Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I've always liked Constantine bc he reminds me of Gambit. Also why I've always associated Gambit with being bi
    Saaaame. Lean ALL the way into it, and build out MCU NOLA to be his Southern Gothic True Blood wonderland.

I don't think Scott Eastwood is a good enough actor. Gambit is a role that demands effortless charm, and Eastwood is a typical action film actor with not a lot of range (which is why I'm definitely against him as Logan as well). I was thinking someone like a younger Michiel Huisman.

Also wouldn't mind at all if he was biracial. He's also foh' sure bisexual in my headcanon.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 04-10-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I don't think Scott Eastwood is a good enough actor. Gambit is a role that demands effortless charm, and Eastwood is a typical action film actor with not a lot of range (which is why I'm definitely against him as Logan as well). I was thinking someone like a younger Michiel Huisman.

Also wouldn't mind at all if he was biracial. He's also foh' sure bisexual in my headcanon.
    I like him too. His character on GoT def reminded me of Gambit. He's 38 though
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Saaaame. Lean ALL the way into it, and build out MCU NOLA to be his Southern Gothic True Blood wonderland.
    Yessss. Literally would not have been as into True Blood if it wasn't for the Southern Gothic-ness of it. Definitely would love that to be the setting for Gambit's stories
    Make Good Art

I like him too. His character on GoT def reminded me of Gambit. He's 38 though
    Yep, that's why I said "a younger Michiel Huisman". He would have been perfect a few years ago, tho. : )

Rome Flynn, but with Superfly(2018) hair.

A bit of CW casting, but I'm so onboard with a black Gambit that another floppy -but steamy- white dude will feel like a slap. C'est la vie.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-10-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Rome Flynn

Jacob Artist

A bit of CW casting, but I'm so onboard with a black Gambit that another floppy -but steamy- white dude will feel like a slap. C'est la vie.
    Rome Flynn has the looks and charm.

Jacob was really adorable in Now Apocalypse.

Now Apocalypse.
    So WE'RE the two people that watched that show. High Five.

Hmmm, not sure any those really strike me as Gambit visually, though I agree they should open cast for the part. Gambit could easily be multiracial and/or bi in my mind, but I'm not particularly interested in his relationships outside of Rogue and I picture something closer to canon. Though ultimately it comes down to the ability to portray the personality and attitude moreso than anything else.

If RDJR and Chris H can revitalize the characters they portray with some pulled faces and self-aware jokes, I'm all about some actors injecting some new neuroses into our favorite characters. Aside from a stunning smolder and a sloppy vaguely French accent, who *is* Gambit? He's not a douche OR a himbo... he's a fuckboi!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hmmm, not sure any those really strike me as Gambit visually, though I agree they should open cast for the part. Gambit could easily be multiracial and/or bi in my mind, but I'm not particularly interested in his relationships outside of Rogue and I picture something closer to canon. Though ultimately it comes down to the ability to portray the personality and attitude moreso than anything else.
    I feel like in order for us to get the Romy romance (in a way that feels earned like in the comics), we need to have the flirty Gambit that we got in TAS and the early Blue team days. And then they fall for each other and we can root for them against the odds (God, they made me suffer so much in that cartoon). So while we may not want to see him have any romantic relationships outside of Rogue, I feel like his flirty, seductive mode needs to be on, and not necessarily pointed at Rogue exclusively in the beginning.

we need to have the flirty Gambit that we got in TAS and the early Blue team days
    A Disney+ Gambit series needs a Claire Temple. You know a long form con + heist with Sabretooth and Genevieve Darceneaux would give us everything we need to know about the character.

I feel like in order for us to get the Romy romance (in a way that feels earned like in the comics), we need to have the flirty Gambit that we got in TAS and the early Blue team days. And then they fall for each other and we can root for them against the odds (God, they made me suffer so much in that cartoon). So while we may not want to see him have any romantic relationships outside of Rogue, I feel like his flirty, seductive mode needs to be on, and not necessarily pointed at Rogue exclusively in the beginning.
    Yeah, no. I'm not saying that. If they're going to do a series clearly he'll need to be flirty and have plenty of other romantic interests. I guess I just don't really care who those other romantic interests are or feel very invested in any of them outside of maybe Belladonna. The bisexual angle doesn't do anything for me personally, but it doesn't particularly bother me either. Canonically we've never really seen it on panel, though there's no doubt about the number of ladies he's had interest in and done time with.

Yep, that's why I said "a younger Michiel Huisman". He would have been perfect a few years ago, tho. : )
    Ah, my mistake. I misread your post

Rome Flynn, but with Superfly(2018) hair.

That dude looks like he could smolder properly haha

Piggybacking off of this, I wouldn't mind seeing a Latino Gambit. Diego Luna was a fancast of mine for a while but he's 40 now. Pedro Pascal as well, but he's 45
    Make Good Art

Ah, my mistake. I misread your post

That dude looks like he could smolder properly haha

Piggybacking off of this, I wouldn't mind seeing a Latino Gambit. Diego Luna was a fancast of mine for a while but he's 40 now. Pedro Pascal as well, but he's 45
    I'm dying laughing at "could smoulder properly".

I hope they put that in the casting call!