Page 34 of 105 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Just read Excalibur #6. Dang, I thought for sure Rogue was pregnant. I think the art was intentionally vague though especially since they had a whole conversation about babies and confirmed that she wasnt at the end of the arc

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That looks a lot like Peter V Nguyen's art, but I can't tell for sure
    I agree. If it isn't they're remarkably similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    Thanks! Beautiful art. I love how light is painted here.

Lords of the Long Box Rumour: Gambit series is planned by Disney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yv5u5Ct8fw

Characters being reserved for it. Probably Disney + or even Hulu if darker. Very early in concept.
    Kevin Feige really likes a character. He wants to do like a modern take on Maverick. It is going to be based in Nola.

Characters that Marvel wants to use for an upcoming Gambit MCU Series:
    - Thieves and Assassins Guilds
    - Etienne Marceaux – Probably a flashback (best friend of teen Remy)
    - Marauders
    - Candra
    - Pig – Gambit villain from Nicieza solo. The Pig raised children to become fighters and skilled linguists and sell them on the Black Market. In this story Gambit is using a charged card for a first time. Etienne is with him on this adventure.
    - Bella Donna Boudreux

Gambit Series to be kind of a modern western set in NOLA.
    Tatum is definitely not playing. Probably a younger actor.
    Rogue is tied up to Captain Marvel. Probably won`t appear.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Characters being reserved for it. Probably Disney + or even Hulu if darker. Very early in concept.
    Kevin Feige really likes a character. He wants to do like a modern take on Maverick. It is going to be based in Nola.

- Marauders
    - Candra
    - Pig – Gambit villain from Nicieza solo. The Pig raised children to become fighters and skilled linguists and sell them on the Black Market. In this story Gambit is using a charged card for a first time. Etienne is with him on this adventure.
    - Bella Donna Boudreux

If true, this has a lot of potential to be good
    Make Good Art

- Marauders
    - Candra
    - Bella Donna Boudreux

I am so super stoked if this all pans out to be true! Thanks for sharing Purp!

Actually letting them both get in their full true backstories separately first and then hopefully pulling them into an X-Men movie together later would be absolutely amazing and the best of all possible worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That looks a lot like Peter V Nguyen's art, but I can't tell for sure
    You are right, it is by Nguyen- https://www.deviantart.com/peter-v-n...time-544058847

Gambit Movie Reportedly Back On Track, New Actor Eyed For Lead
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...arvel-studios/

Marvel apparently likes the current script and wants to make the movie as soon as possible.

They’ll recast the main role and are apparently looking to bring back one of the many directors who was originally attached, Gore Verbinski. Of course, many won’t believe Gambit is actually happening until they actually sit down in the theater to watch it, but we’re told that it’s back on track and Marvel is hoping to get it into production soon.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

So now we’re back to the rumor being a movie? Just a couple of days ago it was a tv series.

Whatever, let’s just get some form going if we’re really getting Rogue introduced in CM2. I want some Romy on my screen before I’m awarded my AARP card.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Nice! Thanks for finding it.

Gambit Movie Reportedly Back On Track, New Actor Eyed For Lead
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...arvel-studios/

Marvel apparently likes the current script and wants to make the movie as soon as possible.

They’ll recast the main role and are apparently looking to bring back one of the many directors who was originally attached, Gore Verbinski. Of course, many won’t believe Gambit is actually happening until they actually sit down in the theater to watch it, but we’re told that it’s back on track and Marvel is hoping to get it into production soon.
    Theoretically, if this is happening, I kind of like the idea of Verbinski directing. I still really like the Pirates movies, despite their faults
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    So now weÂ’re back to the rumor being a movie? Just a couple of days ago it was a tv series.

Whatever, letÂ’s just get some form going if weÂ’re really getting Rogue introduced in CM2. I want some Romy on my screen before IÂ’m awarded my AARP card.
    You are the best. You know that right? LOL

HARD SAME.

On my "all I want before I die" list is a good onscreen Romy.

I still think Gambit would make a kickass series, but I won't squawk at him getting a movie either. A series would give us more time to tease out all the delicious nuances in his story and really explore that gray, gritty history in full so that he's not a perfect shiny boy scout hero when we first meet him as an X-Man. But a well done movie could get us there also.

Now Rogue ... she's a go big or go home sort of character. So I want her in Captain Marvel in the worst way. She would make a great sympathetic villain and I want to see her before and after the CM powers. Also it would raise the excitement for CM big time. They MUST know this.

Well rumours are nice. I prefer it over nothing. Still this makes me question the validity of them both. Trying to be positive though. For instance this makes it more probable that Feige or someone at marvel/disney actually likes Gambit. So I guess that specific rumour actually has some merit =)

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well rumours are nice. I prefer it over nothing. Still this makes me question the validity of them both. Trying to be positive though. For instance this makes it more probable that Feige or someone at marvel/disney actually likes Gambit. So I guess that specific rumour actually has some merit =)
    Sometimes I wonder if rumors are purposefully seeded to see what kind of response they get. It's definitely a way to test out the interest level for something with relatively no risk. If the feedback is negative, well then it was just a baseless rumor, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if rumors are purposefully seeded to see what kind of response they get. It's definitely a way to test out the interest level for something with relatively no risk. If the feedback is negative, well then it was just a baseless rumor, right?
    I could see that. It's kind of like how they leaked the Deadpool test footage to stir up some excitement
    Make Good Art