Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So much to love in this issue
    Honestly, Gambit stopping to help out a domestic violence victim was my favorite part. Being a hero ain’t all about saving the world. Sometimes you just gotta save people.

For anyone still trying to stick with this (sigh):

excalibur-8-page-1.jpg

excalibur-8-page-2.jpg

So yeah ... there's THAT.

Well I heartily disagree, but I'm not getting into this argument again since it's been done to death and this is a Rogue and Gambit appreciation thread.
    Agreed; its the Rogue and Gambit thread. And disagreeing with me is fine. It has nothing to do with them as a couple but how they are written. Its was never equal. Gambit has been the lesser. IMO.

Edit: Why would it be so horrible if SOMEONE ELSE had a shot at writing something better than what we've read? There has to be better. IMO
    Last edited by Neko; 02-27-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Agreed; its the Rogue and Gambit thread. And disagreeing with me is fine. It has nothing to do with them as a couple but how they are written. Its was never equal. Gambit has been the lesser. IMO.

Edit: Why would it be so horrible if SOMEONE ELSE had a shot at writing something better than what we've read? There has to be better. IMO
    And again, I disagree that it was unequal. But let's leave it at that because we are never going to agree on this subject and it's frankly exhausting going rounds and rounds over this when I'm here in this specific thread to enjoy talking about my favorite characters. Both of them. Plural. As a couple.

Also, we had been talking about Donny Cates interest in potentially writing him or them quite a ways up thread actually.

And again, I disagree that it was unequal. But let's leave it at that because we are never going to agree on this subject and it's frankly exhausting going rounds and rounds over this when I'm here in this specific thread to enjoy talking about my favorite characters. Both of them. Plural. As a couple.
    Damnit, I was hoping I could sway the conversation to discriminants of a quadratic. Fine. I guess we can talk about Gambit & Rogue as a couple in their couple thread.

The preview leaves a lot to be desired for Excalibur, I’m already ready to wrap this boring 2 parter up. Hickman is discussing the big event tomorrow at C2E2 so it’ll be interesting (hopefully) to see what the big game plan is for X-Men this summer and if our kids figure into it via Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Damnit, I was hoping I could sway the conversation to discriminants of a quadratic. Fine. I guess we can talk about Gambit & Rogue as a couple in their couple thread.

The preview leaves a lot to be desired for Excalibur, I’m already ready to wrap this boring 2 parter up. Hickman is discussing the big event tomorrow at C2E2 so it’ll be interesting (hopefully) to see what the big game plan is for X-Men this summer and if our kids figure into it via Excalibur
    Some seem to think the graphic represents the Soulsword or Excalibur ... so maybe?

Yeah I really don't know where this whole Warwolves plot is going. I can't say this preview is all that enticing either.

The way these giant X-men issues are working it seems Hickman tailors it to the artist. It seems he suggests characters or plots but it's more up to what the artist want's to draw. So a prestige series not for a certain character but more for an artist. Hopefully as the series continues the artists gets more involved in the decision on witch character to use. If so I would say it's actually probable we get a Rogue&Gambit comic.

Dauterman on a Romy issue would be very fun.

Some seem to think the graphic represents the Soulsword or Excalibur ... so maybe?

Yeah I really don't know where this whole Warwolves plot is going. I can't say this preview is all that enticing either.
    Tini is still trying to weave oneliners in there. I don't know about other readers but I haven't laughed, intentionally, or read that anyone else appreciates the humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Tini is still trying to weave oneliners in there. I don't know about other readers but I haven't laughed, intentionally, or read that anyone else appreciates the humour.
    Haven’t laughed either. Like, I would have laughed at Rictor’s “men with beards!” line if Tini wasn’t constantly punching down on Gambit for the laughs. She’s gotta learn to punch up with her humor.

The way these giant X-men issues are working it seems Hickman tailors it to the artist. It seems he suggests characters or plots but it's more up to what the artist want's to draw. So a prestige series not for a certain character but more for an artist. Hopefully as the series continues the artists gets more involved in the decision on witch character to use. If so I would say it's actually probable we get a Rogue&Gambit comic.

True! They are very popular with artists, if not writers. Gambit particularly makes for creative visuals with his power set. Definitely gonna put that Dauterman wish out into the universe.

I'm not sure what to expect for this July event. Tom Taylor will be back, but hints are it's probably not on X-Men. Which is a shame, because he writes a good Remy and I'd like to see what he did with Rogue.

I can't say I'm as excited for this panel as I was for SDCC.

And yeah, some of Tini's humor has hit me, but not most of it. I enjoyed Shogo eating Betsy's hair and the "Panicking in the streets" joke. Her dialogue in general just isn't my cup of tea. And I still just have no sense of direction with this story other than [A] just manipulating everyone while all but Remy seem to be clueless. Ready for it to move forward with some purpose.

I can't say I'm as excited for this panel as I was for SDCC.
    The best what I can hope for from new panel is that Tini won`t write anymore Gambit and Rogue. I prefer even limbo over that bad writing.

Don`t expect anything good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Honestly, Gambit stopping to help out a domestic violence victim was my favorite part. Being a hero ain’t all about saving the world. Sometimes you just gotta save people.
    Definetely this!

Giant Size is only 5 issues and all the lead characters have already been announced. Maybe they'll do a second run sometime though.

excalibur-8-page-1.jpg

excalibur-8-page-2.jpg

ugh Gambit has one blurb and it is so very cringy

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

excalibur-8-page-1.jpg

excalibur-8-page-2.jpg

The dialogue is kind of awkward. I feel like I have to re-read a lot of lines (not just Gambit's) to get the flow of the conversation.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    The dialogue is kind of awkward. I feel like I have to re-read a lot of lines (not just Gambit's) to get the flow of the conversation.
    Me too. This little preview snippet isn't super egregious for me, but it's far from tantalizing.