Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Yeah I'm with you, I couldn't care less what Tini has to say, I bet she is going to say some nice promising things but then she won't deliver on any of them in the actual book, just like Carey used to do in the past.
    Or she will just tell again at Gambit and Rogue Monday how much she loves Apoc and Betsy.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-10-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Glad that KT will return at least for Romy Monday. She deserves more love from fans.

https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...694360576?s=19

Here we are. Nothing super Earth shattering to report. I got a question answered which always puts a smile on my face.

RG6.jpg

My favorite of the upcoming art!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...694360576?s=19

Here we are. Nothing super Earth shattering to report. I got a question answered which always puts a smile on my face.
    I really liked KT`s answers. She gets them.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    RG6.jpg

My favorite of the upcoming art!
    Couple things:
    Loving the fur cape she’s sporting
    His hand placement is... interesting. Copping a feel during the mission eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Couple things:
    Loving the fur cape she’s sporting
    His hand placement is... interesting. Copping a feel during the mission eh?
    His arms are crossed, I believe.
    She's side-hugging him? I think.
    Still, looks very cuppy gropey grabby.

With the way the ROMY monday was structured KT could give a longer answer and Tini could just say agree or flesh it out with some conventional opinion. Like that they are best friends too.

I still have a very minor grasp on how much Tini understands them or has read about them. WIth KT it's different. Maybe it's because she was given more words or that she's more expressive.

Odd. I think the only thing that stuck for me is that Tini can see herself in Rogue and that she is married. Beyond that I didn't get any useful insight in her view of those characters.

I was kinda annoyed that on an internet column with no spacing issues a la a letters page my question was edited from:

How do you think the other X-Men and mutants view Rogue & Gambit's relationship? Not many X-Men have married after all, and they're the premiere couple in the X-Men. [Plus a follow-up question.]
    to
    Not many X-Men have gotten married. Jumpyshark wanted to know how you think the other X-Men and mutants view Rogue and Gambit’s marriage?
    They always remove multi-part questions, so I didn't mind my second one being chopped off, and probably I should have been more explicit, but I was wondering if they feel that their marriage was inspirational for mutants, who have always had to struggle but Rambit overcame this.

But that's a quibble and I enjoyed the discussion about the missing cat posters, and how you can still be madly in love while married and have adventures. Plus I got a laugh out of KT's response to Daddy Sinister.

Haha! Yeah, I laughed at that too. Because it's probably true that Remy's origins are bound to have some major unpleasantness and we all know Sinister probably has something big to do with it, but do we really want to see him suffering with that knowledge? Looking at you X-Men:The End ... though I do still think it was a very clever story. I also have seen some amazing fan fic takes on it. Perhaps one day ...

Honestly I think Tini's answers were GOOD ... but I'm not really feeling these ideas come through in her story thus far. Hopefully that changes.

But yeah, KT is the hands down Romy master when it comes to knowing their continuity. Hope she gets them back again some day!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I really liked KT`s answers. She gets them.
    Yeah, the difference between the two is huge, it's like they are in two different leagues. Please KT come back we need you!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I think the only thing that stuck for me is that Tini can see herself in Rogue and that she is married. Beyond that I didn't get any useful insight in her view of those characters.
    For someone who is married like she is, Tini's ability to write a married couple is nothing less than appalling. I don't know how aware she is of Romy fans disappointment so far with her work, if she was then she could have added some teasers to keep the fans interested, wasted opportunity.

So now Gambit is brushing Rogue's hair, *sigh*. In a different context it would have been very cute but given how Gambit has been treated so far by Howard it just makes me cringe, god can someone please save Gambit from her?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think it's sweet.
    They're married and love each other.
    Why wouldn't he brush her hair if she asked him to? Skinny-dipping in a hot tub is not the only way romantic or married couples show their love and affection for each other, you know. Most of the times it's the very 'little" things like, making a cup of coffee just the way they ike it, putting on a favoured shirt/dress, doing the dishes if they cooked, and yes brushing/combing their hair (or...twisting their locs)...that show how deeply couples care about each other.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think it's sweet.
    They're married and love each other.
    Why wouldn't he brush her hair if she asked him to? Skinny-dipping in a hot tub is not the only way romantic or married couples show their love and affection for each other, you know. Most of the times it's the very 'little" things like, making a cup of coffee just the way they ike it, putting on a favoured shirt/dress, doing the dishes if they cooked, and yes brushing/combing their hair (or...twisting their locs)...that show how deeply couples care about each other.
    Like I said before under normal circumstances it would have been very cute, but given that Gambit has been portrayed like a one-note character, whose entire personality has been reduced to "guy who is concerned about wife", well it just makes me roll my eyes.
    If Gambit had been shown as someone with some personal agency, opinions and desires that go beyond what Rogue needs and wants 24/7, it would be completely different.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's one panel, not shown in context to anything else (that might appear in the issue from which it is taken) so you can't really judge it based on what was shown before.
    Well...you can, and obviously you have have but...there is still no immediate context.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well, it is possible at least to predict that one panel after six bad issues of a really bad arc. Good writing is not happening out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-10-2020 at 01:20 PM.