with the book and from now on I'll only read reviews.

PS: Still no idea what mutant magic is.

BANNED

Gambit might be taking undue **** from his entire team but, honestly, I'm reading him as 100% in the right. It's interesting actually; on the one hand I'm frustrated as **** in how Tini has everyone else treat him, but on the other...I feel like she is treating his convictions as serious...as if it is about to build to something, but I can't explain why? It's a vibe I get from writers sometimes; could just be the whole schtick of "Conspiracy theorist nobody took serious was right all along" or something, but...?

Don't get me wrong; she's not been utilising him well at all. But still?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Gambit might be taking undue **** from his entire team but, honestly, I'm reading him as 100% in the right. It's interesting actually; on the one hand I'm frustrated as **** in how Tini has everyone else treat him, but on the other...I feel like she is treating his convictions as serious...as if it is about to build to something, but I can't explain why? It's a vibe I get from writers sometimes; could just be the whole schtick of "Conspiracy theorist nobody took serious was right all along" or something, but...?

The problem with that is, even if you ignore other complaints, Tini is taking to long. To hang his presence and actions on some sort of vindication further ahead you need to keep the readers reading until that. I maintain that if she had taking the route of “making fun of him because he will shown to be right” she needed to start with some competent Gambit. Show she can write it. Now we can just enjoy and judge it from what we have read and that tells a very bleak tale.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Frankly I am baffled that all the other characters are just drinking the blue kool-aid.

It would be worse if Remy wasn't suspicious.

I seriously hope there is a big "Gambit was right" pay off coming. Becaus this is ridiculous.

Even if Rogue is sympathetic to A on some level, it sucks to see her continually not backing up her husband during these moments or being empathetic to him. How does this reflect any of what Tini said in XMM? Rogue isn't an idiot. She led an Avengers team. She has fought the Red Skull and the Shadow King. How is she just going along with this?

Uggghhh.

Astonishing Member

It’s very strange. At the beginning of the book, Jamie mocks betsy for needing to get marching order from apocalypse, she gets mad, but the does exactly that follows his marching orders. If the plot hinges on apocalypse manipulating everyone, well ok, but the story is showing the other character being aware to some degree or another that they are being manipulated, but still doing it anyway, for no real reason.

There is a better way of doing this, thi sshould be reasonable and not a "Gambit is being a prick not trusting apocalypse". It's Apocalypse why would someone trust him?