Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1563

Ugh I don't know if I even have it in me to vote this year for the CBR best/worst. The lack of good Rogue/Gambit stories has kind of soured me on any enthusiasm for the whole line even though I think several books are quite good. Just not Excalibur. And I can't care much about an era where my favorites characters have no real role.

But if any of ya'll feel like voting for something else, consider voting on what prompts you might like for the Rogue and Gambit fanworks week.

Here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...7-avw/viewform

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ugh I don't know if I even have it in me to vote this year for the CBR best/worst. The lack of good Rogue/Gambit stories has kind of soured me on any enthusiasm for the whole line even though I think several books are quite good. Just not Excalibur. And I can't care much about an era where my favorites characters have no real role.

But if any of ya'll feel like voting for something else, consider voting on what prompts you might like for the Rogue and Gambit fanworks week.

Here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...7-avw/viewform
    If I'm being honest, part of the reason I wanted to vote was to cast a vote for Tini as worst writer lol but mostly to sing some praise for Hellions
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    If I'm being honest, part of the reason I wanted to vote was to cast a vote for Tini as worst writer lol but mostly to sing some praise for Hellions
    Usually I a am a lover, not a hater but for me it was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Usually I a am a lover, not a hater but for me it was the same.
    Ugh same guys ... I haven't yet, but it did cross my mind. I usually don't agree with the "worst of" voting and usually skip those. But this year might be an exception.

I just want to get back to liking my characters and their direction again.

I wouldn't say Tini is a bad writer
    I love what she did with Rachel, and her versions of Apocalypse, Rictor and Saturnyne remain interesting
    And don't forget that she co-wrote the excellent XoS Creation

However, it is true that she doesn't really seem to want to put any effort into Remy's writing and doesn't really understand Rogue (I don't think she finds anything interesting in Remy (that makes me think about that interview with Kelly where she ignored all the questions about Remy)) and I don't think she hates Rogue)

The preview for Excalibur #16 is out. Rogue and Remy have a lovely house, and Rogue mourns Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I wouldn't say Tini is a bad writer
    I love what she did with Rachel, and her versions of Apocalypse, Rictor and Saturnyne remain interesting
    And don't forget that she co-wrote the excellent XoS Creation

However, it is true that she doesn't really seem to want to put any effort into Remy's writing and doesn't really understand Rogue (I don't think she finds anything interesting in Remy (that makes me think about that interview with Kelly where she ignored all the questions about Remy)) and I don't think she hates Rogue)
    That's fair. I haven't read enough of her stuff outside of the X-Line to say if she's a bad writer, but she's my least favorite X-writer by far. I agree about Saturnyne but I don't find her Apocalypse all that interesting and I have had a hard time with her Rictor. I used to like Rictor a lot but his characterization in this has kind of frustrated me. And I'd be interested to know how they split up the writing for XoS Creation. It was good, but it felt very Hickman-y to me.
    Make Good Art

It's been 16 issues. Is Rogue in love with Betsy and that's why she can't talk about anything else?
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 12-17-2020 at 02:52 PM.

I love that they have a normal house and not one of those Krakoan habitats or whatever they are called. Hoping to see more interaction between them and them taking a more active role now that Apocalypse and Betsy are not around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

It's been 16 issues. Is Rogue in love with Betsy and that's why she can't talk about anything else?
    Oh wow. I love the art and Gambit cooking for Rogue is really sweet. But yeah, not loving that dialogue
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

I can let it slide a little. Rogue and Bets are friends from way back and they SHOULD be upset since a death in Otherworld means a "true death".

So Rogue being the overly thoughtful, morose friend I can let go. And Remy being a foodie who likes to cook shirtless also totally tracks. I also buy him being less upset about it since they weren't that close and it's more his personality to move on. All that said, I'm still annoyed we aren't seeing them question Apocalypse's manipulations that got them to this point.

I have very high expectations for this issue to either do something meaningful with these characters at last that have been so largely wasted or GTFO.

But I do appreciate To's beautiful rendering of them.

Rogue was also very upset when Betsy was killed by Vargas. I'm not surprised that she is in mourning, especially since dying in Otherworld changes everything

Even without Betsy and Apoc, characters in this book are allowed to speak only about Betsy and Apoc.

Marcus To deserves better.

That would be fine if it hasn't been Rogue's entire role since issue #1, when she first got worried about Betsy stuck in Otherworld. Also, Betsy didn't give 2 shits about Rogue's coma, that was all Gambit. At least build up the friendship decently if you want us to invest in it.

Again, 16 issues. There's not even a suplot going on with Rogue and Gambit. There's... nothing.

Art looks gorgeous, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Even without Betsy and Apoc, characters in this book are allowed to speak only about Betsy and Apoc.

Marcus To deserves better.
    Yeah. I keep expecting a scene a scene where Rogue and Rictor meets up and realise they haven't talked to each other before. Having a embarassing silence between them until someone says either "Betsy" or "Apocalypse". Them breating a sigh of relief. Realising that even though they are gone they can keep talking about them.

I's such a fascinating, in the wrong way, example of how far you can push a mess until someone actually have to adress it.

Will Remy actually do something to impact the plot? Will Rogue finally comfort Rictor by saying: "Even though he is gone his manipulations will never leave you".

I'm preparing for an epic clusterfuck.