Page 37 of 105 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    No no no i am a Big fan. Realy.

I hate Gambit at all.
    quite the opposite is one of the characters to whom I have more love.
    but of course I like Rogue much more, and I feel that when Rogue is with Remy, she drops the category in terms of hee hero status.
    the same must be careful with their battles since Rogue is very powerful.
    and Gambit is not.

I'm sorry but it's like that, then you have to put up with the most blinded Gambit fans attacking Rogue, when that difference in power is clear, it's obvious Rogue always has to look better, but I consider Remy's fan.
    but I am a realistic fan

They want it everywhere ... but they are never happy with their participation.
    even with Tompsom who did a spectacular job they criticized her.
    And now they miss her.

You can't complain that Gambit loses battles continuously ... or that it looks like a low-level mutant.
    because he flatly licks the canon of the last 15 years or more it is like that.
    Only Kelly Tompsom gave him some love ... that is his improved value and athletic ability had recovered.

but from the rest his level of power must eyaer along with the jubilee even I believe even lower.
    the only thing that would be a jubilee with athletic ability of Daredevil and only some writers write it agile now

The most powerful thing Remy has in canon today are all death powers.

and the fans don't want this facet.

and it's the most interesting thing he had shown in years.
    and someone did care.
    but then they complain that he always loses.
    So who understands them?

I do want to explore his death powers.
    They made it very dangerous cool and powerful.
    those of flatulence no.
    but everyone else does.

unfortunately his energy powers are currently low level.
    so you have to be aware of this and forget what Claremont and Fabian wanted to show ... because no one else ignored this.
    maybe Kelly yes but taking them out no one else

I also hate the Gambit version of excalibur, and you don't have the power.
    that it looks low level was to be expected.
    but that does not look athletic is already the colco ... besides that it is being more bitch and emo than usual.

gambit to return to glory you have to remove that cliché of the 90 is what has stagnant and that is why despite going out in several books in recent years has not been important in any.

I do want to return death.
    It would be an interesting turn and it hasn't been very explored. and his Warren can access death at will. Remy should too also because he needs it.

Remy and his level of power currently does not serve much., Not much more than jubilee.

take advantage of his death powers
    Except power level is not the be all end all for everyone. I like Gambit because of his personality, history, skill set and yes his powers at the level they are at now. I wouldn't want him to use his Death persona or go back to his New Son power levels because then he would not really be Gambit to me anymore. Besides even if he is not at Rogue's level(few are) he actually is really powerful. I mean grenade level explosions with playing cards is no joke, and if writers would let him use his ingenuity more with timed explosions he could beat most comers I would say.

As for using other characters before him in the MCU, I don't think that is required or absolutely necessary. The Fox movies have thoroughly introduced the movie going audiences to a lot of the characters you have mentioned and it has been rumored before that Marvel Studios wants to focus on some of the lesser used characters from the Fox X-Men franchise rather than the same old, same old that Fox always focused on. Gambit is perfect for that because he got almost nothing and he is one of the few extremely popular X-Men that was not used much.

number of solo series does not translate into popularity and we know it.
    In addition, the latest Gambit series have been very bad.

If I would like to see it introduced.
    but first we must present other more important xmen like storm wolverine Rogue and the original 5.
    I just say no illusions with this in the short term.
    the Serie .
    Because it won't happen.
    you have to introduce mutants in a big way and little by little.
    That is an absurd argument. You are free to think so but it lacks facts to back it up. Marvel doesn't give a character so many issues without it selling. It's not a charity. Gambit's problem has always been how divisive he is within the writers community. Most artists like him because Jim Lee came up with a fun design and powerset. Similar to Green Lantern it allows them to be creative with the powers.

Note that I'm not comparing popularity here. Just stating that he is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Except power level is not the be all end all for everyone. I like Gambit because of his personality, history, skill set and yes his powers at the level they are at now. I wouldn't want him to use his Death persona or go back to his New Son power levels because then he would not really be Gambit to me anymore. Besides even if he is not at Rogue's level(few are) he actually is really powerful. I mean grenade level explosions with playing cards is no joke, and if writers would let him use his ingenuity more with timed explosions he could beat most comers I would say.

As for using other characters before him in the MCU, I don't think that is required or absolutely necessary. The Fox movies have thoroughly introduced the movie going audiences to a lot of the characters you have mentioned and it has been rumored before that Marvel Studios wants to focus on some of the lesser used characters from the Fox X-Men franchise rather than the same old, same old that Fox always focused on. Gambit is perfect for that because he got almost nothing and he is one of the few extremely popular X-Men that was not used much.
    Yes and this makes more sense. Both considering MCU's past approach and general common sense. To a certain point they are bound to some characters for storylines. Hard to do Phoenix without using Jean and Weapon X without Logan. Non-ultimate Rogue and Gambit are fresh enough that it will stand out. That certainly speaks in their favor.

No no no i am a Big fan. Realy.

I hate Gambit at all.
    quite the opposite is one of the characters to whom I have more love.
    but of course I like Rogue much more, and I feel that when Rogue is with Remy, she drops the category in terms of hee hero status.
    the same must be careful with their battles since Rogue is very powerful.
    and Gambit is not.

I'm sorry but it's like that, then you have to put up with the most blinded Gambit fans attacking Rogue, when that difference in power is clear, it's obvious Rogue always has to look better, but I consider Remy's fan.
    but I am a realistic fan

They want it everywhere ... but they are never happy with their participation.
    even with Tompsom who did a spectacular job they criticized her.
    And now they miss her.

You can't complain that Gambit loses battles continuously ... or that it looks like a low-level mutant.
    because he flatly licks the canon of the last 15 years or more it is like that.
    Only Kelly Tompsom gave him some love ... that is his improved value and athletic ability had recovered.

but from the rest his level of power must eyaer along with the jubilee even I believe even lower.
    the only thing that would be a jubilee with athletic ability of Daredevil and only some writers write it agile now

The most powerful thing Remy has in canon today are all death powers.

and the fans don't want this facet.

and it's the most interesting thing he had shown in years.
    and someone did care.
    but then they complain that he always loses.
    So who understands them?

I do want to explore his death powers.
    They made it very dangerous cool and powerful.
    those of flatulence no.
    but everyone else does.

unfortunately his energy powers are currently low level.
    so you have to be aware of this and forget what Claremont and Fabian wanted to show ... because no one else ignored this.
    maybe Kelly yes but taking them out no one else

I also hate the Gambit version of excalibur, and you don't have the power.
    that it looks low level was to be expected.
    but that does not look athletic is already the colco ... besides that it is being more bitch and emo than usual.

gambit to return to glory you have to remove that cliché of the 90 is what has stagnant and that is why despite going out in several books in recent years has not been important in any.

I do want to return death.
    It would be an interesting turn and it hasn't been very explored. and his Warren can access death at will. Remy should too also because he needs it.

Remy and his level of power currently does not serve much., Not much more than jubilee.

take advantage of his death powers
    You are in minority and like only Gambit stories that most fans don't like.
    Asmus solo is great. Good written Gambit is great.

He needs only good writers.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post

Completely agree with you, as matter of fact the most popular superhero and the one that sells the most issues is Batman, a dude with zero super powers, yet his popularity is enormous. People like Batman because of his personality, his ability to fight and defeat enemies that in many cases are way stronger than he is, but he does so by being resolved and ingenuitive.
    I don't want Gambit to be super OP, those characters tend to get boring quite fast, I just want him to be treated respectfully, if Thompson, Fabian and Asmus could do it then any other good professional writer should be able to do it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    You are in minority and like only Gambit stories that most fans don't like.
    Asmus solo is great. Good written Gambit is great.

He needs only good writers.

do not misunderstand .
    to me .3 like Remy.
    except the excalibur who literally i hate him.

but unfortunately fans must accept the character's general status quo in the last two decades.

To start I see complain a lot about Gambit's powers.
    but it is that they remained stuck in the time of Claremont or Fabian.
    the rest below its level abysmally.

For this I insist I would like to go deeper into his death facet.
    and that you can access it whenever you want, just like Warren does.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 02-25-2020 at 03:25 PM.

I like the stories of Asmus. But I've seen a lot in this thread, and I know that it is not all of you.

but I see clearly how they complain about Gambit's level of power or how he is constantly defeated or helped rescued by another hero, this is the fault of his current status quo, and the solution seems to please some of you. because they like it or not at least with the death level if it is someone to consider in level.

The simple fact is Gambit is rarely trying to kill people so generally writers just have his explosions as being a nuisance. However, when he actually needs to kill or destroy something, his powers are fine. In X-23, he took out an entire high rise floor and blew X-23 and Gabby to bits with just a single card. In X-men Red he charged up an entire hell carrier and detonated it. These are power feats that rival the highest level of energy manipulators. Writers just reduce his powers because he generally is not trying to kill and because they are lazy.

His power set actually fits a villain or someone allowed to kill better ie Punisher as if he were actually written always trying to kill his target then he would be able to end quite a lot of fights quite easily. It is the inherent contradiction of the the character that a stealthy thief who hates killing has as a power set loud explosions designed to maim and kill.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-25-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The simple fact is Gambit is rarely trying to kill people so generally writers just have his explosions as being a nuisance. However, when he actually needs to kill or destroy something, his powers are fine. In X-23, he took out an entire high rise floor and blew X-23 and Gabby to bits with just a single card. In X-men Red he charged up an entire hell carrier and detonated it. These are power feats that rival the highest level of energy manipulators. Writers just reduce his powers because he generally is not trying to kill and because they are lazy.

His power set actually fits a villain or someone allowed to kill better ie Punisher as if he were actually written always trying to kill his target then he would be able to end quite a lot of fights quite easily. It is the inherent contradiction of the the character that a stealthy thief who hates killing has as a power set loud explosions designed to maim and kill.
    lol you are wrong. No no and no.
    exploding a car or tearing Laura and Gaby's body is not a great feat in fact technically that would makebetter jubilee o pyro , and talk about another.

Not among the Remy energy handlers in the current canon is at the end of the food chain.
    which bothers me, since in the old comics of Gambit they used to place him higher up in the hands of characters like Scott even dazzler and havok.

Today his greatest feats and remove skin from x23 ??? Lol
    is that even his agility has been affected.
    in the Gambit pass he could react to shots and dodge or divert them, and in xmenRED he could not save an innocent.

Failing against a weapon.

And unfortunately Remy facing today even the super strong of the lowest level would lose.
    in house of m his only participation was to be humiliated with Carol Danvers.

ok she is powerful but old Gambit was able to fight a little more to Carol, but the height of the matter was that the Moon knight did nothing.

And Cap America vs Gambit...., completely humiliated Remy.

Yes, his level as an energy manipulator is down to everyone ... and he has been the canon unfortunately.

When Kelly Tompsom was doing something good with Gambit level, some fans like you complained.
    if they do it wrong they complain but if they do it well too.
    They must first accept what level Remy has in the current canon.

And it is far below virtually all energy manipulators.

Sooo yes. I want Death powers back
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 02-25-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Honestly I find these power level discussions rather tedious and droll. A character's "power level" is probably the least interesting thing about them to me and definitely not why I read comics. That's more the realm of video games and Pokemon tournaments.

Also, The Blood of Apocalypse storyline was so bad it literally motivated me to leave comics for years. Years! So to say I have no interest in revisiting that poorly executed idea is an understatement, unless it is to put it to rest for all of eternity. But as they say, to each their own.

In my opinion, Gambit's current power level is not the problem in the least. It's the way he's being written which is just overall very one note in almost every aspect. Remy isn't at his ideal usage when he's some gladiator in an arena, even though we know he can hold his own at hand-to-hand combat with the best of them. But at his core, he is a thief. He is agile, stealthy, fast, and quick-witted. He thinks on his feet. He often defeats opponents who are technically more powerful than him through shear cleverness by catching them off balance or off guard. So I want to see him being judicious and calculating in conflicts, thinking ahead of his opponent, dodging attacks, and also using his powers in creative ways. And once in a while, I'd like him to blow up something very, very large like a ship's anchor or an aircraft carrier just to prove that he can. To me, this is the epitome of who Gambit is as a character and I would not want that changed for anything.

He kinda already proved it in RED 11.

Last edited by Purplevit; 02-26-2020 at 06:59 AM.

LOL Yes! Exactly my point, Purp! I LOVE this issue so much. It's not something we can probably get from a Gambit story all the time, but occasionally we need this sort of big show of power. If we got it all the time it would be less and less impactful. Characters already have too much power creep as it is.

Also, that Gambit/Thor team up is the story I never knew I always wanted. God bless you Tom Taylor!

Yeah. REd was a so/so book but RED 11 delieverd one of the best Gambit moments ever. He was fun, clever and powerful. The way he should be.

"Let`s not go detonating da man`s kingdom" lol. It was epic!

Apocalypse's blood stinks is true ... but Death Gambit in Carey's career and the mini in the limbo un secondcoming was spectacular.

I do want it back.

I'm tired of the weak Gambit that only serves to steal.
    but that is constantly defeated .. by everyone.

if they say who has a better level of power if Gambit or Jubilee sincerely in the canon of the last 15 years I say they are matched m is sad but it is represented for the majority.

I do want Death Gambit back.