Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

So, non-spoiler review for Excalibur today: Better! I didn't hate it, at least I wasn't nearly as annoyed. Remy isn't made into a fool and gets to do something creative with his powers. I call that progress! Rogue has warmed up considerably and has lots of dialogue, some of which is rather curious. To is back on art, which helps a lot. We get the hair brushing scene which is cute. Jubilee sees some impressive action. The dialogue is still clunky to me at times, but better. Still not particularly invested in this plot and I have some more thoughts to discuss on that. But later! Glad to have switched over to digital format in light of circumstances. This one got 3 stars. Sorry to say though, if this was still MMX level caliber to me, I would gladly have driven to my LCS to support their business and buy the floppy. So I'm not quite there yet.
    It was alright. The team bonded a lot better. I like the Rogue and Betsy interactions, Gambit was tolerable. Tini writes Romy okay in this issue, at least she's taking the more fun approach to writing them which is the correct route.
    To's art is great here.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Love it! I seriously would love a 60 page story JUST about all the conversations and activities going on in that bar. Thanks for sharing!
    No problem. There's another panel of them making out next to Black Tom.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    No problem. There's another panel of them making out next to Black Tom.
    Well now I have to pick this book up
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Well now I have to pick this book up
    Here it is.

ROMY.jpg

Here it is.

ROMY.jpg
    X-Force is a great book. Romy cameo makes it even better.

Here it is.

ROMY.jpg
    Nice! Might have to read this later. Why are we getting better Romy content in one cameo of X-Force than most of Excalibur? Hoo boy.

On Excalibur.

A better comic then most of what we have gotten so far. As a Gambit fan it has come down to me being relieved that he can start a fire with his powers. It's just a wierd bit seeing that Gabmit used to light his cigarettes with his powers many times during the days Marvel characters smoked. Other then that he's hardly there. The same for Rictor.

I have been thinking about this since issue 6. When did Rogue and Betsy become close? I can't remember many interactions between them before this ongoing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    On Excalibur.

A better comic then most of what we have gotten so far. As a Gambit fan it has come down to me being relieved that he can start a fire with his powers. It's just a wierd bit seeing that Gabmit used to light his cigarettes with his powers many times during the days Marvel characters smoked. Other then that he's hardly there. The same for Rictor.

I have been thinking about this since issue 6. When did Rogue and Betsy become close? I can't remember many interactions between them before this ongoing.
    I mean I assume they got close during the post Mutant Massacre/outback era and blue team after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I mean I assume they got close during the post Mutant Massacre/outback era and blue team after that.
    Yeah I just assumed that too. I just can't conjure any scenes from my memory. So as they say about assuming =) I wouldn't mind finding some scenes so I can get a better understanding of their friendship.

They seemed pretty close during the first arc of X-Treme X-Men. They sure love to spar in the Danger Room.

They also worked well together during Necrosha.

But here Rogue is mostly Besty's confident. ZZzzzz

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Kind of funny to see Magneto directly across the bar from Rogue and Gambit on the spread, not to mention Frenzy right next to them. I'm glad to see they can all be mature adults with their exes lol
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    On Excalibur.

Tini just never read that old comics. Current editors probably too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Kind of funny to see Magneto directly across the bar from Rogue and Gambit on the spread, not to mention Frenzy right next to them. I'm glad to see they can all be mature adults with their exes lol
    I honestly feel so bad for Frenzy.

I love her time as an X-Man during Carey's run. She has the potential to be a star.

I honestly feel so bad for Frenzy.

I love her time as an X-Man during Carey's run. She has the potential to be a star.
    I think her problem is her generic powerset. If it could be tweaked a little to make it more unique, not more powerful, then more writers would want to use her.

Amazon’s product listing for the #XOfSwords lists issue tie-ins