Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1563

Hey all, the New Year is almost upon us! Hopefully 2021 will be a better year for everyone, including Rogue and Gambit! Krakoa hasn't done much for them so far. Fingers crossed to see them get some actual action and plot contributions in the Reign of X era.

Remember to vote for themes/prompts for Rogue and Gambit week 2021 here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...7-avw/viewform

Voting ends December 31st!

Fanwork creations (fan art, fan fiction, fan edits, etc) will be posted in late February to celebrate this dynamic duo.

Also don't forget to vote for your CBR best/worst of 2020.

I know it was a year that was hard to get excited for, but your opinion matters!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hey all, the New Year is almost upon us! Hopefully 2021 will be a better year for everyone, including Rogue and Gambit! Krakoa hasn't done much for them so far. Fingers crossed to see them get some actual action and plot contributions in the Reign of X era.

Remember to vote for themes/prompts for Rogue and Gambit week 2021 here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...7-avw/viewform

Voting ends December 31st!

Fanwork creations (fan art, fan fiction, fan edits, etc) will be posted in late February to celebrate this dynamic duo.

I know it was a year that was hard to get excited for, but your opinion matters!
    Cool! I like this year topics more.

Xmen 16 and 17 variants.
    Art by Kael Ngu

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Xmen 16 and 17 variants.
    Art by Kael Ngu

Blech, that second one kind of ruins the first one for me a tad.

If not for BLT, I probably would find it kind of funny.

IMG_20201230_145521.jpg

Well now, how about THIS one? By Jay Anacleto.

Also ... why do they keep giving us all these gorgeous variants and no real stories?

After hearing about today's big X-Men #16 reveal, my thoughts are we will NOT see Rogue or Gambit on the new X-Men team.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 12-30-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Why are there so many Gambit variants? Is there something special about next month?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, same. That storyline needs to be forgotten
    Make Good Art

The second one brought to my mind a scene from an old Flintstones episode where Fred keeps saying to himself begrudgingly..."I love my mother-in-law, I love my mother-in-law, I love my mother-in-law..."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are there so many Gambit variants? Is there something special about next month?
    Because they like to take Gambit fans money and not give us any actual Gambit content?

IMG_20201230_145521.jpg

Wow! That one is amazing! I may have to try to get one even though I am not a fan of Hickman's X-Men books.

Also ... why do they keep giving us all these gorgeous variants and no real stories?

After hearing about today's big X-Men #16 reveal, my thoughts are we will NOT see Rogue or Gambit on the new X-Men team.
    I know right? They keep doing these gorgeous Gambit and Rogue covers on Hickman's books and then they are no where in sight. I know variant covers often don't have much to do with the inside of the comic, but these have seemed even more out of left field than usual.

And yeah, I don't see them being on the "official" X-Men team, even though they and a lot of others have more of a right than most to consider themselves "real" X-Men no matter what the circumstances.

Yep, I voted in some of the categories. I am hoping the "Mr. & Mrs. X demoted from X-couple of the year to cameo king and queen" pick does well in the low point of the year category. I noticed a lot of people voted for it.

And also on that note, purplevit, I noticed you did not finish filling out that category. I don't think your vote will be counted in that category if you do not include the full three choices(need to choose one more low point of the year).

Would anyone be interested in a letter campaign to Marvel to see more Rogue and Gambit content in X-Men? And more meaningful Gambit and Rogue content at that? Or even a "Bring back Mr. & Mrs. X" campaign, which might be a little harder sell ... not sure it has the numbers for an ongoing, but even another mini or maxi would be nice?

Of course be kind and professional, but state what you miss seeing from them? How they could be better utilized either within Excalibur or maybe outside of it?

At this point it's that or we wait it out another year.

Would anyone be interested in a letter campaign to Marvel to see more Rogue and Gambit content in X-Men? And more meaningful Gambit and Rogue content at that? Or even a "Bring back Mr. & Mrs. X" campaign, which might be a little harder sell ... not sure it has the numbers for an ongoing, but even another mini or maxi would be nice?

Of course be kind and professional, but state what you miss seeing from them? How they could be better utilized either within Excalibur or maybe outside of it?

At this point it's that or we wait it out another year.
    I am in. Don't expect that it will change anything but we must to something.

I find it funny too

Because they like to take Gambit fans money and not give us any actual Gambit content?
    Exactly. Marvel wants Gambit fans money but are not interested to use him.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 12-31-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Wouldn't it be nice if Rogue and Remy were nominated for X-Men status, per the most recent Krakoan voting announcement?
    I mean, they are off in Otherworld doing the most to find/save/rebuild/whatever Betsy so ...they likely wouldn't know they were getting votes or whatever but.... that'd be nice if they could pivot to another team/purpose.

IMG_20201230_145521.jpg

What is going on in this cover?
    I mean, A LOT is going on, but I really don't understand.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-31-2020 at 05:55 AM.