Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Has anyone found a Rogue here? It's strange that she's not near Gambit.aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzYvMTczL29yaWdpbmFsL01BUkFVREVSUzIwMTkwMTEu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Giant Size is only 5 issues and all the lead characters have already been announced. Maybe they'll do a second run sometime though.
    Ah I have missed that announcement. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Has anyone found a Rogue here? It's strange that she's not near Gambit.
    I feel like it's Rogue between Nightcrawler and Magik:

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Agreed; its the Rogue and Gambit thread. And disagreeing with me is fine. It has nothing to do with them as a couple but how they are written. Its was never equal. Gambit has been the lesser. IMO.

Edit: Why would it be so horrible if SOMEONE ELSE had a shot at writing something better than what we've read? There has to be better. IMO
    Yeah I would agree. There is a difference between saying you want a different writer to write them vs not appreciating Rogue & Gambit as a couple. I love XTAS Romy. I love Claremont Romy. I dislike pretty much everyone else's Romy as often times it is one sided.

Case in point, no one claims it is bashing the couple because we hate Tini's Romy so it is fair game if someone hates KT's Romy as well. That is a commentary on the writer not the couple.

I should point out I enjoyed the last 2 issues of the ongoing. The mini and the first 10 issues of the ongoing were heavily focused on Rogue. And even in the Thieves Guild issues Gambit still fully expected Rogue to go running to Cyke and Wolverine not him which pretty much was KT's meta commentary that she knew Gambit had become an afterthought. There would not be a need to write that scene if the characters were on equal footing throughout as it would never cross Gambit's mind that Rogue would chose someone else over her husband. Maybe KT would have corrected that imbalance going forward but she left it too late in the end so it was too little too late for me as a Gambit fan.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-28-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I feel like it's Rogue between Nightcrawler and Magik:

I’d agree that’s Rogue...

But now I can’t find Gambit
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Surprise, surprise. Nothing for us from a panel.

I am not sure why anyone would post Excalibur stuff in this thread to be quite honest. Nothing in it can be considered an appreciation of Romy.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I’d agree that’s Rogue...

But now I can’t find Gambit
    I think he's on the far right. The tall figure
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I think he's on the far right. The tall figure
    No Gambit there. It is probably just Pyro.

ER5BOEhXUAE8nhy.jpg

Not much to glean from this cover other than symbolically Saturnyne is [A]'s pawn, while the team is Saturnyne's pawn? So it looks like this storyline of being used by [A] for his colonial expansion continues. Meh.

Doesn't appear that Rogue or Gambit will feature in Ten of Swords going by the cover, though we know Rogue is on the free comic book day cover. Remy of course would be more likely to wield a sword, but who can say. Not many details there. Overall can't say there was a lot of new information here beyond that title announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    ER5BOEhXUAE8nhy.jpg

Not much to glean from this cover other than symbolically Saturnyne is [A]'s pawn, while the team is Saturnyne's pawn? So it looks like this storyline of being used by [A] for his colonial expansion continues. Meh.

Doesn't appear that Rogue or Gambit will feature in Ten of Swords going by the cover, though we know Rogue is on the free comic book day cover. Remy of course would be more likely to wield a sword, but who can say. Not many details there. Overall can't say there was a lot of new information here beyond that title announcement.
    Considering we have the Braddock twins with swords I wouldn't be suprised if that is the extent of sword users we get from the Excalibur cast.

I'm a bit perplexed as what to think of the future for Romy in Excalibur. We know Hickman approved Tini's ideas of mutant magic because he liked them and thought they could have synergy with his arokoa plans. Yet in the title we already have Apocalypse and Betsy, with Brian and Meggan on the sidelines waiting, beyond the cast. So when a crossover like Swords of X hits us neither Rogue or Remy are at the moment being set up to play any important parts.

I'm worried that whatever role Excalibur will have in swords of X is through Otherworld, Apocalypse and the Braddocks. Leaving Romy to play crewmembers.

I would be surprised if Excalibur lasts much past issue 12.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I would be surprised if Excalibur lasts much past issue 12.
    I hope Gambit doesn't get the blame. He's becoming a curse for getting books cancelled but it's just poor writing or bad choices from good writers.

If that X of Swords is a crossover then all books will probably have tie-ins. So Excalibur from issue 13 probably will be a part of crossover to boost sales. Unfortunatelly it seems that Excalibur will continue and Gambit and Rogue will continue to be badly written.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-29-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I hope Gambit doesn't get the blame. He's becoming a curse for getting books cancelled but it's just poor writing or bad choices from good writers.
    I can name many X-Books without Gambit that have gotten cancelled in recent years. Excalibur sales are between 45k to 50k at the moment (higher than Marauders I think). So it's going okay.