Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I could see that. It's kind of like how they leaked the Deadpool test footage to stir up some excitement
    Exactly! So I'm ready for my Rogue or Gambit "spoiler" footage any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if rumors are purposefully seeded to see what kind of response they get. It's definitely a way to test out the interest level for something with relatively no risk. If the feedback is negative, well then it was just a baseless rumor, right?
    Sure that seems possible. "Low risk, high yield" or something like that it's called. If it works then we do marketing for them. Not only research but advertisement too.

In the talk about the tv series they talked about the possibility of Rogue appearing in the final episodes. Depending on how her CM appearence went down. If I remember correctly she wasn't featured in the script for the movie. So depending on how fast we want screen Romy we should support the tv show over the movie. If we want to gamble on Romy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Sure that seems possible. "Low risk, high yield" or something like that it's called. If it works then we do marketing for them. Not only research but advertisement too.

In the talk about the tv series they talked about the possibility of Rogue appearing in the final episodes. Depending on how her CM appearence went down. If I remember correctly she wasn't featured in the script for the movie. So depending on how fast we want screen Romy we should support the tv show over the movie. If we want to gamble on Romy.
    I mean, I'll support whatever they're willing to give us.

A series seems like a more solid bet. Certainly it would be faster to launch in order to showcase their mutant acquisitions sooner and probably would be less risky than a movie. Gambit would be a bigger name character than a lot of shows already slotted for Disney+, that's for sure. I would love to see a series capped off by him joining the X-Men and introducing Rogue. Swoon.

But maybe they're worried about losing out on movie revenues if he's a big enough name and if they really like the Tatum script?

When I think about the next CM movie and likely classic villains to pull from, I just keep coming back to Rogue. A lot of the big space opponents like Galactus overlap with Avengers, FF, etc, although we could still go back to the Kree again. Also I can't help but think the mutants will be introduced in an oppositional role to the MCU Avengers, so MLF and Rogue would be a way to segway into that.

Extraordinary Member

So my Rogue questions still stands....Since she can copy multiple powers at once...if she does that and one of those powers is Madrox will all the dupes have all the powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So my Rogue questions still stands....Since she can copy multiple powers at once...if she does that and one of those powers is Madrox will all the dupes have all the powers.
    There was that X-Factor arc where the alt-Universe Madrox clones each had distinct powers, so we know that dupes have sustained additional powers, and I don't see why Rogue creating dupes would block them off from any other abilities.

However, if a writer chose to limit the powers to be fractional of the whole then I could see that also.

That's a lot of (conflicting) Gambit MCU rumors seemingly out of nowhere. Curious. Not sure what to make of it...but I'm very sceptical of all such "news" until it comes from a known Disney/Marvel rep. Still fun to speculate in the meantime, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    That's a lot of (conflicting) Gambit MCU rumors seemingly out of nowhere. Curious. Not sure what to make of it...but I'm very sceptical of all such "news" until it comes from a known Disney/Marvel rep. Still fun to speculate in the meantime, though.
    Of course. I doubt that second rumour about movie is true. I hope at least first one about series is true.

Is there a single panel of Rogue and Gambit EVER being on Krakoa? Why has there not been any explanation of why they were left out of HOX and POX and what they were doing during the time? Why were the 2 of them EXILED to England? (Did Remy get caught stealing toilet paper again? ) The way Tini writes R&R, she acts as if she got the short straw in the characters she got to choose. I hope the media rumors for future use on big or small screen media will lead to more positive use and development in the books and Out of Excaliber. (Maybe they will defect from Krakoa.)

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Is there a single panel of Rogue and Gambit EVER being on Krakoa? Why has there not been any explanation of why they were left out of HOX and POX and what they were doing during the time? Why were the 2 of them EXILED to England? (Did Remy get caught stealing toilet paper again? ) The way Tini writes R&R, she acts as if she got the short straw in the characters she got to choose. I hope the media rumors for future use on big or small screen media will lead to more positive use and development in the books and Out of Excaliber. (Maybe they will defect from Krakoa.)
    Prior to Excalibur, I don't believe they'd been shown on Krakoa at all. But I get what you mean. It definitely feels like it was mandated that Tini get Gambit and Rogue. It was like someone realized they hadn't been put on a team yet when they were getting the rosters ready for DoX and so they were put on Excalibur as an after-thought.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Nothing. Because Hickman and Tini don't care about them.
    They were added to Excalibur so Betsy and Apoc story could sell better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Prior to Excalibur, I don't believe they'd been shown on Krakoa at all. But I get what you mean. It definitely feels like it was mandated that Tini get Gambit and Rogue. It was like someone realized they hadn't been put on a team yet when they were getting the rosters ready for DoX and so they were put on Excalibur as an after-thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Anybody else interested in seeing how many Marvel writers suddenly come out of the woodwork claiming to be huge fans of Gambit and Rogue if they actually do get a big role in the Marvel cinematic universe? Well more for Gambit than Rogue I guess since she is pretty respected and well used most of the time outside of this Hickman era, but still.

I doubt the TV show rumor is true. Especially because it mentions Hulu. Feige is concentrating all Marvel Studios shows on Disney+, it makes no sense to use Hulu. It honestly sounds like bullshit.

As for Rogue in CM2, that would make me so happy. But Carol is a space player in the MCU. It seems weird that they'd bring her back to Earth for her second movie, considering the rumors about Secret Invasion and the Spider-Man Far From Home credits scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    More like Apoc story could sell better, Betsy feel secondary

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    More like Apoc story could sell better, Betsy feel secondary
    Betsy talked with her family on more pages then Gambit, Rogue and Jubs all together combined.

All I know is I'm pretty encouraged to see how many mentions they're getting on this Twitter poll for top 7 mutants people want on the MCU X-Men: https://twitter.com/MoviesMatrix/sta...507634688?s=19. True or not, no harm in enjoying the movie and TV rumors and speculation. It's all rumors until it's true.

For two characters so well loved by fans, they haven't gotten nearly the level of attention and care in the DoX era that they deserve. It's been a huge letdown coming off of MMX.

Strangely though, I think Tini actually chose them. I think she likes the idea of them, but maybe isn't as well read on them as she should be to actually execute them successfully? At least it really feels that way from how they're written. Maybe she wanted a romantic couple for the team or just wanted Rogue for a specific plotpoint reason and got Remy in the deal? Who knows. Though I agree the Excalibur team very much feels like shoved together leftovers even 7 issues in. The fact it's outselling Marauders deeply baffles me.