Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    or is better Mags-Rogue-Gambit?

if feel that more shocking and weird
    That's a hard no from me at least. No interest in reading that arrangement and Mags is absolutely bottom of the list if I was forced to choose a third wheel.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh yeah ... Rogue is giving you the full fat and sugar recipe, definitely on the whiskey ... no EVOO or artificial sweeteners happening there.
    She subs eggs out for straight mayo. Like, she’s got Tasty videos on while she’s cooking (and drinking) and just finds new ways to sub random **** in. Sometimes she tells Gambit. But usually not.

Maybe she and Remy can share? Or he'll scape up a nice rapier. Or ... more likely neither of them gets a Sword.
    I’m hoping that her having the upcoming Free Comicbook Day story actually does mean she’ll show up in X of Sword in some fashion.

Who are you poly for them?
    I am pro-poly but I just don’t see Gambit & Rogue going that way currently. Rogue is just so not that girl and Gambit wouldn’t push it.

I’d like the Wolverine-Jean-Cyclops more if they’d trade Cyclops out for someone else. Jean, love yourself, you can do better!

Rogue fans!

Why are you thougths are bout the "EMMA-SCOTT-JEAN-LOGAN" thing? you see this two getting the poly activated?

Mine are ROGUE-REMY-STORM-COLOSSUS
    Gambit and Rogue had enough of lame triangles and not needed drama over years. They should stay happy together without additional partners.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit and Rogue had enough of lame triangles and not needed drama over years. They should stay happy together without additional partners.
    Pretty much. Putting them in a poly-relationship at this point would cheapen their wedding imo.
    Make Good Art

I would welcome them in a poly relationship just to see them interact with characters other than each other.

Astonishing Member

Obviously you don’t need poly for that. You just need the writers to get off their lazy bums and try writing some character interactions that don’t involve shipping. It’s not hard to do and they could if they tried...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Obviously you don’t need poly for that. You just need the writers to get off their lazy bums and try writing some character interactions that don’t involve shipping. It’s not hard to do and they could if they tried...
    Right? Still awaiting those great Blue team feels from Excalibur. Jubilee and Gambit had such a great rapport in the early 90s and later in the Marjorie Liu Astonishing. Where did that go? Betsy was fairly chummy with Rogue in the Outback, while Remy and her tended to but heads through the 90s. Just not feeling much of anything from them currently except universally giving Gambit ****.

Extraordinary Member

Rogue fans!

Why are you thougths are bout the "EMMA-SCOTT-JEAN-LOGAN" thing? you see this two getting the poly activated?

Mine are ROGUE-REMY-STORM-COLOSSUS
    I could see Gambit and Rogue participating in the same orgy. But not an open ongoing poly relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I would welcome them in a poly relationship just to see them interact with characters other than each other.
    i didn't knew friendships didn't existed

IMG_20200712_215853.jpg

Loving this Rogue from Sergio Acuna on Twitter. The kicking a$$ and taking names glare is chef's kiss.

IMG_20200712_215853.jpg

Loving this Rogue from Sergio Acuna on Twitter. The kicking a$$ and taking names glare is chef's kiss.
    Wow, yeah that's really good. Definitely captures her attitude well
    Make Good Art

IMG_20200712_215853.jpg

This looks awesome
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Right? Still awaiting those great Blue team feels from Excalibur. Jubilee and Gambit had such a great rapport in the early 90s and later in the Marjorie Liu Astonishing. Where did that go? Betsy was fairly chummy with Rogue in the Outback, while Remy and her tended to but heads through the 90s. Just not feeling much of anything from them currently except universally giving Gambit ****.
    I hate how writers don't highlight specific friendships as much as they used to. Now all of the well-known X-Men seem to be generically friendly with each other without any nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I hate how writers don't highlight specific friendships as much as they used to. Now all of the well-known X-Men seem to be generically friendly with each other without any nuance.
    That's a good way of putting it. I'm sure it can be difficult remembering all of the continuity and interactions that every character has ever had, but (as AppleJ pointed out), Gambit and Jubilee have worked together in a lot of books. Why does she all of a sudden not trust Gambit with her kid? It's fine if she feels that way, but at least give some reason why her attitude has changed. Otherwise, it just feels like the writer is making (yet another) jab at the character for laughs.

Idk. I feel like I'm just going in circles talking about Excalibur sometimes haha. I'm probably over-thinking it and Tini just doesn't really care about the inner-team relationships as much as telling the story.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yes, that's exactly it! And that's the kind of stuff I live for. Maybe that's why I've felt so unenthusiastic since the relaunch? I know it's not the only thing, but I think it's the main thing. The books playing up character moments and interpersonal moments the most are the ones that are really the closest to satisfying me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's a good way of putting it. I'm sure it can be difficult remembering all of the continuity and interactions that every character has ever had, but (as AppleJ pointed out), Gambit and Jubilee have worked together in a lot of books. Why does she all of a sudden not trust Gambit with her kid? It's fine if she feels that way, but at least give some reason why her attitude has changed. Otherwise, it just feels like the writer is making (yet another) jab at the character for laughs.

Idk. I feel like I'm just going in circles talking about Excalibur sometimes haha. I'm probably over-thinking it and Tini just doesn't really care about the inner-team relationships as much as telling the story.
    Right? Can I buy Jubilee teasing him and giving him a hard time like a little sister? TOTALLY. Do I believe she legit doesn't trust him? Not at all. I mean, doubting his baby-handling skills at first I can maybe buy given his limited experience at least to her knowledge. But it doesn't come off lighthearted. Goes back to the dialogue troubles many readers are experiencing with this book. So many having to reread pages just to suss out meanings and intentions.

But yeah, we are totally treading water with this subject and this series and DoX in general. It feels like new threads are getting seeded constantly each book, but we're not getting any answers to existing threads or much forward progress on plots. You can blame a lot on COVID obviously. But the momentum of these initially designed for rapid release books is getting lost when they're so spaced out and so little happens issue to issue.

There's also been so little connective tissue to past, pre-DoX comics. Great for new readers I guess? But again, I live for that stuff and miss it.

I can't believe we're approaching a year since MMX ended. Feels like an eternity and there's no end to this status quo in sight.

Meanwhile my envy of BatCat grows. LOL Ready for that book to launch already.

I wonder if Tom King would ever write the X-Men? What would that even look like? If he ever decided to cross the isle over to Marvel ... I don't read enough DC to know if he's done much for team books or how that has gone. I just really like a lot of his concentrated works like Mr. Miracle.

Just thinking they'll need someone to fill Hickman's very large and famous shoes whenever he grows tired of us very annoying X-fans.