Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Guys did you SEE this donation piece for St. Jude for C2E2?!
    https://twitter.com/benharveyart/sta...787838466?s=19

By Ben Harvey art.

Attachment 93756

Loving Rogue in a black suit for a change of pace and the detail of her siphoning his powers all sweet and nonchalantly is charming the pants off me.
    Romantic. Love it!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Guys did you SEE this donation piece for St. Jude for C2E2?!
    https://twitter.com/benharveyart/sta...787838466?s=19

By Ben Harvey art.

Attachment 93756

Loving Rogue in a black suit for a change of pace and the detail of her siphoning his powers all sweet and nonchalantly is charming the pants off me.
    Holy cow that's adorable! Also, the little splashes of color with Gambit's eyes and the charged cards is a cool effect
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    lol you are wrong. No no and no.
    exploding a car or tearing Laura and Gaby's body is not a great feat in fact technically that would makebetter jubilee o pyro , and talk about another.

Not among the Remy energy handlers in the current canon is at the end of the food chain.
    which bothers me, since in the old comics of Gambit they used to place him higher up in the hands of characters like Scott even dazzler and havok.

Today his greatest feats and remove skin from x23 ??? Lol
    is that even his agility has been affected.
    in the Gambit pass he could react to shots and dodge or divert them, and in xmenRED he could not save an innocent.

Failing against a weapon.

And unfortunately Remy facing today even the super strong of the lowest level would lose.
    in house of m his only participation was to be humiliated with Carol Danvers.

ok she is powerful but old Gambit was able to fight a little more to Carol, but the height of the matter was that the Moon knight did nothing.

And Cap America vs Gambit...., completely humiliated Remy.

Yes, his level as an energy manipulator is down to everyone ... and he has been the canon unfortunately.

When Kelly Tompsom was doing something good with Gambit level, some fans like you complained.
    if they do it wrong they complain but if they do it well too.
    They must first accept what level Remy has in the current canon.

And it is far below virtually all energy manipulators.

Sooo yes. I want Death powers back
    Don't think you are following along. He did that with a single card so if he needed more power he could simply use more cards like he did with Gladiator. The point is he obviously has power to do more damage. Whether writers chose to use it or not is another matter. You are confusing writers choosing to limit his powers with his actual power levels. If he actually wanted to, Gambit could kill Cap with a deck of cards. They just don't ever write him actually wanting to do it.

You also ignored that I said he charged up an entire hell carrier. Purp provided the scans. A hell carrier that guys like Thor were trying to figure out how they were going to take down and Gambit made it go boom. So again, don't confuse writers writing him poorly with his actual power levels.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-26-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Apocalypse's blood stinks is true ... but Death Gambit in Carey's career and the mini in the limbo un secondcoming was spectacular.

I do want it back.

I'm tired of the weak Gambit that only serves to steal.
    but that is constantly defeated .. by everyone.

if they say who has a better level of power if Gambit or Jubilee sincerely in the canon of the last 15 years I say they are matched m is sad but it is represented for the majority.

I do want Death Gambit back.
    I don't have a problem with Gambit's Death powers but they would be subject to the same problem as his regular powers. As you said, Carey and the Hell Bound mini used them well while Milligan had him farting. So the power itself is not the problem. It is the writer. Writers can screw up his regular or Death powers. Writers can show the true potential of his regular or Death powers. In the end, it is up to the writer to do the character justice as there is plenty in the canon that shows his powers whether regular or Death are powerful.

This is like someone complaining about Batman's powers. In the end the dude is just human but yet takes down people far more powerful than him because the writers have an interest in him being written well.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-26-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Amazing Member

It's ironic that I've spent years wishing Rogue and Gambit return to the X-Men, and now I just want someone (preferably KT) to rescue them from Tini's hands and all this Krakoa mutant cult shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    It's ironic that I've spent years wishing Rogue and Gambit return to the X-Men, and now I just want someone (preferably KT) to rescue them from Tini's hands and all this Krakoa mutant cult shit.
    Haha ... SAME. So much same! (Don't mind me ... I'll just be over here sitting in the corner in the fetal position if anyone needs me. And miming "Run!" in Krakoan at Rogue and Gambit.)

Feel the same.

Yes, he needs to be rescued from Tini's hand but NO to KT. She lead him to the path of love interest only. He lost his agency and it started with her. He needs a different writer, imo.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Well I heartily disagree, but I'm not getting into this argument again since it's been done to death and this is a Rogue and Gambit appreciation thread.

In lieu of the Jean Grey/Emma Frost silent issue that came out this week, I was thinking about the silent issue from X-Treme X-Men #8 Boomerang.

1929e73084f2b723af49482605f9ae46.jpg

So much to love in this issue and this run, though I particularly love how this one ends with Rogue punching who she thinks is Vargas, but he just stands there and we see the illusion cracking. Then she tentatively lifts the mask off and it's Remy's smiling face and she smiles all sheepish and they embrace. Plus there was something particularly impressive about a Claremont issue without a single word given he's known for his massive amounts of thought and word bubbles. Seriously one of my favorite Rogue and Gambit issues.

Boomerang was cool.
    Giant X-Men was meh with beautiful art.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Boomerang was cool.
    Giant X-Men was meh with beautiful art.
    Yeah the art was AMAZING, but it was otherwise kind of a boring plot rehash other than what's going on with Storm.

Has Russel Dauterman ever given us a Gambit and Rogue? I feel like he has but I'm drawing a blank.

Yeah the art was AMAZING, but it was otherwise kind of a boring plot rehash other than what's going on with Storm.

Has Russel Dauterman ever given us a Gambit and Rogue? I feel like he has but I'm drawing a blank.
    Offical cover

Just his art

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Just his art

He does a good job with both characters. I like the amount of sass (edit: and confidence!) he portrays with Rogue and that Gambit yearbook shot makes him look like the charming scoundrel he is.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    He does a good job with both characters. I like the amount of sass (edit: and confidence!) he portrays with Rogue and that Gambit yearbook shot makes him look like the charming scoundrel he is.
    Thanks Purp! I had forgotten that Rogue cover and it's a brilliant one.

Ok, yeah. I'm gonna NEED a Russel Dauterman issue drawing Gambit and Rogue some day! I love how expressive they are in these headshots.