Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok, I'm getting excited!!! Please be Kelly or Vita!!!

Also LeBeau Baby Watch 2020 continues.
    I don't thini it's Vita because they're supposed to have Storm in the roster.

KT did tweet she has a book announcement today.

But this looks like an anthology book, to be honest.

EDITED: oooops, confirmed to be by Ayala and Bernard Chang.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 01-17-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am very surprised. I didn't expect Gambit to be in anything new before fall 2020.

It is ongoing or one-shot?
    And this is out this April? I'm totally buying this!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I don't thini it's Vita because they're supposed to have Storm in the roster.

KT did tweet she has a book announcement today.

But this looks like an anthology book, to be honest.

EDITED: oooops, confirmed to be by Ayala and Bernard Chang.
    I like Vita's previous work on Prisoner X, so hopefully it bodes well.

Guys I think this LITERALLY going to be children of the atom.

I think we have a baby LeBeau coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Ooorrrrr we get a weird fully grown pod chimera ...

Which I'm far less excited about.

Spectacular Member

Ooorrrrr we get a weird fully grown pod chimera ...

Which I'm far less excited about.
    I've moved on from "less excited" to depressed. Not adding this to my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    I've moved on from "less excited" to depressed. Not adding this to my pull list.
    Yeah, I'm sure Vita will write a good story. But I don't see any Rogue in there. And a fully grown chimera kid isn't what I was hoping for at all. Is this REALLY what Rogue meant about that 3rd law? It doesn't seem like it.

Just seems like they wanted new "pass-the-torch" characters with better diversity. And chimeras are an easy way to achieve that. It could be interesting I suppose, but it's not really what I was hoping for.

Great for new readers maybe. I'm not ready to move on from the OG Gambit yet. He has plenty of story left to tell.

And where's Rogue gonna be in all this?

All that foreshadowing and ... we get chimeras? Ehhhh

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

So this is the true story (true story) of 5 chimeras picked to live in a pod house and see how they do? Like, I’m down to see Sinister’s madman lack-of-ethics at work but does this take place in the future (which I’m thinking is implied by the 2nd cover but who the **** knows?) or present?

Here’s hoping it’s weird, batshit & fun. No sure how well this concept works taken super serious.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    So this is the true story (true story) of 5 chimeras picked to live in a pod house and see how they do? Like, I’m down to see Sinister’s madman lack-of-ethics at work but does this take place in the future (which I’m thinking is implied by the 2nd cover but who the **** knows?) or present?

Here’s hoping it’s weird, batshit & fun. No sure how well this concept works taken super serious.
    Hmmmm, the AIPT article describes them as teen sidekicks and fans/admirers of the X-Men. So yeah ... I don't really know WHAT this is ... only that we already have plenty of teen characters already. Maybe apprentices of a sort? But yeah, excitement level went from 10 to 3.

What...is...going...on. Nevermind. I don't think I want to know. This is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    What...is...going...on. Nevermind. I don't think I want to know. This is depressing.
    Ok so ... bright side? At least SOMEONE admires Gambit? Still not clear if these are humans in suits or that have been "given" powers? And Remy really does shine as a teacher, so perhaps he'll get a little positive book time this way?

It REALLY feels like this is meant to appeal to a younger, teen audience much like other torch passing characters (Laura Kinney, Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, Spider Gwen, Iron Heart, Jane Foster, Kate Bishop, etc). I do like these characters and they haven't really overshadowed their predecessors for the most part.

I'm not clear if these are mutants or human fans that want to cosplay these characters and also not sure what the function of sidekicks would even be in this new world. I can see Remy taking an apprentice under his wing. But I'd like it a lot better if she had her own stchik instead of copying his exactly.

Oh well ...

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Hmmmm, the AIPT article describes them as teen sidekicks and fans/admirers of the X-Men. So yeah ... I don't really know WHAT this is ... only that we already have plenty of teen characters already. Maybe apprentices of a sort? But yeah, excitement level went from 10 to 3.
    Yeah now that I‘ve read the article on the series, it sounds like a bunch of fanboys/fangirls being side kicks to the X-Men they stan instead of chimeras. Listen, this sounds fun. And as someone currently avoiding checking her work email by skimming through a message board about comic characters she loves, this is relatable content.

Ok so ... bright side? At least SOMEONE admires Gambit? Still not clear if these are humans in suits or that have been "given" powers? And Remy really does shine as a teacher, so perhaps he'll get a little positive book time this way?
    Yeah, someone actually looking up to Gambit would be nice. That and him possibly being involved in the title is the only reason I'm considering getting it all, since I generally don't enjoy knock-off characters with exact same abilities as the original hero. I still need to hear more information before I decide though. I'm just glad that it is looking like they will not be artificially fast grown children of X-Men characters as was originally speculated. As much as I want Rogue and Gambit to have a kid, I would not have wanted it done that way. I mean that would just be messed up in so many different ways.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Yeah now that I‘ve read the article on the series, it sounds like a bunch of fanboys/fangirls being side kicks to the X-Men they stan instead of chimeras. Listen, this sounds fun. And as someone currently avoiding checking her work email by skimming through a message board about comic characters she loves, this is relatable content.
    This could be fun. If it gives us an opportunity to read more Teacher Gambit a la Liu's X-23, then I'm all for it.
    Make Good Art

Look, look!!! They're coming! Woohoo!
    https://twitter.com/spltn83/status/1...233251840?s=19

Also ... I'm guessing everyone has seen the anonymous rumor that was posted about a plot concerning upcoming X-kids (no, not referring to the Vita book ... probably).

But I got to thinking ... Kelly, Matt, and Ed knew for quite some time that Hickman and this whole Krakoa plot were coming. So when I reread through MMX knowing what they knew ... and read between the lines a bit ... the "I want it all" from both characters and the ending with Rogue's "maybe, someday" ... I can't help think there were some big seeds being planted. Now combine that with Rogue's question to Remy in Excalibur #1, all this imagery, and this little rumor.

All I can think is LeBeau baby watch 2020 is heating up.