Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Was it on this thread where we were talking about whether or not Rogue could absorb the Five to help Mystique bring back Destiny, or did I hallucinate that?

Well whoever's idea it was ... I'm really digging it!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Was it on this thread where we were talking about whether or not Rogue could absorb the Five to help Mystique bring back Destiny, or did I hallucinate that?

Awesome idea!
    Probably won't happen.

That would be awesome. I would totally pick up that issue if it were to happen. I'd love to see Mystique, Irene and Rogue reunited, especially since Gambit is now part of the familial mix. That would def get me back into picking up some Marvel comics.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 03-03-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    That would be awesome. I would totally pick up that issue if it were to happen. I'd love to see Mystique, Irene and Rogue reunited, especially since Gambit is now part of the familial mix. That would def get me back into picking up some Marvel comics.
    I like this idea so much that if it never happens in the comics ... well, we might just have to write it ourselves, huh!?

Ok, so I woke up this morning having forgotten entirely that it's Excalibur day. This is not a good sign. I was waking up at 3 AM with anticipation for R&G and MMX every single issue. Even X-Men:Red and several of the AoXM books, I at least woke up excited to read them ASAP.

Today I just stared at my e-mail notification trying to decide if I really even cared to read it. But work is slow this morning, so I went ahead.

Non-spoilers: It wasn't bad. It wasn't amazing. I think the story flow was much better, the characterizations were better, and the dialogue was better. The art switches back to To halfway through, which is also better. But if you're here for Gambit and Rogue, they just don't say or do a whole lot in this issue. There is a thing that I'm wondering if it's the thing that is supposedly cuter than Baby Yoda. If this IS that thing ... IMO, it's not. I have a LOT more thoughts that are very spoilery so I'll come back later when we can talk about it.

Gambit running from a warwolf was pathetic. I am sure that Tini is writing him so bad on purpose.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-04-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit running from a warwolf was pathetic. I am sure that Tini is writing him so bad on purpose.
    Yyeeeaaahhhhh, that was the one stand out poor treatment moment that had me very annoyed.

Yyeeeaaahhhhh, that was the one stand out poor treatment moment that had me very annoyed.
    It was his only treatment.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Tini needs to learn to punch up rather than punching down. That could certainly bring the much needed joy to this series.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm convinced Tini basically just wanted a book with Apocalypse and Betsy and maybe Rictor. Then Editorial told her she needed more on her team and now she doesn't know what to do with them or just doesn't care.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I'm convinced Tini basically just wanted a book with Apocalypse and Betsy and maybe Rictor. Then Editorial told her she needed more on her team and now she doesn't know what to do with them or just doesn't care.
    I'm not even sure if she want Betsy, her writing of her is very awful

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm not even sure if she want Betsy, her writing of her is very awful
    Yes the big benefit Betsy has is just more panels. Sometimes she gets cool moments and sometimes she gets awful ones. If I had to generalise her moments with Jamie and Apocalypse are her best. Her interactions with the actual team are her worst. If I was a Betsy fan I would probably be very conflicted about this book.

Standout moments for Rogue
    : new use of her power when interacting with her warwolf skin. Minus point we don't see her actually use that skin more then as a cosmetic, since it's mostly off -panel.

Standout moments for Gambit: He runs from a warwolf. The team mocks him for claiming he lost Rogue. Rogue shows up and Gambit has a line about that she was always behind him. It's a wierd way to put Gambit in a mess and then do a halfhearted attempt to exonerate him a bit. He just looks incompetent. The little amount of panels we got.

Romy fans should be angry we didn't even get a panel showing us Rogue and Gambits room in Cullens mansion!

Astonishing Member

I just read it and I agree with firstprince’s interpertation. The war wolf gambit was running from was rogue and it was a fake out, so she could get a drop on Cullen. But it would have much more interesting to actually see than a page of betsy’s weird nightgown.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I just read it and I agree with firstprince’s interpertation. The war wolf gambit was running from was rogue and it was a fake out, so she could get a drop on Cullen.
    That's also how I read it. Still, the two of them need to run fast away from this. The dialogue is just so terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    That's also how I read it. Still, the two of them need to run fast away from this. The dialogue is just so terrible.
    Yes. I went back and I read that panel wrong.

Still doesn’t really change my opinion of the issue. A solution to a non problem.

Astonishing Member

man this hurts. I want to support Romy and I like Tini(she's a cat lover like KT), i heard good things about her Strikeforce but man I been giving this book too many chances. i already dropped New mutants(only getting the Hickman written issues) and I hate to do this, im very conflicted about giving Excalibur up.