Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1563
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Hoooooooooly ****. Wow, you've got some great stuff. Really jealous of those original Clay Mann covers
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Wow, Thjan!
    Such a great collection. Somany original art. Love all that!
    Thanks for sharing with us. Such things are very needed

Looooove that original page from Gambit 11!
    Thanks, Purplevit! And yeah I love that page too! That was such a cool scene in that comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Hoooooooooly ****. Wow, you've got some great stuff. Really jealous of those original Clay Mann covers
    Thanks! I feel lucky to have any original art. When I first learned that you could actually buy the original artwork for a comic I was floored and couldn't believe it. That was around 10 years ago and I think I have built a pretty nice collection over the years.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Post #2-

Some more early Abjectiveless and some of my favorite X-Treme issues.

Some Funkos, cards, pins, and Joe Mad issues(with #350 in the image below).

Another hodge podge with the original art to Gambit(2012) #8 by Clay Mann! As you may have seen in another post in the Gambit thread, 350, Storm and Gambit 1, and Gambit 8 are some of my favorite Gambit covers.
    Amazing collection. Really cool. Love the comics and sketches and cards

Amazing collection thjan!

So the hashtag #My5Xmen was trending on Twitter yesterday where people give their ideal 5 X-Men teams and I saw SO many teams with Gambit and Rogue, both together and separately. The people love Rogue and Gambit!

I wish Marvel and more writers would get the memo.

I hate that these two very popular heavy hitters are absolute wallpaper in their current team book and to top it off, have no roles in any of the central plots of this Krakoa era, and are getting no play anywhere else in any other book. Meanwhile ... how many times and in how many books have we now seen Cyclops, Jean, Emma, and Wolverine?

I guess at least they didn't get stuck in the Vault like poor Laura.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

So the hashtag #My5Xmen was trending on Twitter yesterday where people give their ideal 5 X-Men teams and I saw SO many teams with Gambit and Rogue, both together and separately. The people love Rogue and Gambit!

I hate that these two very popular heavy hitters are absolute wallpaper in their current team book and to top it off, have no roles in any of the central plots of this Krakoa era, and are getting no play anywhere else in any other book. Meanwhile ... how many times and in how many books have we now seen Cyclops, Jean, Emma, and Wolverine?

As a Kurt fan, I hear you (I’m pretty fond of Rogue and Remy too).

Back when MMX was still coming out, I remember wishing they were involved with the X-Men again. Now they are and I just miss MMX

I mean, I get why they use those 4 you mentioned since they're kind of the "faces" of the X-Men right now, but it's so frustrating how they drive so many of the stories right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I'm still floored that Kurt hasn't been used more recently. He's a top X-Man for me as well.
    Make Good Art

Yes! Definitely! Kurt is amazing and so popular and he doesn't even have a regular book right now. He was my alternate 5th X-Man. Truth be told, I wish X-Men:Red had been a longer run to get more Kurt and Remy interactions and panel time!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Yes! Definitely! Kurt is amazing and so popular and he doesn't even have a regular book right now. He was my alternate 5th X-Man. Truth be told, I wish X-Men:Red had been a longer run to get more Kurt and Remy interactions and panel time!
    I want to see more Kurt and Rogue time, they so rarely interact. I want to see her teasing him over “Make More Mutants”!

I want to see more Kurt and Rogue time, they so rarely interact. I want to see her teasing him over “Make More Mutants”!
    Totally agree
    Plus, I remembered Rogue's second mini where she teased Kurt with the phone conversation, it was so cute
    With the "make more mutants" it would be even better, although Rogue doesn't want children (but I'm sure Kurt would support her if she told him)

Totally! I could go for both, truth be told. Kurt is like the magic sauce for any X-book. And throw in Mystique just for the the added drama.

4a850fc3-8fcb-4690-a549-0f254a12e7f6.jpg
    Gambit teaching us about consent.

Ran across this on Tumblr and got a laugh. And this thread needs a laugh!

I've been cruising through XTAS episide for a project I'm working on, taking notes, and I was actually pretty amazed by how many Rogue and Gambit scenes that series delivered. It never seemed that significant in the series as a whole until I started tracking it by season and episode.

Anyhow ... I suppose we can brace ourselves for the Excalibur preview tomorrow.

I'm trying to talk myself into trying to give it a clean slate and read the next issue with no expectations. ... we'll see.

I've been cruising through XTAS episide for a project I'm working on, taking notes, and I was actually pretty amazed by how many Rogue and Gambit scenes that series delivered. It never seemed that significant in the series as a whole until I started tracking it by season and episode.

I'm trying to talk myself into trying to give it a clean slate and read the next issue with no expectations. ... we'll see.
    Lol at that pic) You made my day!

I love your never ending optimism.

Nice! Would this project happen to be for the Rogue/Gambit week extra prompts? I actually just started something for that today.

I agree, though. They did a lot of great Romy stuff throughout. I'm slowly watching through the series and am coming up on Sanctuary in Season 4. Iirc, there is some good Romy-ness and I'm very excited for it
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Nice! Would this project happen to be for the Rogue/Gambit week extra prompts? I actually just started something for that today.
    I wish! I need to think on those. It's actually for a podcast.

I agree, though. They did a lot of great Romy stuff throughout. I'm slowly watching through the series and am coming up on Sanctuary in Season 4. Iirc, there is some good Romy-ness and I'm very excited for it
    I kept on thinking- OMG how is this much sexy flirting happening in a KIDS show!? LOL Like watching this from an adult perspective is a whole new experience and I'm here for it. And also, these two are far and I mean FAR more fun romantically than the established Scott/Jean pairing in this series. But yeah, some good Romy in the Sanctuary episodes! I wrote them down.

Whoop, there it is:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr.../excalibur-11/

No Romy in the preview though.