Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Nothing new. Just a speculation on already released rumours. But it`s always nice to read such things.

The MCU May Be Planning to Incorporate Rogue and Gambit's Famous Romance
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-romance.html/

I have a question. What if Rogue died and was resurrected by the 5: no more Wonder Man powers?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I have a question. What if Rogue died and was resurrected by the 5: no more Wonder Man powers?
    They have Proteus who is a reality warper. So I am sure she will stay with Wonder Man powers. She is not as interesting without them.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-09-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I wonder if that is included in Rogue's will.

"Don't y'all DARE not include Simon's BOOM WHIZ POW y'hear?"

I mean, we HAVE seen Rogue without her flying brick powers before so it wouldn't be new really if that happened. Like all throughout X-Men Legacy. Also in the X-Men: Evolution cartoon series. When she's not a flying brick, she has to lean into using her absorption powers to borrow from her fellow mutants to be effective in a battle. In other words, she needs to have control.

I mean, that does tend to lend to more creativity with her and make her less invincible at times which can be nice, but then I eventually end up missing the fun, brash Rogue who punches people in the face and plays tag with fighter jets. ; )

I prefer her as a flying brick generally, though I think her invulnerability has possibly been taken a bit too far at times? I love to see a writer utilize both aspects and I'd like to see her become more comfortable borrowing powers again, especially with Gambit and other close allies she has trust with.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Nothing new. Just a speculation on already released rumours. But it`s always nice to read such things.

Well, that would be awesome (and a no-brainer imo). Considering the FoX-Men never had this romance, it would be a good way for Disney to do something new

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I mean, we HAVE seen Rogue without her flying brick powers before so it wouldn't be new really if that happened. Like all throughout X-Men Legacy. Also in the X-Men: Evolution cartoon series. When she's not a flying brick, she has to lean into using her absorption powers to borrow from her fellow mutants to be effective in a battle. In other words, she needs to have control.

I mean, that does tend to lend to more creativity with her and make her less invincible at times which can be nice, but then I eventually end up missing the fun, brash Rogue who punches people in the face and plays tag with fighter jets. ; )

I prefer her as a flying brick generally, though I think her invulnerability has possibly been taken a bit too far at times? I love to see a writer utilize both aspects and I'd like to see her become more comfortable borrowing powers again, especially with Gambit and other close allies she has trust with.
    I totally get what you mean. I don't think she's more or less interesting with or without the flying brick powerse. I think she just needs control.

Not a perfect comparison, but one of my favorite Rogue moments is in X-Treme when she's fighting off an entire army, channeling the different powers she's used over the years. I'd like to see more of that in the future, where she's able to have more control and come up with more creative ways to use her powers. The key is probably to just put some limits on her powers so she isn't able to access all of the powers she's ever absorbed.
    Make Good Art

I hope this is true so bad. I mean, I worry about them getting it wrong, but I trust the MCU moreso than Fox to finally get them both right.

Also, look who arrived today:
    20200409_123736.jpg

I hope this is true so bad. I mean, I worry about them getting it wrong, but I trust the MCU moreso than Fox to finally get them both right.

Also, look who arrived today:
    20200409_123736.jpg
    Niiiiice! I'm supposed to get mine in tomorrow.

Also, has anyone been reading the new Tini interview? I've been seeing some negative reactions to her responses over on the Upcoming X-Books Art Teases thread

Edit: I guess it was a live Instagram video. Apparently they teased some Gambit art
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 04-09-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

Also, has anyone been reading the new Tini interview? I've been seeing some negative reactions to her responses over on the Upcoming X-Books Art Teases thread

Edit: I guess it was a live Instagram video. Apparently they teased some Gambit art
    Crap, I wanted to listen to that but between work and the kids needing guidance I got distracted.

I find it funny (or ironic?) that Fox's insistance on not giving us Romy may influence Disney/Marvel to introduce them as such in their films...just to be different. A blessing in disguise, I guess? LOL.

Sidebar: Funko Pops are adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

That art was teased. A fight vs very dangerous people with bows. Excalibur villains are just a joke.

That art was teased. A fight vs very dangerous people with bows. Excalibur villains are just a joke.

Yeah ... kind of looks like the standard "Gambit throws cards real good" move.

Ok, I don't usually get that into fan casting but I saw a site speculating about the rumored Gambit series for Disney+ and suggest Scott Eastwood for Gambit and I really could go for this:
    image.jpg

Thoughts?

Thank you! Cool art, doesn't necessarily excite me though haha

Yeah ... kind of looks like the standard "Gambit throws cards real good" move.

Ok, I don't usually get that into fan casting but I saw a site speculating about the rumored Gambit series for Disney+ and suggest Scott Eastwood for Gambit and I really could go for this:
    image.jpg

Thoughts?
    I haven't seen him in much but he's got the looks for it. I think he's been fan-cast for Wolverine in the past, but Gambit would be a better fit body-wise imo
    Make Good Art

Scott Eastwood is 34. I think he is too old for MCU Gambit.
    I think MCU Gambit will be around 25 because 30+ year Gambit could play Tatum.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Gambit’s charging energy and Psylocke’s telepathy being the same color is such a trip. It makes my mind think either Gambit has charged her shield or his cards are mental. Could the colorist not have tweaked this slightly? There’s like at least one than one shade of pink.