Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh boy, I'm gonna have to make sure it's nice and cleaned up haha but will do!
    I see there is a fanworks thread being started if anyone is interested. I posted a link for a friend and one of my favorite Romy FF writers.

Purp, you should share some of your art! It really is great. I especially love that one with the motorcycle.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I see there is a fanworks thread being started if anyone is interested. I posted a link for a friend and one of my favorite Romy FF writers.

Purp, you should share some of your art! It really is great. I especially love that one with the motorcycle.
    Awesome! Good find!
    Make Good Art

Thanks, my friend. That old one with motorcycle got the most love at tumblr. Will add some pics later. Also I want to make something new for Romy week.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thanks, my friend. That old one with motorcycle got the most love at tumblr. Will add some pics later. Also I want to make something new for Romy week.
    Oh, I hope you do! Do any of the themes pique your interest?

Day 1 - Sunday, February 2nd - Vacation
    Day 2 - Monday, February 3rd - What happened during the gap between MMX and Excalibur?
    Day 3 - Tuesday, February 4th - Domesticity
    Day 4 - Wednesday, February 5th - What Gambit keeps in the pockets of his trench coat?
    Day 5 - Thursday, February 6th - Cats
    Day 6 - Friday, February 7th - First Anniversary
    Day 7 - Saturday, February 8th - Alternate Universe

I'm working off the Monday and Wednesday themes. Might have something small for Saturday too.

Day 2 - Monday, February 3rd - What happened during the gap between MMX and Excalibur?
    Day 4 - Wednesday, February 5th - What Gambit keeps in the pockets of his trench coat?

I'm working off the Monday and Wednesday themes. Might have something small for Saturday too.
    I have idea but not sure for what day I can use it. I will pm you when I have some sketch

I might try to do a couple really short stories for a couple days. I've got ideas for something for Thursday, at least
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Thanks Everyone! I took Jumpyshark, Domino_Dare-Doll, AppleJ’s optimism to heart this weekend and reread all of Excalibur (deep diving into data pages and all) hoping to have a better outlook on this book’s take on Gambit and Rogue. I really want to love Excalibur. I fully immersed myself in the first episode of the Rogue and Gambit on Comic Book Couples Counseling podcast (amazing shout-outs to AppleJ. I always thought you were pretty awesome, but I didn’t know the half of it. The Rogue and Gambit community is so lucky to have you – thank you for all that you do to cheer on our favourites). And finally, I did a deep dive of the article AppleJ recommended: https://www.xavierfiles.com/2020/01/...excalibuddies/

After all that, I think I can understand Gambit a bit more in Excalibur. I know I have complained a lot that Gambit is acting out of character (hot-tempered, off his game, less strategic, unskilled…), but I’m willing to consider that there is good reason for this version of him and perhaps we just haven’t had time to on panel to explore further:

• New circumstances: I guess you can argue that this is an entirely new situation for Gambit. The stakes are much higher than ever before. He is in a marriage (that he chose) and both he and Rogue came it a point in MMX where they realized they wanted it all (a future together, possibly a family). Although Rogue has always been important to him, there is a shift when you are married. There is less weighing of loyalties and as Rogue explained in MMX, he is now the most important thing in the world to her, and the same goes for Remy. So raising the stakes by putting Rogue and their future in jeopardy could make Gambit fly off the handle. And it’s not like flower coma is anything they’ve encountered before or that you can easily resolve. It’s a total wild card. Furthermore, the Comic Book Couple Counselling podcast reminded me once again how talking plays a big part of Rogue and Gambit’s relationship (and wayback when, that was all they had to connect). So the panels in Excalibur #4 where Gambit tells flower Rogue how much he wants to talk to her and then flipping out after someone throws a bottle at him seems more plausible for me).
    • Gambit has been conned by –[A]– before: While it still stings and I can’t believe it ever happened (and I blame it on writers who hated Gambit at the time), it’s canon that –[A]– tricked Gambit into becoming Death. This transformation ultimately destroyed his already fragile relationship with Rogue after returning from Valle Soleada and he was so manipulated, he tried to kill Rogue. So, –[A]– would rank very high for Gambit in terms of dangers and hating. And it would enrage him that –[A]– is pulling all the strings given her current state. So yes, he is probably feeling desperate, as stated on this thread.
    • Ultimately, Gambit is the smartest tool in the shed: He is the only one not falling for –[A]–’s deceit and plans. And he comes up with a strategy to wreck –[A]–’s timelines and to wake Rogue up early. So while the others continue to tease (probably in attempts to get back the Gambit they know and love) and belittle him, is this really the team you want to have a high opinion of you? Because their judgement is pretty off as it is. I wouldn’t really want to be aligned or praised by them at the moment.

And being honest, I would say that Excalibur #5 was a pretty good issue for Rogue. We see she is still a powerhouse (able to fight –[A]–), a rogue (willing to do her own thing and going against “the man”), a sweetheart (she was adorbs playing with fire dog), a southern gal (I did like the Dolly Parton callout), and a clever lady (she figured out Rachel was fire dog and followed her through the dreamscape). And Rogue is devoted to Gambit and moves heaven and earth to get to him when she senses he is in trouble. I thought her last line about waiting for a kiss was funny and she looked gorgeous throughout the issue (with some callbacks to her savage land/first meeting of Gambit/Rogue look) well until she absorbed –[A]–.

So with all this AND KT’s endorsement for #6, I’m strapping in…for a little longer at least.
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 01-14-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I might try to do a couple really short stories for a couple days. I've got ideas for something for Thursday, at least
    Oh, I hope you do!!! I'm so looking forward to what everyone comes up with! That theme would be so fun to work with. Plus, bonus Romy reading while we wait for comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I have idea but not sure for what day I can use it. I will pm you when I have some sketch
    Yay!!! Can't wait to see!

And thanks Lego!!! I was rather surprised and honored to get on air credit, even if it does reveal the depth of my fangirl obsession. But hey ... I'll shamelessly do what it takes to spread the gospel of Rogue and Gambit. LOL

So yeah, I'm crossing my fingers for a fulfilling arc end for #6 next week. And if not ... well, we always got fanworks week and CBCC to lift our spirits.

There was this image today ... so we know Rogue will be weird for a while. Hopefully not the whole issue? Especially if we can hope for some steamy R&G.

excal.jpg

IMG_20200113_190319.jpg

Guys!!! Look at this update from Lukas Werneck on Twitter!

Oh man, I wish Marvel would just pay him for this design. It's absolutely perfect! I love all the black and the dark green and gold. Just seems more sophisticated.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

IMG_20200113_190319.jpg

Oh man, I wish Marvel would just pay him for this design. It's absolutely perfect! I love all the black and the dark green and gold. Just seems more sophisticated.
    It’s not 50 shades of green, so I love it.

LegoLiz: I really like the point about communication being important to Remy and Rogue - they're best friends too, so I can imagine it being hard to process for Remy considering how bonkers a situation he suddenly found himself in, alone. Hopefully they get to have a nice long chat soon! (With their cats, perhaps.)

There was this image today ... so we know Rogue will be weird for a while. Hopefully not the whole issue? Especially if we can hope for some steamy R&G.

excal.jpg
    I guess that Rogue did make out with Remy and the end of Rogue & Gambit when she had all the powers. Of course, it's very different when she's rocking the -[A]- face though!

IMG_20200113_190319.jpg

This is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I guess that Rogue did make out with Remy and the end of Rogue & Gambit when she had all the powers. Of course, it's very different when she's rocking the -[A]- face though!
    Yeah, I can't help but think that would be a bridge too far. He had -[A]-'s stupid face to look at during the whole Death transformation, which was basically torture. Probably not a romantic association. Plus, Mystique is blue and ... yeah ... ewww ... let's not return to that thought or BLT.

But yes, that part from R&G when Rogue is overwhelmed with absorptions and looking truly bizarre but he kisses her anyway speaks to his character so purely.

I will say this for issue #6, I'm really not sure what to expect.

IMG_20200113_190319.jpg

I really like that. Would love to see something like this in the MCU
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

And thanks Lego!!! I was rather surprised and honored to get on air credit, even if it does reveal the depth of my fangirl obsession. But hey ... I'll shamelessly do what it takes to spread the gospel of Rogue and Gambit. LOL
    Not just simple on-air credit, but blatant adoration. The CBCC duo brought their A-game to chat Romy because they knew you were listening We’re fortunate to have you on our side!

So yeah, I'm crossing my fingers for a fulfilling arc end for #6 next week. And if not ... well, we always got fanworks week and CBCC to lift our spirits.
    I’m staying as hopeful as I can. And looking forward to fanworks week and more CBCC podcasts focused on Gambit and Rogue. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    LegoLiz: I really like the point about communication being important to Remy and Rogue - they're best friends too, so I can imagine it being hard to process for Remy considering how bonkers a situation he suddenly found himself in, alone. Hopefully they get to have a nice long chat soon! (With their cats, perhaps.)
    Yes, we are due a good conversation and even playful bantering given how cold Rogue felt (in my opinion) during their last interactions in Excalibur #1. Keeping the faith here.

IMG_20200113_190319.jpg

Nice! Rogue is due for a new look. Something like this would be cool.

Rogue with an Apocalypse face? Ugh. No thank you.

Random thought: I wonder if there will be any(!) news regarding the Funko Pop rumors from last year...